When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I had a creepy guy whistle the other day as I was walking. Mind you, I was pushing my son in his stroller and my daughter was riding her bike with us. That ***t is the most ridiculous esp when you have your kids with you

I had a big dude walk past me and do the glance over with a "how YOU doin'?" when I was 8 months pregnant with my fourth. I ignored him but thought to myself, "Really? REALLY?" Unless it's my husband, I think it's super weird for a man to find me attractive when I'm pregnant.

I got flirted with by some random when I was super pregnant too! I thought it was reaaaaallllllyyyy weird, he said "you're beautiful" and winked at me...I politely said "thank you" and keeeeeept walkin. Apparently some dudes are into that...alllll kinds of people in this world lol

Yeah. There was one other guy - who I actually know really well - who made a couple of different comments to me during my last pregnancy about "appreciating my profile view" or something like that. I was like oooookkaaaayyy.. lol To each their own, I guess.

Wow, I'd def be a little weirded out, but hey, different strokes for different folks! It creeped me out to get flirted with when I was pregnant even more because I was 21 and looked like a teenager...and the guy was probably in his mid 30s....yeah...creepy...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I never got hit on when I was visibly pregnant. Thank goodness! But, yeah, it's a fetish thing for some men.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that it's become 'them and us' on this subject. Those who like it -v- those who don't. I'd never think that somebody who likes being honked at/cat-called/shout at is sick in the head, that's ridiculous, but at the same time I don't understand what's flattering about it. It seems to me, from what I've seen, that these men shout at anybody that moves - because they can. I don't know what their motives are but I hate it, I really do.

So, for clarification, I'm not calling any woman desperate/attention-seeking/self-esteem lacking, not at all, but I'm callng the men who do this CREEPS. I think they get a lot out of unnerving a woman and that's sick.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I remember that when I am in my 80's and 90's, I might miss this. I smile and if the person was polite, nod in their direction.

When I was at one of my heaviest weights, a fellow stopped me one day, very politely, and said, "Ma'am, I just have to tell you, you are one of the sexiest women I have ever seen." I thanked him and told him that he made my day. I was very overweight, but still took time to make myself put together. But the biggest part of it was that I was in a good mood already when he said that. I was smiling, I looked approachable and I was comfortable with myself. Confidence really is attractive. Did I know this myself, sure...was it nice to have it validated by another human...of course!

No matter your size, you will never be this young again...whether you are 20 or 30 or 70...you will never be this young again, embrace it, enjoy it, have fun with it!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I never got hit on when I was visibly pregnant. Thank goodness! But, yeah, it's a fetish thing for some men.

Ick. lol
  • rml_16
    Options
    I think it's sad that it's become 'them and us' on this subject. Those who like it -v- those who don't. I'd never think that somebody who likes being honked at/cat-called/shout at is sick in the head, that's ridiculous, but at the same time I don't understand what's flattering about it. It seems to me, from what I've seen, that these men shout at anybody that moves - because they can. I don't know what their motives are but I hate it, I really do.

So, for clarification, I'm not calling any woman desperate/attention-seeking/self-esteem lacking, not at all, but I'm callng the men who do this CREEPS. I think they get a lot out of unnerving a woman and that's sick.

That is fair. I think they're creeps, too. It's not like I ever went on a date with a guy who did that. It's just nice sometimes to be noticed even if it's in a slightly creepy way. I don't know.

But if you don't like it, then you don't. It's become "us vs. them" because some people felt the need to say very nasty things about the people who don't feel the same way. I'm not angry that people don't like it.
  • traceyjayne64
    traceyjayne64 Posts: 262
    Options
    depends what they say...a wolf whistle or hello gorgeous would make my day :smile:
    but anything stupid or trashy and id just think they were immature idiots.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I actually liked it. I have stopped traffic once. Guys were saying how pretty i am and where i was going. I gotta admit it is very flattering! Also, it was when I was much much bigger. LOL!

High five, I made a guy fall down the subway stairs the other day! He got up like a boss and laughed it off
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Semi honk=scare the F out of me almost wrecked me 2 times. SMH. I also like when they ride beside you for miles holding their phone number on a piece of paper up to the window...Does this happen to anyone else? LOL
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    They're never hot so it doesn't matter LOL!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Well, since I'm a guy I would immediately start looking for the bus that's about to run me over.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i think its one of those things where girls say they dont like it, but if they walked past a construction site and nothing happened (or didnt get honked at) .. they'd be upset. lol. i just think, really, guys? what do you think i'm gonna do? hop in the car and sleep with you because you honked at me and yelled out something gross?
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I get honked at alllll the time when I'm driving. and 9/10 it is truckers trying to get my attention because they can see down into my car.

Honestly, I find it annoying because they are just plain nasty most of the time.

That being said, one guy came up to me in the grocery store once and told me that he saw me from across the way and had to come over and tell me that I am SO beautiful. No asking out, no number exchange. A simple compliment that made my week....
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    flattering at first, but then it just plain gets old... if you want my attention, then come to me like a man. not a hormone driven little boy...
  • heartsoulshannon
    heartsoulshannon Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Whistles = flattering :) Yelling obscenities = obnoxious as heck. I ignore both, but of course it feels good to know people find you attractive.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I get honked at alllll the time when I'm driving. and 9/10 it is truckers trying to get my attention because they can see down into my car.

Honestly, I find it annoying because they are just plain nasty most of the time.

Sadly there are some pretty immature people in my chosen profession and some who don't take personal hygiene seriously. Thankfully they are in the minority, but sadly they are the ones people usually remember.
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like feeling hot. but i hate that every fuxking guy on the goddamn planet has to rape me with thier greasy eyeballs.

lately, with a bit of weight loss & summer showing up (and clothes getting smaller) it's been relentless.

I had a friend who said "does it bother you that guys stare"
    I told him.. it didn't use to, but now it does. no one wants to be my friend, everyone just wants to fuxk me.
    same day he said "do you worry about the whiplash you cause drivers?"

i would probably miss it a bit if it stopped. but it's not anything to write home about...

yeah, you honk that horn and yell obnoxiously baby! man you know how to treat the ladies! better scoop you up before it's too late..
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager I loved it. Now when it happens, I ignore it and it annoys me.
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    i personally find it OBNOXIOUS and i just ignore and keep running.
  • rml_16
    Options

That being said, one guy came up to me in the grocery store once and told me that he saw me from across the way and had to come over and tell me that I am SO beautiful. No asking out, no number exchange. A simple compliment that made my week....

A couple years ago, I was in the grocery store and I turned around and this guy had come out of nowhere and was standing right behind me. He told me I have a "very pretty shape." A little creepy, but still awesome.