Happy Weight Calculator

Options

Replies

• Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm 10lbs under my happy weight (and a lot happier with that)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Mine was pretty much spot on with my goal weight. I'm shooting for 135-140lbs, and my "happy weight" was 135lbs.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm 10lbs over my "happy weight"

Funny... I'm still happy :)
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just for fun. The happy weight calculator: http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/happyweight And just curious, is your goal weight your happy weight?

Based on this, I am under my happy weight currently, but my body still seems happy.

Hey, thanks for posting that link. That's a pretty cool website. I like it, too, because it has a list of exercises and shows you how many calories you can burn. Since I don't have an HRM or any other type exercise gadget yet, this will come in handy. :-)

My "happy" weight is about 10 lbs more than I really want to be, but the "happy" weight is the weight that my body always seemed to go back to after having babies (six of them!!). So, at this point, I actually would be very HAPPY to get back to 167 lbs.!

Thanks again for the post.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Mine is just 3 lb less than my goal weigh!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 lbs. short of my happy weight
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 120lbs. That puts my happy weight at 117.4.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    according to that my happy weight is 16 pounds below my goal weight. i guess when i get to my goal weight i will re-evaluate and see if i will go for the happy weight. lol
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    My goal is 164, my happy weight is 151.3! I can't see liking the way I look at that weight. I liked how I looked at 180, that's why I picked a higher number that at least got me into the normal BMI range. I guess I'll see what happens when I actually get to my goal first!
  • dreawest
    dreawest Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    wow, my healthy weight is quite a bit lower than both my goal weight and my wouldn't life be spectacular 'dream weight'
    I think being obese right now I have more realistic goals and that someone with less to lose could potentially need to be lower to be happy. That said my dream weight of 160lb at 5'7" was a fit and athletic girl. 148lb as a happy weight would be great but I'll be happy long before that.
  • bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My goal weight, which is what I weighed last time I was able to lose is about 7 lbs more than my "happy weight" but my "happy weight" is only 0.1 lb more than my ultimate goal.
  • karen0214
    karen0214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 159.9 (really, couldn't they have just said 160? lol) which is 20 lbs above my goal. Very interesting. I'm open minded about it. If I felt good at that weight, I'd maintain.

You know, I feel the same way. My goal weight has been around 155 lbs. But, after I started having babies 21 yrs ago, and had six babies almost back to back, my weight would always plateau around 165. After my twins 9 yrs ago, my weight started going up, up, up, but a lot of that has been due to being hypothyroid and not knowing it until about 2 yrs ago. So, anyhow, the "happy" weight calculator says my happy weight is 167. Sorry to be rambling, but my whole point is that maybe we sometimes have goals that were good "back in the day," but after having babies and getting older, things change. I don't know, but I'm like you -- when I get to the "happy" weight, I'll reevaluate and see if I really want to go lower. Pretty cool website, I thought.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 20 pounds under my goal weight, I tried before and I would have to starve myself to attain it. I'm not ready to do that.
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No No No!!! That is where I am currently and it is 10-12 lbs over where I feel happiest. Not even look better or worse but FEEL happy and healthy
  • saintspoon
    saintspoon Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow.... my happy weight is set at the very bottom of my healthy weight range!!

NO THANKS!
  • tawny9753
    tawny9753 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 115 lbs, my happy weight according to the calculator is 107 pounds. I don't think I would be happy at 107 pounds, too hard to maintain and I would rather have some curves than be stick skinny.
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    My "happy weight" is about 30 lbs under my goal weight....and way too small for my frame, IMO.
  • br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW, MY Happy Weight is 122.9
    I weigh 208 YIKES YIKES YIKES
    I think 122.9 would be by freaking out, ecstatic, AWESOME weight. LOL LOL

Maybe some day. LOL But I am working towards 150 at the moment. LOL :P
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It says 139. While that's healthy, it's not my happy weight. I'm happy at 130.
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My "happy weight" is only 3 lbs. less than my goal weight. Good to know. :)