Guys, should girls hit on you first?

Options

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love it, it means they've got confidence. The girl I saw most recently although I knew her hadn't spoken to me for ages, we'd passed each other loads and never stopped to talk to each other so when she saw me again at a function she made a point of making eye contact and coming straight across to chat. I love that she took the initiative and I'd actively persue a woman that did that now in preference of someone I'd had to chase.

I am literally the blindest person when it comes to these things though, I've apparently not given the time of day to a few girls I've chatted to in bars even though I thought they weren't interested, my friends told me the complete opposite from their viewpoint. I've then hit on someone and thought it's gone well and they've been like..she wanted to get the hell out of there.

Meh it's a rollercoaster!
  • michelleranee
    michelleranee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • michelleranee
    michelleranee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "Hitting on" isn't necessary... just open your mouth and say something.... anything. I'll take it from there. :flowerforyou:

Love it!
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes please!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    When it comes to women, men, are kinda stupid. So hitting on us first would be greatly appreciated ;)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    When it comes to women, men, are kinda stupid. So hitting on us first would be greatly appreciated ;)

That's what I was trying to say. Nicely done and right to the point :laugh:
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Seriously right?

I often wonder how many wonderful women I may have actually (and mistakenly) passed by...completely assuming they had no interest whatsoever.

Well hi there, tiger.. :blushing:

(<--- totally fantastic, btw)
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have never hit on a guy first. But I am thinking I may start now .... :wink:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I am a pretty shy, quiet, and slightly awkward guy so a girl would probably need to take the initiative with me (and even then I may react awkwardly).

yep me to a T. the 2 girlfriends I've had in the past came from them initating things.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, if you start hitting on guys, just realize that there is an element of rejection that happens. It's not always a yes.

But, on a side note, I've always thought that it must be really tortuous sitting around waiting for some guy to make a move, when in your head your thinking, "damn it dude, get on it.". Lol. It just seems so lame. If you want it, at least drop a hint. But, when you drop the hint, make sure it's like pretty obvious. Some guys are really really clueless about this stuff and won't pick up on your subtle cues. Sometimes you just have to do something more obvious.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Doesn't matter if they do or don't...I won't recognize the sign(s) anyway.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, if you start hitting on guys, just realize that there is an element of rejection that happens. It's not always a yes.

But, on a side note, I've always thought that it must be really tortuous sitting around waiting for some guy to make a move, when in your head your thinking, "damn it dude, get on it.". Lol. It just seems so lame. If you want it, at least drop a hint. But, when you drop the hint, make sure it's like pretty obvious. Some guys are really really clueless about this stuff and won't pick up on your subtle cues. Sometimes you just have to do something more obvious.

Hi there.. :wink:

I'm a hint-dropper. And if it seems like he's picking up on it, the hints will get more obvious. What do you consider "a hint" ?
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't mind hitting on a guy first.. I mind when I'm turned down or brushed off. :P

This ^^
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I don't mind hitting on a guy first.. I mind when I'm turned down or brushed off. :P

This is what we guys have to deal with all the time. There is always a fear of rejection. If you wonder why guys aren't hitting on you, this is it.
  • neverstray
    Options

Hi there.. :wink:

I'm a hint-dropper. And if it seems like he's picking up on it, the hints will get more obvious. What do you consider "a hint" ?

With me, you have to be obvious. If we happen to both be single at someone's house for a super bowl party and you keep asking me if I want anything, and bringing me sandwiches and beers, and asking if theres anything else I need, I would get that.

A subtle touch will always wake me up.

Showing a lot of interest in something inane I'm talking about is a pretty good clue too. Lol.

I don't knwomthough, unless it's blatant, I don't usually pick up on it. I'm just lame with that.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Currently it's the only way she'll get to meet me.
  • neverstray
    Options

This is what we guys have to deal with all the time. There is always a fear of rejection. If you wonder why guys aren't hitting on you, this is it.

This is a pretty big part of it. Be nice.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Of course women should hit on guys first.

The real question is: will they? I'm guessing most of the time they won't.

You know what that tells me? That despite some men whining that women have all the power in the dating world that is simply not true. The person who has power is the one who ultimately takes action.

That by and large tends to be a small percentage of men. I think it really is true that a minority of men tend to hold the attention of the majority of women. Then you have to ask yourself which group you want to be part of....

The fear of rejection is a lot worse than rejection itself. Once you have handle rejection well on an emotional and mental level then world is your oyster. Risk v reward.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    OMG YES YES YES YES YES YES. I hate when woman wait. If you want something then go get it. Plus a woman who hits on a guy first shows so much confidence.......or shows she has had a lot to drink. Either way I approve!!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    "Hitting on" isn't necessary... just open your mouth and say something.... anything. I'll take it from there. :flowerforyou:

LOVE this!