TIRED..PLATEAUD...SCALE NOT MOVING !!!FOUND MY ANSWER !!!!

Options

Replies

• ladyvalentine
    ladyvalentine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! I too have been having a really hard time getting the scale to move. I am hungry and grouchy. Can't tell if I am grouchy because I am hungry or hungry because I am grouchy!! LOL. And sticking to 1200 calories a day is so hard with an active family. I calculated my BMR and TDEE and turns out, I can eat a little more! So I will give this a try and see what happens! Thanks for the tip.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    bump
  • birdsmom1
    birdsmom1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Krissy_b777
    Krissy_b777 Posts: 87
    Options
    Bump
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    Eat people. It works.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,016 Member
    Options
    Well, don't eat people.

Eat, people.
  • Allic1971
    Allic1971 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just remember you need to give it 2-4 weeks of upping cals, so your body gets used to having food again, you may gain, but when your metabolism starts to work again, you will start to lose again!

Join the group "Eat more to lose weight" some great video blogs on youtube, and great support!

Don't give in after a week, you need to get your head around eating more too!

Good luck
    Alli
  • cthomps
    cthomps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump - will be back tomorrow to finish reading cuz I am having the same darn problem
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love this group and am so glad I found it. Feeling happier and healthier because of it. Thanks a New Lucia and Kiki for taking the time to explain your findings to us. It`s the same good advice we would have had if dieting hadn`t become an industry.

No money necessary. No killing yourself. Just plain ol good health!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump for tomorrow. friends b-day and we're painting now but had to log lunch and dinner lol!
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this! I was just debating on if I should up my calories or not because I haven't been losing either. Love love love it! Gonna start asap!
  • toothfairy79
    toothfairy79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For those who tried this method..did your weight loss slowed at first or did you keep losing.. I just started MFP and would like to start on the right track..
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What is the reason for the -15%?
    Sorry, I think I have read other threads ( I could be wrong here) that say you should eat your TDEE.
    Fitness Frog is not opening for me but when I used the calculators on Fat2Fit, I got 1352 as my BMR. Moderately active, my calories are 2077. So I should be eating about 1700?
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ashjdavis88
    ashjdavis88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also realized a few weeks ago I was netting WELL below my BMR, usually around 900-1000 calories!! My TDEE was over 2,200!!

I've upped my calories to 1,800 a day. Within 2 weeks I dropped from 168 to 164 my lowest ever. (Well, since middle school!) I am no longer grumpy, I don't have cravings for food, and sometimes I struggle to eat ENOUGH! :)

I feel amazing, and I am so happy I found that group! Congrats to you! :)
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    For those who tried this method..did your weight loss slowed at first or did you keep losing.. I just started MFP and would like to start on the right track..

I stayed the same for 3 weeks and now losing. Others have said that stalled or gained for a few weeks but another thing is that they did before and during measurements and lost inches but not on the scale. That is pretty cool as scales are only a number ... its the inches that make you feel and look better.
  • melx123
    melx123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi = ) Can i just put my calorie goal to my BMR and just add in my exercise calories when ever i do them? (if i put my activity level on sedentary)
    thanks!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What is the reason for the -15%?
    Sorry, I think I have read other threads ( I could be wrong here) that say you should eat your TDEE.
    Fitness Frog is not opening for me but when I used the calculators on Fat2Fit, I got 1352 as my BMR. Moderately active, my calories are 2077. So I should be eating about 1700?

TDEE is what you burn doing your daily activities including exercise to maintain your current weight.
    If you eat TDEE then you will maintain your weight. So if you eat 15% less then you will be eating less than you should lose.
    You still have to eat less to lose weight but what we are trying to tell people is that you eat less but not as low as what we have all been thinking previously ... and still lose weight

So you need to eat 2077 -15% everyday ... and on days that you work out more than what you have stated then you just make sure you at least net your BMR