• m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Checking In:

SW: 156
    LW: 149
    CW: 146
    GW: 125ish

So... I lost 3 pounds since I've stared w/ you ladies! I'm stoked :D. Thanks for all the motivation, lets keep it up! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • sarahkatie28
    Options
    LOL haisangirl and jbuerer!!!! Sticky bowel syndrome...now that just sounds sooo uncomfortable!! :laugh:

You're probably right, jbuerer, however it's been 2 or 3 weeks since anything has really changed so that tells me I need to be MUCH stricter on my food (I threw out a whole plate of whole wheat cookies this morning to avoid more temptation :sad: ) and push myself harder....which kinda makes me mad because I've really been busting my bum these last two weeks working out. :grumble: ah well...just keep swimmin', eh?

ive been working out really hard too, i did an exercise challenge with the crazy canucks group last week that was pretty much to see who could do the most exercise, i am sore all over and feel like i am bloated and out of shape, but i think our bodies will thank us for it later. sometimes it takes a little bit of time to see a big improvement. keep swimmin

Sometimes you just hit a plateau. Maybe try changing your workout, like trying something you've never done, or maybe try a cleanse. You will get there! Those pesky pounds will drop! :happy:

Katiebug- I've also heard that going over your calories can shock your system and help you get over a plateau.
  • sarahkatie28
    Options
    i just bought a set of weights, 8 lbs each. do any of you ladies strength train?

I alternate between stregnth training and cardio. I love the feeling after strength training, like I can take on the world!!! :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Checking in....

CW 164.2
    Last week and start for challenge 165.4
    Start weight 239
    GW 149ish
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    i just bought a set of weights, 8 lbs each. do any of you ladies strength train?

I alternate between stregnth training and cardio. I love the feeling after strength training, like I can take on the world!!! :bigsmile:
    Strength training will mold your new body amazingly! You're not gonna buff up like a weight lifter or anything with normal strength training - I am amazed at the smooth, tone muscles I now have
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    So it is a maintaining week for me

SW 238
    LW 193.4
    CW 193.4

GW 159

But the inches are going down, so all is good!!
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

Strength training will mold your new body amazingly! You're not gonna buff up like a weight lifter or anything with normal strength training - I am amazed at the smooth, tone muscles I now have

I do Billy Blanks Bootcamp with 3 lbs weights. That's my strength training for now. I also have a 9 station homegym I could use but seldom do at this time of the year. Too nice out. So basically I've been focussing on cardio. Oh and swimming is a great cardio AND strength training exercise. Tones you up real nice :love:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options

I do Billy Blanks Bootcamp with 3 lbs weights. That's my strength training for now. I also have a 9 station homegym I could use but seldom do at this time of the year. Too nice out. So basically I've been focussing on cardio. Oh and swimming is a great cardio AND strength training exercise. Tones you up real nice :love:

I would love to start swimming, but I don't have a pool and I read some reallt scary things about public pools!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    OOOO don't tell say what denitchy lol!! I only live a few blocks from my neighborhood pool and I will NEVER start swimming again if I start thinking about that stuff lol!!! :laugh:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    LOL... Denitchy... I agree having my own pool helps BIG time.

Sorry KaitieBug... neighborhood pools are not for me.
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    lol Nickytoo SWIMMING is not for me. I hate the water, I can't swim good at all, and I feel and look like a wet rat when I swim. So I wade. I live 2 minutes from the beach but since I don't swim well, why tempt nature? :laugh: If I find out more stuff about pools than I already know, I shall be doomed the rest of the summer in my hot, non-air conditioned house to be miserable and sweaty!!! Besides, then I will NEVER take swimming lessons!! :laugh: And I really want to this spring....
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    lol Nickytoo SWIMMING is not for me. I hate the water, I can't swim good at all, and I feel and look like a wet rat when I swim. So I wade. I live 2 minutes from the beach but since I don't swim well, why tempt nature? :laugh: If I find out more stuff about pools than I already know, I shall be doomed the rest of the summer in my hot, non-air conditioned house to be miserable and sweaty!!! Besides, then I will NEVER take swimming lessons!! :laugh: And I really want to this spring....

You know that no public pool could compete with the nastiness of San Diego ocean. All that water flowing up from TJ. Mmm. Yeah there is a reason I don't go in the ocean and it's not because the water is so F***ink cold. :laugh:
  • KaitieBug
    Options

You know that no public pool could compete with the nastiness of San Diego ocean. All that water flowing up from TJ. Mmm. Yeah there is a reason I don't go in the ocean and it's not because the water is so F***ink cold. :laugh:

LMAO very true, it's sooo cold, and yeah TJ water, BLEEECCCHHH!!!....the shark attack in Solana Beach too...I don't care how little the chance is of getting attacked by a shark, I don't want to be that unlucky one in a million. And all the SEAWEED :grumble:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

LMAO very true, it's sooo cold, and yeah TJ water, BLEEECCCHHH!!!....the shark attack in Solana Beach too...I don't care how little the chance is of getting attacked by a shark, I don't want to be that unlucky one in a million. And all the SEAWEED :grumble:

LOL your BLEEECCCHHH!!!.. could be read as Bleach as I originally read it...giggles. Which it sounds like it might be needed in those waters. LOL!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

LOL your BLEEECCCHHH!!!.. could be read as Bleach as I originally read it...giggles. Which it sounds like it might be needed in those waters. LOL!!

It definately could. It's one giant toilet. :sick: :laugh:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    LOL... thanks for the good laugh.

I was just thinking, minutes before I discovered updates on the thread, how quiet it is at this time of the day on the site, or our thread specifically. Which is really a bummer for me seeing as this is the time where I get the most bored at work. The last hour before I go home. I guess everyone out East is having dinner or working out at this time because they aren't on here chatting up a storm to keep me entertained. :bigsmile:

Thanks for being here. :flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I was just thinking, minutes before I discovered updates on the thread, how quiet it is at this time of the day on the site, or our thread specifically. Which is really a bummer for me seeing as this is the time where I get the most bored at work. The last hour before I go home. I guess everyone out East is having dinner or working out at this time because they aren't on here chatting up a storm to keep me entertained. :bigsmile:

YAY! I'm the same way. I get so antsy waiting for the last hour to pass and there is never any one on to entertain me. So you deserve a flower too. :flowerforyou:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    im actually on my way out to bike for 30 minutes

i hate biking, but im using it as my transporatation

i need motivation, someone tell me to go. :frown:

i feel like right now weight loss is impossible, i was sitting in my bed holding my tummy and i thought 'no, it is impossible, people don't really lose weight, it doesn't exist'
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    im actually on my way out to bike for 30 minutes

i hate biking, but im using it as my transporatation

i need motivation, someone tell me to go. :frown:

i feel like right now weight loss is impossible, i was sitting in my bed holding my tummy and i thought 'no, it is impossible, people don't really lose weight, it doesn't exist'
    go do it!! :smile: you'll feel much better afterwards :bigsmile: and while doing it as well...and to your earlier post ...i like adding strength training ...muscle burns more cals than fat so therefore the more muscle you have the more cals you burn (resting rate as well) anddddd u'll look hot when all the chub is gone too
    p.s. i do that to my tummy as well and say the same damn thing :laugh:
  • KaitieBug
    Options

Haha I'm such a loser I post all the time because no one wants to hire vets anymore so I'm a bored little housewifey with nothing to do but clean, cook, work out and surf the net :laugh: Once I start school next month, though, I'll...nope, not even gonna say it. I'll be on a lot then too. :laugh: