RED HIGH HEELS GROUP(WEEK 1&1/2)

Options

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i missed out on so much and can't catch up just right now, but i will later

i did good with challenges for yesterday and today! i have also been eating well and exercising, i spent the day and night at my grandmothers and just got home.
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    So this may be a stupid question, but i was wondering if we were challeing ourselves to lose so much weight in a certin amount of time or if we are a support group for the long run?
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Hey Samantha,

Yeah we're supposed to pick a goal weight my Halloween and then support one another in reaching that goal.

BTW, I failed today's challenge BIG TIME! I've already had 2 coffees and a smoothie. Oh well.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Hey Samantha,

Yeah we're supposed to pick a goal weight my Halloween and then support one another in reaching that goal.

BTW, I failed today's challenge BIG TIME! I've already had 2 coffees and a smoothie. Oh well.

aw, i totally forgot that i had orange juice until i saw this!! damn!!!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I only had water....I'm not a big fan of anything else other than alchohal and seeing as i'm not going anywhere i should be safe :laugh: :laugh:
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I'm going WAY WAY over my calories today....I shouldn't because I did that yesterday at the ball game...but at this point I'm so exhausted from sitting in traffic for 3 hours (mind you, the drive should've been only 45 minutes) I don't even care...all I can do is savor this delicious Marie Callendar's Honey Roasted Chicken Pot Pie...all 1,060 calories of it...and enjoy how food is making my tummy stop crying and my headache slowly go away....YUMMMYYYYY....sooo tired!!!

On the bright side, doing very well on the all water today-if you don't count my slimfast shake meal replacement :wink:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I did fantastic drinking water yesterday but I completely forgot about the challenge today until I was entering my food. I had two glasses of Diet Crush soda :sad: Ah well. I only went over my calories by about 30... well I think I did. I went to a local restaurant for lunch and had to guess-timate calories based on what was already in the database. Here's hoping it was right. :laugh:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Ooops, I thought Saturday's challenge was not eating after 7. Oh well, I did only drink water all day, until dinner, when I always have a 2 cup glass of skim milk. I don't count that as blowing the challenge though, because milk does a body good!

I made banana bread muffins (in a muffin pan you know how much is a serving, as opposed to slicing off of a loaf) last night. I found a recipe off the internet, and then changed half the ingredients anyways, lol. They are 140 calories a muffin, although that could be lowered by using just the splenda granules instead of the splenda brown sugar. The fat is less than 1 gram per muffin (wowza). I didn't bother figuring up the rest of the nutrients (I'm lazy that way)

4 large overripe bananas, mashed
    1/3 cup Fage 2% yogurt
    1/3 cup splenda no cal sweetner
    1/3 cup splenda brown sugar (lightly packed)
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    2 cups 50/50 flour

No need for a mixer, I just used the fork I mashed the bananas with. In a bowl, stir in the yogurt with the mashed bananas. Mix in the 2 splendas, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture, and stir in. Add the flour last, mix in. Your batter should be lumpy, the lumps will work themselves out when it bakes. I use an ice cream scoop to measure out the batter into greased muffin cups, but you could also bake in a bread pan. Bake at 325 for about 30 minutes for muffins, an hour for a bread pan. This batter made 16 muffins. Extra touches, for the kids, I added some chocolate chips to each muffin, probably about a dozen to each. For DH and I I added about 1/2 TBSP chopped walnuts to each one. The walnuts are included in the calorie count. I also read where other people had added some coffee or a shot of Kahlua or rum to their mix and said that was good. I'm not quite that brave.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Ahhhh I'm going WAY WAY over my calories today....I shouldn't because I did that yesterday at the ball game...but at this point I'm so exhausted from sitting in traffic for 3 hours (mind you, the drive should've been only 45 minutes) I don't even care...all I can do is savor this delicious Marie Callendar's Honey Roasted Chicken Pot Pie...all 1,060 calories of it...and enjoy how food is making my tummy stop crying and my headache slowly go away....YUMMMYYYYY....sooo tired!!!

On the bright side, doing very well on the all water today-if you don't count my slimfast shake meal replacement :wink:

i wouldn't worry about it, it is just the habit of eating that that would be bad

i hope it was yummy!

i did so good on my cals this weekend thus far, i am so proud of myself! i am gonna go for a hike tonight with my family and my boyfriend which should be nice, but i have a feeling it will only be like an hour depending on what trail they choose. i hope there are caves there!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Since I failed yesterday's challenge, I am going to try to drink only water today as well as stop eating at 7p. We'll see how it goes!
  • KaitieBug
    Options

i wouldn't worry about it, it is just the habit of eating that that would be bad

i hope it was yummy!

i did so good on my cals this weekend thus far, i am so proud of myself! i am gonna go for a hike tonight with my family and my boyfriend which should be nice, but i have a feeling it will only be like an hour depending on what trail they choose. i hope there are caves there!

Amazing how when you pay the bill the internet magically starts working properly again :wink: It's been down since last night...

This is true, Loathesome, and man, was that pot pie YUMMMMYYYYY!!! Have fun on your hike!!
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Hey there everyone.

Just to let you all know that I live in an area that is very close to a major forest fire and we've been without power 24 of the last 36 hours. It's back now but who knows for how long. People are positive we're good to go. So, I'm taking their word for it. :wink: If I'm not around as much over the next few days... this would be the reason.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Do we have challenge for today?
  • foxyforce
    Options

lets just decide on a challenge today until the rest of the weeks are posted.

i suggest doing intervals between three of your favorite cardio/strength training activities for 15 minutes.

me, i would do skipping for 2 minutes, lunges for 2 minutes, jumping jacks for 2 minutes....until i am done!

whatchya think?
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options

i suggest doing intervals between three of your favorite cardio/strength training activities for 15 minutes.

me, i would do skipping for 2 minutes, lunges for 2 minutes, jumping jacks for 2 minutes....until i am done!

whatchya think?

I'm good with that...I was planning on running/jogging tonight, so inbetween "runs" (while trying to catch my breath...lol) I will add some lunges, and maybe some squats also....
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    dang drinking nights always turn out bad lol
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    dang drinking nights always turn out bad lol

LMAO! I know what you mean!! lol
  • KaitieBug
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I knew I probably wouldn't be able to do yesterday's challenge...:ohwell: I got dizzy hungry running errands so I bought a pack of beef jerky. Much better than the french fries I was smelling and wanting lol!! :laugh: But when I got home I had a snicker's ice cream bar, so I guess I ruined that :laugh:

I like the idea of intervals today. Good plan! I don't know if I'll be making it in to the gym today (my mother in law's flight gets in in a few hours, gotta go pick her up and do last minute cleaning!) but I'm certainly gonna try!
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Hey ladies!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I knew I probably wouldn't be able to do yesterday's challenge...:ohwell: I got dizzy hungry running errands so I bought a pack of beef jerky. Much better than the french fries I was smelling and wanting lol!! :laugh: But when I got home I had a snicker's ice cream bar, so I guess I ruined that :laugh:

I like the idea of intervals today. Good plan! I don't know if I'll be making it in to the gym today (my mother in law's flight gets in in a few hours, gotta go pick her up and do last minute cleaning!) but I'm certainly gonna try!

i personally like the mr.big ice cream bars, they need to stay away! i feel like i'm in self-defense mode. 'STOP MR. BIG, KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF MR.BIG' baha!
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

whatchya think?

I go to the gym and I think people would get pissed if I kept moving from the elliptical to the treadmill to the bike so I'll do 10 minutes of intensity intervals on each instead. That ok with you? PLEEEAASEE??:flowerforyou: :laugh: