I will never look good in a bikini.

Options

Replies

• jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Imperfection is beautiful. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Six years of self injury and stretch marks from yo-yo weight can't stop me from putting on a bikini. :smokin:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have not had children, but I have stretchmarks, and really terrible extra skin just from being morbidly obese. I will probably never want to wear a bikini. That's just life. It still beats the heck out of being morbidly obese though.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I developed stretch marks at around 12--they appeared all over my belly and the upper part of my inner arms, like angry red tiger stripes.

When I had a tummy tuck after losing 92 lb. at age 24, many of the belly stretch marks were removed with excess skin. After that, I had two high weight gain pregnancies, but the stretch marks didn't develop again. The skin is still stretched out, even without stretch marks, and I don't think the words taut and toned will ever apply to me.

That's okay. Lots of fashions are designed to flatter your best assets and conceal your worst. Give some time to thinking about that, and I think you may rock the beach or pool in a major way.

Also, consider that many universally admired celebrities have skin imperfections. I'm thinking of Padma Lakshmi, but there are others who haven't let a little bit of imperfection stop them.
    http://www.spike.com/articles/41tl4u/the-top-10-celebrities-with-deformities
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I know you're frustrated but from what I can see from your pics you can and will look good in a bikini. There are 400 lb women right now who would punch you in the face if they read this from you.

I'm laughing so hard right now I think I produced another stretch mark!!! freakin hilarious!
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    I bet the only person thats really bothered by them is you. But, have you seen swim skirts? Ive bought one for my holidays to wear with bikini tops as im not ready to wear bikini bottoms for different reasons
  • FroodleMum
    FroodleMum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If I ever get to my goal weight and am fit enough to feel confident in a two piece I damn well hope people will be too busy noticing other things lol. Exchange self-consciousnesses for self-confidence. :) Good luck!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the stretch marks. Mine are all the way down to my calves! :noway: The good news is that the smaller I get, the less noticeable they are! So keep up the good work and you will rock that bikini!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Virgin coconut oil is magical, rub it on a few times a day and it will help renew your skin. I read a great book on it, but I'm sure you can find a ton of articles online.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Go to peopleofwalmart.com...there are about a million people out there that wear things that are wayyyyyyyy worse than wearing a bikini when you have stretch marks. Don't worry about what other people think about your stretch marks. Look at what you've gained from losing weight and getting healthy and be proud of that and show it off.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I wear my STRIPES Proud!!! I was Blessed with 2 Beautiful Babies :heart:
    There are some pretty HOT Tankinis you may want to try. I wear those and I feel just as Hot as I would if I was wearing a Bikini.
    Life is too Short to Dwell on things we can't change. It's taken me a long time to accept that as well.... IT'S ALL ABOUT SELF CONFIDENCE =)
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    With the amount of skin I will have,I will never look good in a bikini. If it were just stretch marks, I would work it to no end. I would flaunt my stretch marks everywhere on the beach or pool w/e.. but, unfortunate for me, once I reach my full goal weight of 100 lbs down, I will have too much skin hanging, and can't rock a bikini. BUT.. there are other cute options :)
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    And I'm totally bummed about it.

I'm 25ish pounds from my goal, even when I lose all of it I wont be able to get into a bikini. Why? Because I have horrible stretch marks from my pregnancy. They're boobs to calves. :( I have tried all sorts of stretch mark cremes and none of that work.

Is anyone in the same boat?

I totally hear ya! I have horrible body image :sad: I always think I am very manish looking and I will never have the body I can say hey look at this! I have been working so hard and I just want to cry every time I look at the 2 piece swimsuit I bought! What was the point I won't ever wear it...... I was hoping I would look good enough and feel comfortable enough to wear it. I wish I could get over it but I fear I never will. :cry:
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Who cares! I look like I got attacked by a baby lion. I ROCK bikini's. Zero f***s given!

I bet you look a lot better than you think. My stomach will never be perfect, but it's mine. And I have two super cute, awesome kids to show for my stomach not being perfect. I honestly don't care... I feel comfortable in a bikini, and people might think I need to cover my marks, but nah. What good it that going to do for my tan?! :flowerforyou:

Great response!
  • shodaimetruth
    shodaimetruth Posts: 137
    Options
    I never had a kid, I don't know. It might be something genetic. Anyways, I have stretch marks and I could careless. Especially now that I've lost 40lbs. You think stretch marks are anything to worry about? you have an excuse, and i'm pretty sure you are not ashamed of your kid(s) so you shouldn't be ashamed of the marks.

Show off what you have been working hard on. no reason to hide it.
  • joekayaks
    joekayaks Posts: 3
    Options
    Look...I'm sure you look better than you think. Don't stress about it. When you are ready, wear that bikini as a badge of healthy living and be proud of yourself.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    And I'm totally bummed about it.

I'm 25ish pounds from my goal, even when I lose all of it I wont be able to get into a bikini. Why? Because I have horrible stretch marks from my pregnancy. They're boobs to calves. :( I have tried all sorts of stretch mark cremes and none of that work.

Is anyone in the same boat?

exactly the same boat .......... I have stretch marks that are half an inch wide and 6 inches long ... not pretty :( ... Im aiming for a nice backless swimsuit :)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL Stretch marks are like painted toenails, shoes, and earrings. Only women notice them. :)
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks too, but when I get to goal weight I am gonna rock that bikini and wear them like badges of honor.
  • BoatReadyBody
    BoatReadyBody Posts: 376
    Options
    LOL Stretch marks are like painted toenails, shoes, and earrings. Only women notice them. :)

Love it.!!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Also I don't think I care about the stretch marks as much as I do about my jiggling belly and how it hangs :(