Guys, should girls hit on you first?

Options

Replies

• awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    I don't mind hitting on a guy first.. I mind when I'm turned down or brushed off. :P

haha exactly how I feel!
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's very welcome! If a girl is interested, then why not?
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It's a nice change of pace to be asked out. Very flattering. I don't know any guys who would mind it.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    So I don't know if I'm old fashioned or whatnot, but I'm curious... Guys, would you rather a girl hit on you?..Or do you prefer to take the initiative to approach her first?

HELL YES I like it when a girl hits on me. Or at least I did, it's been a while. And don't just bat your eyelashes and smile coyly trying to entice a guy to make a move, that's just an irritating game.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I love it when a woman shows me she's interested. It's a nice change of pace.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I don't mind hitting on a guy first.. I mind when I'm turned down or brushed off. :P

haha exactly how I feel!

I'm pretty sure that works both ways. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    but be honest is this something you'd love only if she was someone you'd want to go out with in the first place? :laugh:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    but be honest is this something you'd love only if she was someone you'd want to go out with in the first place? :laugh:
    Not necessarily true. I feel flattered regardless and I wouldn't dare be a jerk about it.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

I'm happy when any woman talks to me. She doesn't have to be hot. Guys are no different than women... we both like attention.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I can see this turning into a continuation of the "should guys pay for the first date" thread, and all the princesses who need a man to dote on them will be saying that "only a real man hits on a woman" etc etc

Eh, at least it will be entertaining

Just trying to figure out where any woman was acting like a princess and asking for men to dote all over them. I'm sure most women are saying that they would hit on a guy and the guys are saying that they wouldn't mind getting hit on.

This kind of response is silly...makes women look worse than they are.

I wasnt referring to the OP but ok. Just give it a few more posts and the "traditional" ladies will start rolling in and then you will see what I mean. If you read the other thread then it would be shoved in your face but never mind.
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    And if she asks me out... she's buying dinner!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    "Hitting on" isn't necessary... just open your mouth and say something.... anything. I'll take it from there. :flowerforyou:

Seriously right?

I often wonder how many wonderful women I may have actually (and mistakenly) passed by...completely assuming they had no interest whatsoever.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've been in situations where you don't know who is who (like at a party or BBQ of a friend of a friend, and you don't know who s married to who and all that), but you're on their turf and they know, and they want to at least spark up conversation, I think they should and it's welcomed.
  • Trail_Addict
    Options
    "Hitting on" isn't necessary... just open your mouth and say something.... anything. I'll take it from there. :flowerforyou:

Seriously right?

I often wonder how many wonderful women I may have actually (and mistakenly) passed by...completely assuming they had no interest whatsoever.

Ditto. Reading minds would come in handy on a daily basis!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy.... obviously... but when hitting on someone, I always prefer to initiate it. I'm usually the biggest flirt out of my relationships though not always the sexual aggressor... that's prob 60/40.
  • kris10lv84
    kris10lv84 Posts: 51
    Options
    hmm no wonder im single...im always afraid to hit on a guy first lol..damn
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I love to make the first move, it's like a challenge! Although, I am married now so I try and behave and not flirt too much :)
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily true. I feel flattered regardless and I wouldn't dare be a jerk about it.

Good for you! I know so many men that are repulsed by women whom they are not attracted to hitting on them. I am always flattered when someone hits on me :) Except when I was 17 and a 46 year old man who worked for my school hit on me, that actually just scared me!
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    I prefer when girls hit on me.

Mostly because there's no fear of rejection on my end.

Plus, then I know they are interested.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    hmm no wonder im single...im always afraid to hit on a guy first lol..damn

Are you hitting on me?

:flowerforyou: