Older man with Younger Woman (Ladies Only)

Options

Replies

• xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    My SO is almost five years older than me. We're happy :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    My gentleman friend is 42, I'm 27. Sometimes he's "younger" than me :wink:.

Age... just a number. For sure.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the age gap. Rarely does a 20 year old have anything in common with a 30 year old but a 30 and 40 year old would be at about the same spot in life. I dated older men in my early 20's and to be honest it was probably a control thing for them. I was naive. Here they were worried about stocks and bonds and I complained about the bars closing too early or not having an outfit to go to an amusement park in.

Now I'm 29, I prefer older guys. Seems like all the guys my age just don't have their crap together and they'd rather be with younger girls because they don't care about stability yet.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A woman told me the other day that there are women who would date an older man ( 10-15 years older) and even have a family. My opinion is she was wrong but I want to ask the ladies on MFP. What are your thoughts?

Why were you talking about me like that? :p
  • bdubois63
    bdubois63 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow we celebrate our 25th wedding by renewing our vows. When we got married I was 23 he was 39.....now 48 and 65.....its wonderful!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are 8 (currently 9 until my birthday next month) years apart. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. We have 2 beautiful children and love our life. He's 43 and I'm 34...been together 12 years, married almost 10 (in October).
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ive dated older men, in fact i prefer dating older men
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I would and have. I'm in my mid 20's and I find that guys that are my age aren't looking for what I'm looking for ie family life. They are all about having fun and "sowing their wild oats" while older guys have gone through that phase are are more serious about life and what they are looking for is what I'm looking for.
  • tonicandgin
    tonicandgin Posts: 175
    Options
    as summed up perfectly by Andy Rooney.

Women over 40
    As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.

If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.

A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.

Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.

A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.

A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

~ Andy Rooney

I love this quote!!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    as summed up perfectly by Andy Rooney.

Women over 40
    As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.

If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.

A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.

Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.

A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.

A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

~ Andy Rooney

I'm almost 30 and I am nodding in agreement. I feel like I am becoming all of these things. Before when I was younger I use to make excuses for men. Now I am not afraid to call a man a *kitten* to his face when he is being one and some of them can't handle that.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Last year I was 32 and I dated a 45 year old guy. Total rebound but whatev. I'd never date him now.

He couldn't keep up to me.. I wanted to go out and see the city while he was tired. Boo! It would have never worked out long term but eh.. he treated me like I was the hottest piece ever so I had fun!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Obviously Im not a lady but here is my input. Not sure what you think is wrong with that. I have seen so many younger woman date older men and Older woman date younger men. Nothing wrong with it unless they are under 18 of course.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have dated men 16 years or so older than me and wouldn't change it. Age is just a number. My mom's husband is 10 years younger than her haha and they are perfect. People who even ask about this are way closed minded and need to get up with the times lmao.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Ugh. My dad just married a woman from Thailand who is a year younger than me (she's 31, he's 56.) He's going through the paperwork now to move her here (US) in about six months. I'm really trying to be positive about the whole thing, as he seems happy, but I just can't shake this :grumble: :sick::explode: :sick: :huh: feeling. Am I wrong to find the whole situation unappealing?
    No offence, but seems like one of those mail order bride things.................................that s*** ain't right!!!

Can you say "Green Card"? OR as I have heard sooo many times, "Me love you long time". But looking at the positive, I hope I'm wrong.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My gentleman friend is 42, I'm 27. Sometimes he's "younger" than me :wink:.

Age... just a number. For sure.

I love this GET IT girl ;) a woman after my own heart!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I would and I do date men 10-15 years my senior. I plan on having a family...one day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I would - when I was 27 I was dating someone that 38 and we had a blast together.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My son's biological father is 11 years older than I am (I was 17, he was 28).

Historically, I've only been interested in men who are around 7-15 years older than myself.

Why exactly is this wrong???

Okay, at 17, it was a little icky. At 28, though?

What is wrong with preferring someone in their late 30s or early 40s? I'm an adult - a responsible one - so what exactly is the problem?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the persons involved. You fall in love with a person, not a whole demographic.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A close friend of mine is 30 years younger that her 60-year-old husband, who has grown children. She gets along great with his children, they are VERY happy together and trying to have a baby together.