TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a regulated thyroid condition and anyone with hypothyroidism usually tries the low-calorie route and a lot of people have tried the little calories, to feeling like starving only to stall or gain weight. People with this condition (and some other people) need to eat regularly to fuel that metabolism and get it churning, think of it as coal in the fire to make the engine run!

If I eat 1300 or less, I stall, I try to stay at around 1700 per day for my size/height/thyroid stuff. I work out as well so it's needed. I do well at that.

In the past I used to do the big 80's and 90's thing which was NO FAT, FAT-FREE EVERYTHING...I GAINED AND GAINED AND GAINED....good fats, omega oils, etc do not make you fat, they make you well and help you lose weight. I wish I had known! I did so much damage to myself back then listening to articles/radio/tv/doctors about that fat free crap! lol

Now I eat extra virgin organic coonut oil, extra virgin cold pressed olive oil, almonds and nut butters and I LOSE LOSE LOSE......I am a winner yet I LOSE....
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    bump
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    bump fah la-tah
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting. I am on week 1 of MFP and do you guys think I should start the plan following this approch?? Sounds more feasible:)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    bump
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Seefooddieter
    Options
    ok..so let me see if I read this right..I recalculated my BMR=1412....TDEE=2189..so I think I understand..do I take 15% from the TDEE and that would be what I should be eating in calories daily???...I am new to all this and its a little bit confusing..thanks for any help!

It does sound like it... I am listening to the YouTube link provided a few pages back... great info! I am new here too and getting lost in this thread.
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    joining the bump crew!
  • drgooch
    drgooch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I love the way you stated everything!

~Have a blessed day!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping this and thank you so much for the info:)