If you could tell one thing to newbies on MFP....

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Why would you need to limit your time with Cardio? I'm assuming you mean do less cardio.
    You're eventually going to have to break up with or severely limit your time with Cardio. You're eventually going to break up with or forget about the scale once you get to a certain point.. and you will actually be able to use the mirror to track weekly/monthl progress.

Make peace with that now and save yourself a 12 month plateau later.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Why would you need to limit your time with Cardio? I'm assuming you mean do less cardio.
    You're eventually going to have to break up with or severely limit your time with Cardio. You're eventually going to break up with or forget about the scale once you get to a certain point.. and you will actually be able to use the mirror to track weekly/monthl progress.

Make peace with that now and save yourself a 12 month plateau later.

yes limit your cardio and do less cardio mean the same thing.
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you mess up, just acknowledge it and do better the next day. Don't stress. Just recognize it and move on.
  • SusanRabern
    Options
    Customize that page to fit you - this has really helped me see my progress, stay motivated, and get healthy!
  • KCharron20
    KCharron20 Posts: 105
    Options
    Have patience with yourself and your progress! Have faith in yourself! You CAN do this!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium...when I started limiting myself to 1500 mg a day, I started eat sooooo much cleaner...which led to greater and more consistent losses!
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LOG LOG LOG..... I dont care if you at over by 1000 calories...just because you didnt log it doesnt mean you didnt eat it. Your only cheating yourself in the end :)
  • SusanRabern
    Options
    I have had weigh in's like yours, don't let it get you down - stick with the plan by remembering how much better you feel right now. Next week you will probably be surprised by the drop!
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I'd tell them not to grow to be one of those forum know-it-all a-holes. Because that's what this place is amounting to.

This....
    :laugh:

and WELCOME! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE, THINK POSITIVE AND DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Actually READ the "for newbies" posts that are "sticky" at the top of the general weight loss questions section. I see threads with the same questions over and over and over and over....

Spend a little time learning about the process, and make some choices about how MFP will support you to meet your goals.

You cannot starve yourself skinny, not in any effective long lasting way, and trying can seriously damage your body. Reading about how others have used this site effectively, and why it's important to understand what your body needs and what "net calories" are is the beginning to being truly healthy, successful, and constructive in your goals.