TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• bradshaws
    bradshaws Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

MPF - 1200
    TDEE - 1957
    BMI - 28
    BMR - 1424
    RMR - 1408

....sooo what the heck am I supposed to be aiming for? lol. So many numbers. I usually eat between 1200 - 1400.

Most people doing the eat more, weigh less method recommend TDEE-15%. So for you, 1957 is your TDEE. 15% of that is around 293 calories. so 1957 -293 = a goal of 1664 calories.

In that case, I don't think the Eat More To Weigh Less method would work for me. I was eating about that until the last month and a half - I was gaining weight. That's why I went looking for a lifestyle change at the beginning of the month and stumbled upon this site haha.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    this worked for me initially too, but after a few months it also stopped working...plateaued for 6 months and things started moving now that i dropped my calories again

Not sure if this is the case with you but they do say to re-evaluate your numbers once you have lost a certain amount ... as your numbers will go down with your weight.
  • lisa91263
    lisa91263 Posts: 49
    Options
    bump
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    OP, how long did it take you to see weight coming off after readjusting the calories? Immediately? a few days, a few weeks? Thanks.

During the second week for me. I did a metabolism reset which is maitenance for almost 2 weeks and immedaitely (like 2 days later) when I took the 15% off my tdee I lost 3 lbs.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!
  • Raelyns_Mommy
    Raelyns_Mommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! I am going to give it a try! Does this caloric total take anything into account like fat grams, sugar, or sodium or should I just be concerned with total calories?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    OP, how long did it take you to see weight coming off after readjusting the calories? Immediately? a few days, a few weeks? Thanks.

During the second week for me. I did a metabolism reset which is maitenance for almost 2 weeks and immedaitely (like 2 days later) when I took the 15% off my tdee I lost 3 lbs.

Thank you. When yous said "reset", did I understand correctly that you were eating to your maintenance level? still exercising? Did you eat back what your "earned"?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Happy increaser here! Upped last week to TDEE -15% and lost 1.5 lbs; today I upped to maintence bc I'm at a good place. I just completed my run and feel so energized and I know it has to do with feeding myself more. Love it. Glad I finally caved and tried it.
  • Seefooddieter
    Options
    What do you mean by metabolism reset? Thanks for all this info - who knew losing weight was so technical!?!
    (What's Bump mean???)
    Thanks...
    (new person)
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump:)
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

MPF - 1200
    TDEE - 1957
    BMI - 28
    BMR - 1424
    RMR - 1408

....sooo what the heck am I supposed to be aiming for? lol. So many numbers. I usually eat between 1200 - 1400.

eat TDEE -15% everyday and on work out days try to at least net your bmr/rmr. find this on the home page at the top.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing! Youre doing great!
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I have been debating about trying this method. I don't want to live off of 1200 calories a day for the rest of my life! It's not a happy place for me, so I would just gain the weight back. Eating closer to 2000 calories a day, you don't have to feel like you're on a diet. My question is, what are your workouts like? I did some of the calculations the other day and got my BMR and TDEE. But then they were telling me to not do as much cardio... I'm just trying to figure out what kind of routine is going to work for me so I can keep losing, and not go crazy trying!

If your a cardio person...Then do it...you should cut back on cardio if your lifting heavy weights. Yes .... 1200 calories is not sustainable for life. Thats why so many people gain the weight back. Just a reminder: anything you try it can be tweaked to fit whats best for you...Alot of the the time its not our routine its just that your body is not fueled with enough food to sustain large calorie burns.
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    :happy:
  • jheffe
    jheffe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ok..so let me see if I read this right..I recalculated my BMR=1412....TDEE=2189..so I think I understand..do I take 15% from the TDEE and that would be what I should be eating in calories daily???...I am new to all this and its a little bit confusing..thanks for any help!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    YAY! Love this kind of post!
  • snc1212
    snc1212 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump
  • Twoboysmom2
    Twoboysmom2 Posts: 11
    Options
    worth a try
  • SlimmerSteph
    SlimmerSteph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Marking this for later...sounds interesting...
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    ME TOO lol ...I like your mfp Name... Healthy-4-Life ....