List Of Low Calorie Foods EVERYONE should know about!!

Options

Replies

• kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    GREAT LIST...

I have only just discovered Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (try the garlic & chives one) I love this

AND AS FOR Fizzy drinks......I drink Coke zero A LOT, so ignore the other comments, you NEED to enjoy what you eat, a diet isn't a punishment... :/

BTW. I eat takeaways don't eat much vegatables and only a little amount of fruit.

OMG A normal person!
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! now, I wanna try that miracle noodles!

These noodles are made from glucomanan. This is a soluble fiber that makes you feel full. If taken in large amounts can cause cramping and diarrhea and can interfere with the absorption of some medications so you should take your meds an hour before you plan to ingest the glucomanan. If you google Miracle noodle it will give you a link that you can search for a store in your area that carries them. Many posters have indicated that they have a very obnoxious smell but if you rinse them in hot water the smell will go away.
    Thanks for more info on the noodles.
  • cindygagnon
    cindygagnon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    These are just some (non-obvious/unknown) foods i have discovered over my years of trying to lose weight and research etc etc.!
    Comment if you've got your own low calorie food to share with everyone!

1. Miracle Noodles (0 calories!):
    this is probably the number 1 most miracle of all foods. They taste pretty much like any noodle (flavorless) except slightly chewier, which is definitively worth it for the 0 calories! you can order them on amazon, and there are a list of shops you can get them in on their official website. and they can NOT ONLY be used as noodles.. i have found a recipe online where you can use them to make 10 CALORIE COOKIES (this is the link > http://mitochondrialdepletionsyndrome.blogspot.com/p/recipes-10-calorie-miracle-chocolate.html ) so all in all, these things are pretty much da bomb.
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

2. Alpro Light Soya Milk (22cal per 100ml)
    Okay, this doesn't taste exactly like normal milk, but it is an excellent alternative if you want to add it to something (e.g: hot chocolate, cereal) and takes away so many calories. A cup of whole milk (250ml) would be 165 calories, where as a cup of this would only be 55calories, when you consider it like that it really is a big difference! Plus its is very nutritious! probably more than actual milk!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.alpro.com/country

3. Hartleys Low Calorie Jelly Pots (8.75 calories!)
    Got a sweet tooth? These are your answer! They come in various flavors: Cranberry & Raspberry, Blueberry & Blackcurrant, Mango & Passionfruit. They really do taste good too!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hartleysjelly.com/

4.Green Tea. (0 calories)
    This is literally the best thing ever. It has so many benefits, like speeding up your metabolism. I personally always feel great after drinking it, it gives me energy! Plus it fills you up. I could go on and on and on about how much i'd recommend drinking this, just Google it and you'll see what i mean!

5.All-bran Cereal. (80calories/30g serving)
    Okay this isn't very tasty, (its pretty bland) but ill tell you why its great: it has TONSSSS of fibre in it. which 1. fills you the **** up and 2. keeps your digestive system moving. I have it with 125 ml of of the soya milk i mentioned, which is just over 100 calories! seriously great breakfast, like it fills you up soooo much sometimes i have to struggle slightly to finish the bowl! it will definitely keep you going for a good while. If you want to you could add some sugar (or sweetener), raisins, fruit, whatever to improve the flavor!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.all-bran.com/Home.aspx

6.Hovis Nimble Wholemeal Sliced Bread (50calories per slice)
    Theres nothing particularly amazing about this but the fact that 2 slices comes to 100 calories is pretty low for bread, no? compared to some white breads being 93 or so calories per slice!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/

7.Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Light (33 calories per 30g serving)
    As far as i know, you can get mini tubs of this too which is handy because you know that you are using the right amount! put it on some toasted Hovis Nimble bread and comes to about 130 calories, decent low calorie meal!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/

8.Cadburies Highlights hot chocolate (40calories per sache)
    Overall this isn't much lower than normal hot chocolate, but again, the benefit of it is that your aware of the amount of calories you're having. Good for curing chocolate cravings. Add it to water, or 250ml of heated Alpro soya milk and it comes to 95cals!
    OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts/today/Pages/productDetails.aspx?category=drinks&product=highlights

9.Any diet fizzy drink (usually 0cal)
    Im aware that most of you probably know about these haha, but just thought id throw them in for good measure, to show my appreciation for diet coke <3

10. ICE COLD water (0cal)
    okay again this is obvious i know but not only is it no calories, it fills you up and, actually BURNS calories. I'm not sure how much calories per ml exactly but I'm sure its easy for anyone to find out!

So there ya go! just thought i'd let people know about my little discoveries! I might have left someout but ill comment on this if i think of any more!

PLEASE COMMENT IF YOU'VE GOT ANY TOO! (not the obvious fruits or soup though lol, you know what i mean) I would definately appriciate it, along with others im sure.

Add me guys!!!! xxxxxx

Thanks
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Look into products by Walden Farms for more zero/low-calorie stuff (fruit spread, pasta sauce, salad dressing, etc.)
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Interesting stuff! I want to try those noodles!
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Look into products by Walden Farms for more zero/low-calorie stuff (fruit spread, pasta sauce, salad dressing, etc.)
    NOOOOOOOOO NONONONONONO.

Those are the biggest trap I've ever encountered. I've tried three of their products, and only one of them was even remotely passable (the chocolate sauce). The salad dressing was miserable, and don't get me started on the grape jelly (have you ever wondered what it would be like if grape-flavored cough medicine were made into a spread?). Seriously, save yourself $4-5. Just don't.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    They're much cheaper than that at my grocery store. And I like their fruit spreads, I eat them with greek yogurt sometimes. Their syrups weren't bad from what I recall. I admit that their zero calorie alfredo sauce = puke.
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    I think you can only eat those mircle noodles for so long in life. and when you start giving your body real food again you would think you would gain it all back. Life is to short to live on some weird noodles to lose weight.. There is better ways to do it and still enjoy what u eat, I will stick with my daily food i love to eat and just make sure i am within my calories allowed.
  • rosiep80
    rosiep80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Brilliant list, thanks so much :) Love the jelly too, just bought anopther 4 at Tesco today! Don't know if anyone knows about this but the Fry-Light 1 cal spray thing also comes in a Balsamic Vinegar :) Tis v yum. Think you can get it at Asda or Morrisons. Off to search for said Miracle Noodles, thanks again :) xx
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Will have to look up miracle noodles :-)
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    Zevia diet soda.

It tastes better than most diet sodas as it is sweetened with stevia, a plant.

I honestly can't tell the difference between this and regular soda.

You can buy it at Whole Foods Market.
  • nishsuz
    nishsuz Posts: 55
    Options
    More ideas. ....

Popcorn cooked without oil and sprinkled with a bit of sugar or sweetener or even paprika or chilli powder. Fibre!

Soya chunks or soya mince. Protein!

Mini milk. For that sweet fix.
  • nscarebear
    nscarebear Posts: 29
    Options
    bump
  • eva_lawlor
    eva_lawlor Posts: 81
    Options
    bump!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    google 'shiritake' instead of buying from miracle noodles. they are way overpriced for the same thing and are actually 6 cals per 100g
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    tofu shiratki noodles are available at Price Chopper (for anyone in New England area) they are really good :)
  • TerynAshley
    TerynAshley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristiontheinside
    kristiontheinside Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are about 35 cals a cup if you make them with 0 cal cooking spray instead of olive oil. There are lots of recipes if you google it. They are soooo addicting!!!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The only thing on the list I use water not even ice water just room temp.
  • satxdc99
    satxdc99 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for listing! I will definitely have to try the cereal. I have tried the noodles and I just cannot handle the texture. One of my favorite low-cal snacks is air popped popcorn and I squeeze some lemon juice over it and sprinkle some chili/lime spice over it. THREE cups of air popped popcorn have only 93 calories!!!