TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Im eating 1600 right now, seems to be working well. If I stop losing I will definitely keep this in mind.
    I knew I would never be able to start at 1200 (what mfp calculated for me)
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bumpin
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Way to go. It takes a while to "get it" but once you do the rest is easy. Congratulations!!!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. Wish I would have known this information last June when I first started MFP :))

This has been working for me like a charm. It was hard at first but its working for me wonderfully. Am losing weight and inches. I wish I started eating like this when I first joined MFP.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that website, the calorie calculator is really cool! Never seen one like that before. It's fun to just keep plugging different numbers in to see what you do on different days!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    So I took my TDEE of 1510 and subtraced 15% and came up with 2133.5.

If I understand correctly - that should be my total calorie goal for the day - exercise calories mean nothing to this calculation.

Again - paying attention to my total and just ignoring the net part?
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I do ripped in 30 and callanetics right now. i would love to start heavy lifting but have to wait a bit since i dont have a bunch of money to blow on a gym right now :-)
  • 2BeHealthy4Life
    Options
    I started off at 1200 and recently bumped to 1350 but have had some difficultly netting above 1200.

My BMR according to Fitness Frog (and other sites) is 1619. Does that mean I should be aiming to net at 1619 or that I want my total to be about 1619 and eat or don't eat back my exercise calories depending on how close I am to my TOTAL.

YES you should always should be netting 1619 because your bmr is the calories required simply if you were just resting. Sometimes netting too low can cause you to plateau are cause your boddy to hold on to the weight because its not getting enough fuel.

EXAMPLE : You can not efficiently run an suv on the same amount of gas it would take for a toyota corola...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Do as much cardio as you like, just make sure you do strength training also... I am a runner, so I run a lot, and I do heavy (for me:bigsmile: ! ) lifting three times a week.... if you eat 15% below your TDEE, don't eat back your exercise calories unless your net drops under your BMR - then eat more, at least to your NET BMR....
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story! I hope other people will realize that eating more is really where it's at! :) I'm a 2000-2500 cal/day gal myself. Love it! It seems that we have a mutual friend who has helped us both out a lot.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Bump & THANKS!:flowerforyou:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    If you get your TDEE of every day life calculated appropriately, you can approach it in two ways...

Eat to TDEE-(calories needed for week's weightloss goal) and then eat any exercise calories.

-or-

Eat to TDEE total, and shoot for a work out that equates to the weightloss calories you want, and don't eat the exercise calories.

Personally, I wear a BodyMedia Fit Link all day, and monitor my TDEE to the minute, and eat to keep myself at a 1k deficit all day long, which has worked very well for me. If you are really concerned about TDEE, I would recommend investing in this device or having your metabolism measured professionally for a better than average algorithm rate. Those sites tell me that my TDEE is 300+ calories more than what the monitor I wear shows.

However, I would never ever recommend someone abide by 1200 calories a day, which you'll see why if you read my blog posts on starvation and refeeding syndrome.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    gotta give this a bump!
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    this worked for me initially too, but after a few months it also stopped working...plateaued for 6 months and things started moving now that i dropped my calories again
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Bump