Guys, should girls hit on you first?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just cant stop yourself because you wanna talk to him soooo bad
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely! If you're interested in him, make the move and talk to him. I was fairly shy growing up but somehow I always found the confidence and asked every boyfriend I had out, including my husband!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES. I hate when woman wait. If you want something then go get it. Plus a woman who hits on a guy first shows so much confidence.......or shows she has had a lot to drink. Either way I approve!!

Yeah buddy!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It's nice to not always have to be the one that puts their neck on the line.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I don't mind hitting on a guy first.. I mind when I'm turned down or brushed off. :P

haha exactly how I feel!

This is true of either sex. The pain of rejection affects everyone. That is why people don't like to put themselves out there. But sometime you just got to go for it.

I didn't mind being hit on (back in the day) and would always give that person my attention for the evening, to see if we clicked or not.
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've made the first move several times. But every now and tehn I get a shy streak in me and wait for to be hit on first.
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Back in the old days I would say guys should do the asking... But now a days I would say its much harder to know what a woman is thinking or if she is interested so in my opinion, is perfectly fine for a woman to hit on a guy or at least let him know she is interested.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ya should.....leaves us one less thing to worry about......a woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it is a major turn on \m/
  • azarazar
    azarazar Posts: 72
    Options
    Nothing wrong with the girl going after what she likes. I had a very pretty girl hit on me once. I would have been to shy at the time to hit on her. Very glad she did. 34 years later, we are still married.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of guys are intimidated by pretty ladies. If you make it obvious that you're just a person like them, and there's nothing to be afraid of, then you can start talking. I like talking to people. :)

And while we're at it, I'm intimidated by cute guys from time to time. If you start chatting with me, then I feel less shy.

"Hitting on" doesn't necessarily have to be a "hey babyyyy" kinda thing. It can be just saying hello and trying to make each other laugh. Then see where things go from there. :)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of guys are intimidated by pretty ladies. If you make it obvious that you're just a person like them, and there's nothing to be afraid of, then you can start talking. I like talking to people. :)
    ^This
  • elyziumfields
    Options
    Why not - equality right?
  • Andirae48
    Andirae48 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have learned a few things here....lol I guess I am going to have to go after it now! ....I have before, but was under the impression that guys didnt like that sort of thing! Thanks =)
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options
    When it comes to women, men, are kinda stupid. So hitting on us first would be greatly appreciated ;)

do guys really not pick up on the subtle hints girls give sometimes? ....guess I'll have to be more obvious from now on haha
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually end up being the one giving my number out but it would be nice if someone asked for mine for a change.. I think in this day and age it can easily go both ways and it is not a big deal.
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    When it comes to women, men, are kinda stupid. So hitting on us first would be greatly appreciated ;)

do guys really not pick up on the subtle hints girls give sometimes? ....guess I'll have to be more obvious from now on haha

Nope...they really don't....sorry, I know we should but we don't....we can be quite dense or oblivious sometimes...being direct will be appreciated and remembered more than subtlety...we are direct thinkers normally. Some will get the subtle hints but I think most men appreciate a woman who is more direct and has the confidence to ask or make the first move too.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I personally hardly ever see them. I dated this one girl for awhile last year. She never made any attempts to get my attention. I just went up to her and asked her to dance. Didn't think too much about it. She didn't act all that interested. She called me the next day and wanted to go out. She ended really liking me. Would have never guessed it.
  • awadm
    awadm Posts: 252
    Options

I personally hardly ever see them. I dated this one girl for awhile last year. She never made any attempts to get my attention. I just went up to her and asked her to dance. Didn't think too much about it. She didn't act all that interested. She called me the next day and wanted to go out. She ended really liking me. Would have never guessed it.

Hmmm well this has been extremely helpful. I'm usually the subtle hint-giving type of girl. I guess it's time to turn the charm up a bit :flowerforyou:
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm shy, and it is so painfully awkward to feel like I'm giving hints that are waaaay past my comfort zone, only to realize that the guy just thinks I'm being "nice" or "sociable." I was raised that it's the girl's job to let a guy know she's interested, but the guy's job to make the first move. Alas, times are changing faster than I am. :blushing:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a guy doesn't know you're interested if you don't give him some kind of clue. Never complain that a guy never notices you if you've never said more than two words to him. I've had a few women who initiated things and it was flattering and awesome. I still did the asking them out, but I might not have if they hadn't approached me or offered their number. Take a chance, you never know what might happen.