When guys yell out the car and honk the horn at you..

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• siobhano_
    siobhano_ Posts: 101
    Options
    I find it flattering but creepy. I'd prefer a compliment rather than being screamed at "Get your tits out for the boys" but hey..
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Back a long time ago I yelled at a group of girls and they started yelling for me to pull the car over (mind you it was Spring Break in Daytona Beach)...I immediately kept driving...don't want to deal with any of the college doorknob type girls haha.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Loved it when I was younger, and would be flattered if it happened today...
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Lol,
    am past the days where I honk at girls,
    some honked at me on my mountain bike and I felt so cheap and used,,,,
    not,,
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Funny story. Day I was married, this happened to me.

"Hey girl!" some loud obnoxious guy yelled out of his vehicle.

Without skipping a beat, my response was a shrill, high-pitched: "I'M MARRIED."

PRICELESS MEMORY! I was never happier to scold some stupid punk.

And I did not feel flattered. I think it really is hard to yell something respectable at a woman (married or not) out of a car window.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise it. I don't find it at all flattering, I think it's obnoxious and I hate the idea that just because I'm walking down the street, I'm open to be yelled at :/

This. I'm not a piece of meat and just because I'm a woman (funny how it never happens when I'm with a man, only alone or with other women), doesn't make me fair game.

Not to mention, men have been tooting their horns and yelling sexual obscenities at me (sidenote, it's never anything nice - when was the last time someone screamed 'YOUR HAIR LOOKS NICE!' out of the window of a moving car?) since I was 12 and LOOKED 12, on a regular basis. Are you trying to tell me it's complimentary to make sexual remarks about a child?

To each their own and all that jazz, but personally it really bothers and upsets me.
  • GlitterMonstar
    GlitterMonstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Never had it happen to me but if It did happen I'd be embarrassed lol.