List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Options

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yep, good list until #9. Diet -anything that has any "sweetened chemicals" (splenda, saccharin, equal) actually makes you hungrier. It's almost as bad as drinking the sugary stuff. If you HAVE to have your diet drink, look for something with stevia in it.
    Stevia is no different than any other "sweetened chemical." If you think Stevia is good, then all of them are good. Likewise, if you think the rest are bad, then stevia is equally bad.

Stevia is just an artificial sweetener made from a leaf, that's been soaked in chemical solutions to extract a sweet compound and then ground into a powder. Not much different than how Splenda is made, just a different chemical used for soaking (Stevia uses methanol, a chemical, that, when ingested in high amounts on its own, can cause blindness and death. Did I do the scare mongering part right?)

I thought that was Rebiana (a trademarked Stevia derivative used in Truvia) and Stevia was usually extract via water or alcohol (I'm not sure about commercial but I have a friend who makes his own stevia through a process similar to creating vanilla extract).
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It was a good list until number 9.

My thoughts exactly :)

Maybe instead of thinking about soda think about those carbonated water with fruit flavors a lot of places sell now a days? :)

You can now get machines to make your own carbonated drinks too although the syrups I've seen have basically the same ingredients as regular or diet pop. I like to just mix carbonated water with a small amount of pure juice (cranberry usually) and make my own fruit "pop". I figure since it's diluted so much, it's not a huge deal to get the sugar with no protein or fiber or anything.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping...thanks
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Bump. Thanks.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It was a good list until number 9.

Thanks for focusing on the negatives, i mentioned they were obvious. YOU'RE WELCOME.

LOL...that wasn't said because it was obvious, it's because people on these boards HATE diet sodas :)

I drink Crystal Light by the GALLON, but most peeps here hate that kinda stuff!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Look into products by Walden Farms for more zero/low-calorie stuff (fruit spread, pasta sauce, salad dressing, etc.)
    NOOOOOOOOO NONONONONONO.

Those are the biggest trap I've ever encountered. I've tried three of their products, and only one of them was even remotely passable (the chocolate sauce). The salad dressing was miserable, and don't get me started on the grape jelly (have you ever wondered what it would be like if grape-flavored cough medicine were made into a spread?). Seriously, save yourself $4-5. Just don't.

This!

These.products.are.horrible

I never, ever, EVER throw anything away if I've bought it. I find a way to make it work. Not so with this stuff..into the trash it went without a 2nd thought
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!!!

If I ate like that I'd NEVER get to my TDEE of 2350 calories!

Please people learn to eat REAL food, you'll enjoy life sooooo much more!!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms condiments.....they have Alfredo Sauce and Maranara Sauce and I put them over my miracle noodles with veggies and chicken.....LOVE IT!!! A huge bowl for like 200 cal!! I love their salad dressings, pancake syrups and carmel syrups....ALL ZERO CALORIES! Look them up on Waldenfarms.com!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Look into products by Walden Farms for more zero/low-calorie stuff (fruit spread, pasta sauce, salad dressing, etc.)
    NOOOOOOOOO NONONONONONO.

Those are the biggest trap I've ever encountered. I've tried three of their products, and only one of them was even remotely passable (the chocolate sauce). The salad dressing was miserable, and don't get me started on the grape jelly (have you ever wondered what it would be like if grape-flavored cough medicine were made into a spread?). Seriously, save yourself $4-5. Just don't.

I guess it is what you get used to!! Their Peanut butter is awful, but love their pancake syrup, 1000 island dressing, honey dijoin dressing, pancake syrup, BBQ sauce and carmel sauce.......I put the alfredo and marana over my Miracle Noodles!! It is the bomb!! And GUESS WHAT? I DRINK DIET SODA TOO!! WAhoo-Hoo!!!! :laugh:
  • sandralila
    sandralila Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love the yummy sweet potato noodles from the Asian supermarket. They're also GLUTEN-FREE! 8-)
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • bump!!
  • PoseyLynn
    PoseyLynn Posts: 8
    Options
    Bump!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    All processed foods until green tea and water.

SMH

These are just some (non-obvious/unknown) foods i have discovered over my years of trying to lose weight and research etc etc.!
    Comment if you've got your own low calorie food to share with everyone!

1. Miracle Noodles (0 calories!):
    this is probably the number 1 most miracle of all foods. They taste pretty much like any noodle (flavorless) except slightly chewier, which is definitively worth it for the 0 calories! you can order them on amazon, and there are a list of shops you can get them in on their official website. and they can NOT ONLY be used as noodles.. i have found a recipe online where you can use them to make 10 CALORIE COOKIES (this is the link > http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/p/recipes-10-calorie-miracle-chocolate.html ) so all in all, these things are pretty much da bomb.
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

2. Alpro Light Soya Milk (22cal per 100ml)
    Okay, this doesn't taste exactly like normal milk, but it is an excellent alternative if you want to add it to something (e.g: hot chocolate, cereal) and takes away so many calories. A cup of whole milk (250ml) would be 165 calories, where as a cup of this would only be 55calories, when you consider it like that it really is a big difference! Plus its is very nutritious! probably more than actual milk!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.alpro.com/country

3. Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly Pots (8.75 calories!)
    Got a sweet tooth? These are your answer! They come in various flavors: Cranberry & Raspberry, Blueberry & Blackcurrant, Mango & Passionfruit. They really do taste good too!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hartleysjelly.com/

4.Green Tea. (0 calories)
    This is literally the best thing ever. It has so many benefits, like speeding up your metabolism. I personally always feel great after drinking it, it gives me energy! Plus it fills you up. I could go on and on and on about how much i'd recommend drinking this, just Google it and you'll see what i mean!

5.All-bran Cereal. (80calories/30g serving)
    Okay this isn't very tasty, (its pretty bland) but ill tell you why its great: it has TONSSSS of fibre in it. which 1. fills you the **** up and 2. keeps your digestive system moving. I have it with 125 ml of of the soya milk i mentioned, which is just over 100 calories! seriously great breakfast, like it fills you up soooo much sometimes i have to struggle slightly to finish the bowl! it will definitely keep you going for a good while. If you want to you could add some sugar (or sweetener), raisins, fruit, whatever to improve the flavor!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.all-bran.com/Home.aspx

6.Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Bread (50calories per slice)
    Theres nothing particularly amazing about this but the fact that 2 slices comes to 100 calories is pretty low for bread, no? compared to some white breads being 93 or so calories per slice!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/

7.Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (33 calories per 30g serving)
    As far as i know, you can get mini tubs of this too which is handy because you know that you are using the right amount! put it on some toasted Hovis Nimble bread and comes to about 130 calories, decent low calorie meal!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/

8.Cadburies Highlights hot chocolate (40calories per sache)
    Overall this isn't much lower than normal hot chocolate, but again, the benefit of it is that your aware of the amount of calories you're having. Good for curing chocolate cravings. Add it to water, or 250ml of heated Alpro soya milk and it comes to 95cals!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts/today/Pages/productDetails.aspx?category=drinks&product=highlights

9.Any diet fizzy drink (usually 0cal)
    Im aware that most of you probably know about these haha, but just thought id throw them in for good measure, to show my appreciation for diet coke <3

10. ICE COLD water (0cal)
    okay again this is obvious i know but not only is it no calories, it fills you up and, actually BURNS calories. I'm not sure how much calories per ml exactly but I'm sure its easy for anyone to find out!

So there ya go! just thought i'd let people know about my little discoveries! I might have left someout but ill comment on this if i think of any more!

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU'VE GOT ANY TOO! (not the obvious fruits or soup though lol, you know what i mean) I would definately appriciate it, along with others im sure.

Add me guys!!!! xxxxxx
  • batgreen
    batgreen Posts: 66
    Options
    bump