TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used the scooby website that the group recommend and it is pretty easy to use

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump for motivation!
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What is the reason for the -15%?
    Sorry, I think I have read other threads ( I could be wrong here) that say you should eat your TDEE.
    Fitness Frog is not opening for me but when I used the calculators on Fat2Fit, I got 1352 as my BMR. Moderately active, my calories are 2077. So I should be eating about 1700?

TDEE is what you burn doing your daily activities including exercise to maintain your current weight.
    If you eat TDEE then you will maintain your weight. So if you eat 15% less then you will be eating less than you should lose.
    You still have to eat less to lose weight but what we are trying to tell people is that you eat less but not as low as what we have all been thinking previously ... and still lose weight

So you need to eat 2077 -15% everyday ... and on days that you work out more than what you have stated then you just make sure you at least net your BMR

oh ok. Mine was calculated using the Fat 2 Fit tool that gives you a calorie chart based on your goal weight. So the 2077 should be the TDEE for my goal weight, not current weight. so I should just eat 2077 then right?
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump, i really wanna try this. Goin do it
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I plugged my stats into this calculator. I got 2203 to maintain my current weight and 1872 to lose weight
  • arnolv98
    arnolv98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I plugged my stats into this calculator. I got 2203 to maintain my current weight and 1872 to lose weight

In step 6 do a 15% cut and to lose weight does it give you 1872 ? if so eat this everyday do not eat back exercise cals unless it brings you below your bmr then eat to above your bmr :))
  • Allic1971
    Options
    For those who tried this method..did your weight loss slowed at first or did you keep losing.. I just started MFP and would like to start on the right track..

I lost weight the wrong way, eating exercising and only netting between 600-1000 cals a day so VERY VERY WRONG.

I did some reading, then the group eat more to lose weight was formed, What I had read in 5 books was the same as what they promote..

I upped my cals, as I had stalled, but not by too much, I upped again and gained 2.75 pounds from the 8th may but have lost .75 today, so I am hoping the scale is moving in the right direction now.

I have also included heavy lifting too x3 per week. I bought a bodymedia fit and this also proved I was eating way too little.

good luck
    Alli
  • kp1205
    kp1205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Bump
  • fruitful9
    fruitful9 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump
  • 0622cameron
    0622cameron Posts: 49
    Options
    bump
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this... I have found on some days that it is hard to eat my allotted calories... I am preferring to drink more than eat(may be due to heat and humidity). However I went from loosing 15 rapidly to a complete stall. I have even put on 2.5 pounds. I am under my goals for the day just about everyday and I am power walking the neighborhood or hitting the gym about 5 days a week.

This is all so frustrating and confusing. The more I try the less that comes off, and to see it creep back on when you are eating around 1300-1500 is disheartening.

I have made the decision to be healthier for life and am determined to do just that. It would be nice to figure this all out and make positive changes for my health and appearance.

Is anyone else having a hard time with fitnessfrog not opening?
  • cali8_love
    cali8_love Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I been in a platea for about 2 months now :(
    I was eating less then 1,200 a day and working out almost everyday day for 2 hours and nothing is working I'm in my 4 day of eating more 1,440 and I hope it works (=
    But I'm not sure if I should eat more I have to check to see what it comes to !!
  • sindnee
    sindnee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will try this.

I'm not a heavy eater. In fact I have a hard time reaching 1,200 cals a day. There goes my problem because my BMR is around 1,400 and my TDEE is 2,026. But I'll see what I can add to my meals to exceed my BMR.
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • Allic1971
    Options

I'm not a heavy eater. In fact I have a hard time reaching 1,200 cals a day. There goes my problem because my BMR is around 1,400 and my TDEE is 2,026. But I'll see what I can add to my meals to exceed my BMR.

The minimum you should be eating is 1620 - 1722 every day and do not eat your exercise cals back unless you go under 1400 with exercise to keep your macros true then just add exercise as 1 caloris but make a note of the amount in the notes sections.

The reason you do not feel hungry eating at 1200 is because you have compromised your metabolism, it has got used to eating at that number, increase cals with good fats, like olive oil, almonds and peanut butter- homemade if you can be bothered?

Allow 3-4 weeks watch for the increase don't panic and hold on for the ride LOL

Good Luck
    Alli
  • sindnee
    sindnee Posts: 7 Member
    Options

The minimum you should be eating is 1620 - 1722 every day and do not eat your exercise cals back unless you go under 1400 with exercise to keep your macros true then just add exercise as 1 caloris but make a note of the amount in the notes sections.

The reason you do not feel hungry eating at 1200 is because you have compromised your metabolism, it has got used to eating at that number, increase cals with good fats, like olive oil, almonds and peanut butter- homemade if you can be bothered?

Allow 3-4 weeks watch for the increase don't panic and hold on for the ride LOL

Good Luck
    Alli

Thank you so much! I looked up foods that are source of good fats on google and I can definitely munch on some of those. I'll stop by some store and stock up on pumpkin seeds and nuts. XD

Is it okay if I increase my calorie intake little by little? I'm not sure if its good or bad to surprise my body by suddenly upping my cal by 400-600.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What is the reason for the -15%?
    Sorry, I think I have read other threads ( I could be wrong here) that say you should eat your TDEE.
    Fitness Frog is not opening for me but when I used the calculators on Fat2Fit, I got 1352 as my BMR. Moderately active, my calories are 2077. So I should be eating about 1700?

TDEE is what you burn doing your daily activities including exercise to maintain your current weight.
    If you eat TDEE then you will maintain your weight. So if you eat 15% less then you will be eating less than you should lose.
    You still have to eat less to lose weight but what we are trying to tell people is that you eat less but not as low as what we have all been thinking previously ... and still lose weight

So you need to eat 2077 -15% everyday ... and on days that you work out more than what you have stated then you just make sure you at least net your BMR

oh ok. Mine was calculated using the Fat 2 Fit tool that gives you a calorie chart based on your goal weight. So the 2077 should be the TDEE for my goal weight, not current weight. so I should just eat 2077 then right?

I haven't seen your numbers personally but if you go with the scooby calculator then scroll down it says your bmr, TDEE and then your daily calorie intake. You eat your daily calorie intake everyday as this is your 'cut value' (what ever you set in step 6)

That help?