strange how many people have a house guest named TOM...

Options
12346»

Replies

• frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Men say this because women have been using it as an excuse. Duh. And.. when they say this, it's usually in sarcasm.
    No, it isn't. It's because they don't understand.

But that's cool that you think so.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Exactly! Men say this because women have been using it as an excuse. Duh. And.. when they say this, it's usually in sarcasm.

I'll bet some men would call BS on women if they didn't fear being accused of "not understanding".
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I'll bet some men would call BS on women if they didn't fear being accused of "not understanding".

You're obtuse. And all of the views you have so far put forth are less than enlightening. And your understanding of the female reproductive system in sadly lacking.

For the record, you don't get to call BS on anyone unless you're a medical doctor with the patients medical history.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I've never really experienced massive hunger cravings, but I assume that SERIOUS cravings exist, just like SERIOUS cramps do. I also imagine they've got to suck.
    Also, SERIOUS mood swings, even though I myself am not a victim of them.

I'd probably talk a lot about my SERIOUS cravings if I was on a diet site and trying to avoid the cadbury egg. If I had SERIOUS mood swings, I would jump down the throat of any man who suggested PMS as a reason for them.
  • delilah47
    Options

You're obtuse. And all of the views you have so far put forth are less than enlightening. And your understanding of the female reproductive system in sadly lacking.

For the record, you don't get to call BS on anyone unless you're a medical doctor with the patients medical history.

See! It's a big mystery! And to prove it you accuse me of being stupid. Sorry, it's not a mystery to me.

I could relate, literally, hundreds of BS stories women use TOM for to get out of .. working for one. Here is just one: In a company with approximately 200 manufacturing assemblers, the women's attendance was terrible when a male supervisor was rotated through the manufacturing shifts (6 month rotations). I explained what I was seeing and asked him why he thought the women had such bad attendance on his watch. He said "Well, they tell me they have "female problems" and what can I say?" From then on the women were required to go through a female supervisor when calling in sick, or leaving sick, and suddenly their attendance was nearly the same as for the male employees.

Just like I said in my original post; many women use it as an excuse to be treated differently (special) during that TOM. In this case they knew the male supervisor didn't dare question them. Call me stupid, call me a b!tch, whatever.. that doesn't change anything.

Edit: Oh, and before I go. I never clarified myself when I said "women use it for an excuse".. I didn't say a *few* women use it for an excuse and I didn't say *all* women use it as an excuse. What I believe is: Most women *who use it for an excuse* are full of beans. And.. I think some of you are PMSing. :laugh: (Getting too snarly for the situation presented.)
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options

See! It's a big mystery! And to prove it you accuse me of being stupid. Sorry, it's not a mystery to me.

I could relate, literally, hundreds of BS stories women use TOM for to get out of .. working for one. Here is just one: In a company with approximately 200 manufacturing assemblers, the women's attendance was terrible when a male supervisor was rotated through the manufacturing shifts (6 month rotations). I explained what I was seeing and asked him why he thought the women had such bad attendance on his watch. He said "Well, they tell me they have "female problems" and what can I say?" From then on the women were required to go through a female supervisor when calling in sick, or leaving sick, and suddenly their attendance was nearly the same as for the male employees.

Just like I said in my original post; many women use it as an excuse to be treated differently (special) during that TOM. In this case they knew the male supervisor didn't dare question them. Call me stupid, call me a b!tch, whatever.. that doesn't change anything.

Again, your personal experience or opinion does not dictate reality. I have been in management for years and have had lots of employees, male and female, and only once have I had a woman call in or have to leave for "female problems," and she was hospitalized. My experience does not invalidate yours and yours does not invalidate mine. They are both valid experiences. However, I do not use my personal experience to paint everyone with the same brush, you do.
  • delilah47
    Options
    Just wait until after menopause...then all the talk will be about how often one poops or doesn't poop..:noway:

I'm a nurse, used to take care of geriatric patients..I swear this will happen.

Too funny!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • delilah47
    Options

Again, your personal experience or opinion does not dictate reality. I have been in management for years and have had lots of employees, male and female, and only once have I had a woman call in or have to leave for "female problems," and she was hospitalized. My experience does not invalidate yours and yours does not invalidate mine. They are both valid experiences. However, I do not use my personal experience to paint everyone with the same brush, you do.

Also I do think you're being a b!tch and stupid. I'm glad you picked it up from the context clues.

Again, you've proven my point. Women don't tell other women they are sick because it's TOM. They tell men that and get away with it.