List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Options
These are just some (non-obvious/unknown) foods i have discovered over my years of trying to lose weight and research etc etc.!
Comment if you've got your own low calorie food to share with everyone!

1. Miracle Noodles (0 calories!):
this is probably the number 1 most miracle of all foods. They taste pretty much like any noodle (flavorless) except slightly chewier, which is definitively worth it for the 0 calories! you can order them on amazon, and there are a list of shops you can get them in on their official website. and they can NOT ONLY be used as noodles.. i have found a recipe online where you can use them to make 10 CALORIE COOKIES (this is the link > http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/p/recipes-10-calorie-miracle-chocolate.html ) so all in all, these things are pretty much da bomb.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

2. Alpro Light Soya Milk (22cal per 100ml)
Okay, this doesn't taste exactly like normal milk, but it is an excellent alternative if you want to add it to something (e.g: hot chocolate, cereal) and takes away so many calories. A cup of whole milk (250ml) would be 165 calories, where as a cup of this would only be 55calories, when you consider it like that it really is a big difference! Plus its is very nutritious! probably more than actual milk!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.alpro.com/country

3. Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly Pots (8.75 calories!)
Got a sweet tooth? These are your answer! They come in various flavors: Cranberry & Raspberry, Blueberry & Blackcurrant, Mango & Passionfruit. They really do taste good too!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hartleysjelly.com/

4.Green Tea. (0 calories)
This is literally the best thing ever. It has so many benefits, like speeding up your metabolism. I personally always feel great after drinking it, it gives me energy! Plus it fills you up. I could go on and on and on about how much i'd recommend drinking this, just Google it and you'll see what i mean!

5.All-bran Cereal. (80calories/30g serving)
Okay this isn't very tasty, (its pretty bland) but ill tell you why its great: it has TONSSSS of fibre in it. which 1. fills you the **** up and 2. keeps your digestive system moving. I have it with 125 ml of of the soya milk i mentioned, which is just over 100 calories! seriously great breakfast, like it fills you up soooo much sometimes i have to struggle slightly to finish the bowl! it will definitely keep you going for a good while. If you want to you could add some sugar (or sweetener), raisins, fruit, whatever to improve the flavor!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.all-bran.com/Home.aspx

6.Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Bread (50calories per slice)
Theres nothing particularly amazing about this but the fact that 2 slices comes to 100 calories is pretty low for bread, no? compared to some white breads being 93 or so calories per slice!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/

7.Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (33 calories per 30g serving)
As far as i know, you can get mini tubs of this too which is handy because you know that you are using the right amount! put it on some toasted Hovis Nimble bread and comes to about 130 calories, decent low calorie meal!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/

8.Cadburies Highlights hot chocolate (40calories per sache)
Overall this isn't much lower than normal hot chocolate, but again, the benefit of it is that your aware of the amount of calories you're having. Good for curing chocolate cravings. Add it to water, or 250ml of heated Alpro soya milk and it comes to 95cals!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts/today/Pages/productDetails.aspx?category=drinks&product=highlights

9.Any diet fizzy drink (usually 0cal)
Im aware that most of you probably know about these haha, but just thought id throw them in for good measure, to show my appreciation for diet coke <3

10. ICE COLD water (0cal)
okay again this is obvious i know but not only is it no calories, it fills you up and, actually BURNS calories. I'm not sure how much calories per ml exactly but I'm sure its easy for anyone to find out!

So there ya go! just thought i'd let people know about my little discoveries! I might have left someout but ill comment on this if i think of any more!

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU'VE GOT ANY TOO! (not the obvious fruits or soup though lol, you know what i mean) I would definately appriciate it, along with others im sure.

Add me guys!!!! xxxxxx

Replies

• Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It was a good list until number 9.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I don't have any to add, but want to thank you for posting this!
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information! =)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tinyxelle
    Tinyxelle Posts: 3
    Options
    - KANTEN!!
    "There's something called "Kanten," which is made from red algae. Japanese people actually have a diet called the Kanten diet (Google it!). Kanten has virtually no calories, made up of fiber.. and expands to form a gel, which further expands three times+ in your stomach. If you eat this before a meal, you're guaranteed to fill up fast. It has a pleasant and mild taste, you can flavor it any way you like."
    Source:
    http://www.healthkicker.com/758374298/heres-a-secret-asian-diet-tip/

- FryLight 1 Cal Spray
    The idea is that this is meant to be used instead of cooking oil in pans and things, but I use it on toast for a 1 calorie butter replacement :D

I need to try this.

Also, I love the taste of all bran, the fibre content makes me so happy!

Sainsbury's light hot chocolate is only 36 calories :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • morbidbones
    morbidbones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! but what the hell does bump mean? lol im new here
  • morbidbones
    Options

Thanks for focusing on the negatives, i mentioned they were obvious. YOU'RE WELCOME.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! but what the hell does bump mean? lol im new here

If you "bump" a topic, it will show in "My Topics" on the message boards, so you can find it again for reference or to follow the comments etc.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! now, I wanna try that miracle noodles!
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I'm particularly interested in the miracle noodles (hoping this isn't a joke, as they sound too good to be true - especially as I LOVE noodles!) :happy:

I think people just "bump" things if they want to look at it again later (then they will be able to click on "my topics" and find the thread again). I didn't know what it meant either, but this is what I've concluded!

Some other good suggestions too - and I don't see what's so bad about the occasional can of fizzy diet drink, if it helps you to keep off the more fattening stuff. But I know a lot of people are really against it!

Not heard of "Kanten" either, so will look into that too.

I need all the help I can get!! :ohwell: :wink:
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options

Thanks for focusing on the negatives, i mentioned they were obvious. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Don't take it personally. There are TONS of people on here that are anti diet soda. Personally, I love the stuff!!!:drinker:
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! now, I wanna try that miracle noodles!

These noodles are made from glucomanan. This is a soluble fiber that makes you feel full. If taken in large amounts can cause cramping and diarrhea and can interfere with the absorption of some medications so you should take your meds an hour before you plan to ingest the glucomanan. If you google Miracle noodle it will give you a link that you can search for a store in your area that carries them. Many posters have indicated that they have a very obnoxious smell but if you rinse them in hot water the smell will go away.
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    thanks for the list! i agree with you, the sugarfree jelly is my fave!! x
  • morbidbones
    Options
    I was spectacle about the Miracle noodles too at first, but if you go on their official site it shows various different media outlets where they've been mentioned. ( http://www.miraclenoodle.com/t-news.aspx ) which includes Rachel Ray (a well known american talk show) and various magazines and news channels, along with some sucess stories. So i figure if they've been on the news, they must be legit. Lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I'm particularly interested in the miracle noodles (hoping this isn't a joke, as they sound too good to be true - especially as I LOVE noodles!) :happy:

I think people just "bump" things if they want to look at it again later (then they will be able to click on "my topics" and find the thread again). I didn't know what it meant either, but this is what I've concluded!

Some other good suggestions too - and I don't see what's so bad about the occasional can of fizzy diet drink, if it helps you to keep off the more fattening stuff. But I know a lot of people are really against it!

Not heard of "Kanten" either, so will look into that too.

I need all the help I can get!! :ohwell: :wink:
    With respect to "miracle noodles" just look for tofu shiratki noodles in the tofu department at the organic market, or "real" shirataki noodles (yam) at asian speciality markets. They run between 0-20 calories a serving.
  • nessa786
    nessa786 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Light Potato Bread from Aunt Millies is only 35 calories per slice
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    Can I get these in the USA? It sounds like you're from the UK to me. I've never even heard of some of these