TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ok..so let me see if I read this right..I recalculated my BMR=1412....TDEE=2189..so I think I understand..do I take 15% from the TDEE and that would be what I should be eating in calories daily???...I am new to all this and its a little bit confusing..thanks for any help!

Yip thats it ... eat your tdee -15% (also called cut value) everyday ... if you have a really high workout day and your netting below your bmr ... eat some calories back so you are at least eating your BMR. Just check on home page at top to make sure your netting at least your BMR value.

Your TDEE works in your execise calories into it already so you just eat same cut value everyday and it balances out over the week. As long as worked out right you will be fine.

If you have been low call-ing it for a while you may need to reset your metabolism and then go down to your cut value before start losing. Basically you may not see anything fo a little bit ... took me 3 weeks ... has taken others longer ... but once there you will be away.

Check out the group for more info if you needs more answers. Good reads and always someone there to answer you questions too :)
  • Theresafinallygetsitright
    Options
    bump
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I havent plateaud yet and i am scared to death of reaching that point. I have a feeling I will really need this group because every fiber of my being tells me that more food equals weight gain. I am so diligent about staying under my calorie goal and terrified that if I stop losing I will give up. I've lost 82 pounds and have 63 more to go and I've lost every week. I dont think my mental being is going to be able to comprehend the upping of calories but hopefully if I reach that point, I can find some people like you that it has really worked for.
  • adelineclarke
    Options
    Calories in calories out, I am the same way i
  • keish84
    keish84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!

2120 EVERYDAY it is. So my net calories should also be the same 2120?
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump thanks
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump , Thank YOU :happy:
  • dianacrum
    dianacrum Posts: 67
    Options
    bump...and here goes nothing!
  • Rocchellita
    Rocchellita Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great info!! Thanks :)
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    I havent plateaud yet and i am scared to death of reaching that point. I have a feeling I will really need this group because every fiber of my being tells me that more food equals weight gain. I am so diligent about staying under my calorie goal and terrified that if I stop losing I will give up. I've lost 82 pounds and have 63 more to go and I've lost every week. I dont think my mental being is going to be able to comprehend the upping of calories but hopefully if I reach that point, I can find some people like you that it has really worked for.

I was the same and was losing but i decided to do this anyway. I was starting to get hungrier and my husband said that i was pretty grabby a lot. So i changed over. I think that our whole lives we have been told to eat 1200 cals and we will lose but we don't have to be taht low to lose. Our TDEE which is our maintenance numbers for maintaining our current weight. We have to be under that to lose. but 1200 for me is way way way under ... i have to be under but not that low. I now eat 1950cal. i was scared too as was much more than what i was eating. There is a lot of faith involved ... trust me! The mental side was my hardest to get over too. but you need to want to do it and hang in there as can take a few weeks to start seeing anything so not for everyone. :)

We will be here if you need us hehehe
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!

2120 EVERYDAY it is. So my net calories should also be the same 2120?

eat total calories of 2120 each day but if you burn more calories than usual that day try to at least net your bmr
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm in "the eat more to weigh less!"

I upped mine put on 2.75 pounds but have rounded the corner and lost .75 today YAYYYYYY

I now eat around 2000 cals a day, and about 200 cals over my BMR.

I have also bought a bodymedia fit and was amazed to see that I can burn 2072 sat on my bum all day to 2872 when I work out, netting 1200 cals was not the way to go... my body was starving...

I also used this site to check my bmr/tdee
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

It reads nearly the same as my bodymedia does. 15% cut in step 6.

Good luck everyone
    Alli
    I'm in week two doing this and have a BMF. When did you start seeing the loss? I'm looking for inches!!

I upped them slowly from the 22 april took a diet break, then upped again on the 8th may, I have started to lift heavy too, and now net more than 300 more cals than I used to do, I make sure that my NET is above my BMR by 150-200 cals every day :)

Good luck
    Alli
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    QUOTE :

If you get your TDEE of every day life calculated appropriately, you can approach it in two ways...

Eat to TDEE-(calories needed for week's weightloss goal) and then eat any exercise calories.

-or-

Eat to TDEE total, and shoot for a work out that equates to the weightloss calories you want, and don't eat the exercise calories.

Personally, I wear a BodyMedia Fit Link all day, and monitor my TDEE to the minute, and eat to keep myself at a 1k deficit all day long, which has worked very well for me. If you are really concerned about TDEE, I would recommend investing in this device or having your metabolism measured professionally for a better than average algorithm rate. Those sites tell me that my TDEE is 300+ calories more than what the monitor I wear shows.

However, I would never ever recommend someone abide by 1200 calories a day, which you'll see why if you read my blog posts on starvation and refeeding syndrome.

REPLY .......REPLY........TOO MRS.QUASITA

I am really concerned about my tdee but not enough to invest in a BodyMedia Fit at this moment. I'm not going to stress because the numbers may not be perfect compared to your BodyMedia fit . Im glad your not recommending 1200 calories a day to anyone and neither will I. Im not interested in your blog post on starvation because as I stated in my post I was starving at 1200 calories. The experience alone was enough for ME... The Mfp site recommended 1200 calories. Most people are desperately tired of being over weight and they adhere to the number of suggested calories given by the site. KEEP BLOGGING. but I only read subjects of interest to me...Oh and for the record ...Thanks for letting us know theres a PROFESSIONAL tdee that can be aquired. But for those who want an idea right now www.fitnessfrog will suffice...
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    WOW...... Several ppl on here have told me the exact same thing but then when i mention it to ppl I know that are
    steadily losing and not eating alot tell me "Thats way to many calories to consume, thats why your not losing"

Nice to see this really does seem to work, I am like you, can't or couldn't wrap my head around eating 2000 + calories a
    day plus exercise calories. Do you eat back your exercise calories? Curious. Thanks for the post.
  • Schleppdog
    Schleppdog Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • skinnykimmy2013
    Options
    girl i love this ..thank you so much i need to start doing this caus eive been working my *kitten* off and i think ive plateau for a while but im fighting the fight thank you so much for this
  • ladyvalentine
    ladyvalentine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! I too have been having a really hard time getting the scale to move. I am hungry and grouchy. Can't tell if I am grouchy because I am hungry or hungry because I am grouchy!! LOL. And sticking to 1200 calories a day is so hard with an active family. I calculated my BMR and TDEE and turns out, I can eat a little more! So I will give this a try and see what happens! Thanks for the tip.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Bump for later and thank you.