BLACK TEEM WEEK 10!!

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    000203D1.gif

May I please have your opinion on something??

I am signing up for 12 sessions with a trainer. She is working with me really cheap, and I think it may push me to lose the last damn 10 pounds.

So here is my dilema.

I have heard that if you work out 1st thing in the morning you will burn fat/cals all day and it is more effective in weight loss.

I always work out after work, and it takes up so much of my day that I get discouraged and dont want to go.

BUT I am not a morning person and drag myself out of bed at the last possible moment.

SO for 1 month should I try the 6 am spot, then go to work straight from the gym (only 10 min away)
    I will be taking the chance I wont show up and/or I wont work out very hard.

But if it works out, then I will have my workout DONE for the day and be able to cook dinner after work.

Or should I stick with tried and true and go at 5pm after work??

I iz skeered
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    000203D1.gif

May I please have your opinion on something??

I am signing up for 12 sessions with a trainer. She is working with me really cheap, and I think it may push me to lose the last damn 10 pounds.

So here is my dilema.

I have heard that if you work out 1st thing in the morning you will burn fat/cals all day and it is more effective in weight loss.

I always work out after work, and it takes up so much of my day that I get discouraged and dont want to go.

BUT I am not a morning person and drag myself out of bed at the last possible moment.

SO for 1 month should I try the 6 am spot, then go to work straight from the gym (only 10 min away)
    I will be taking the chance I wont show up and/or I wont work out very hard.

But if it works out, then I will have my workout DONE for the day and be able to cook dinner after work.

Or should I stick with tried and true and go at 5pm after work??

I iz skeered

Go for the morning one. You will burn all day and if you pay for it you should go. I hate to waste money like that so if you pay up front go to the morning one. I hate mornings too so I know how you feel but the one time I got to the trail by 7:30 am I was so happy I did. I felt great all day!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Jeannie - morning.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    morning--

And then a nice brisk walk after dinner, to boot--

Double whammy-- you'll burn the cals like nobody's business.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good day,especially with it being weigh in day! I actually had a good weigh in this morning. My ticker went down 2 pounds!

Jeanie-I would sign up for morning and like they said, you will have it done and be able to maybe walk after you cook in the evenings. Get 2 workouts in a day and burn all them calories! You can do this girl!

Tamara-Way to go on hitting your goal weight. Just because your dad likes to eat doesn't mean you have to eat too. You already know this. Don't beat yourself up over it!

Marla-Sorry to hear about your daughter. She is so awesome and does great things and you are a great mom to be there for her the whole way through!!!

Hey to everyone else! It has been a week from heck with being on the go so much. But I did get a workout in every evening this week. And yesterday after playing 40 minutes of badminton, I decided to walk and then just decided to put some running in there and it wasn't too shabby! I felt good and my clothes were soaked with sweat but hey, that's what it takes! Have a good week all! Back to work tomorrow!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You guys are the best. I am so thankful for all of you. : )
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening black team-

Jeannie-I have to agree with the rest of the team. And at the risk of pushing the issue....One thing about your post stuck with me. You said "I iz skeered". And I thought about my triathalon and how truth be told, when it came to whether or not I was going to be ready in 6 weeks I thought...."I iz skeered". But why? What is it that I'm afraid of? and on the same token what is it that YOUR afraid of? Are you afraid that you wont get up early enough to go? Am I afraid that I won't be able to finish? Are you afraid that if it's early in the morning you'll be too tired? Am I afraid that I'll look silly in front of all the tri jocks?
    My dear friend, the truth is that fear is a big part of what got us into this mess. I know that if I gave into my fear of going to the gym, or my fear of failure I would probably still be 319lbs and on my way to an early grave. You have nothing to fear my friend because you not only continue to amaze yourself, but you amaze us all. So here is the deal, If you do the morning sessions, You will attend them all and you will work your *kitten* off. Your going to do it without fear because that is who you are now. You are a person who does not let your fear hold you back. You are a person who knows your own worth and that you are only as strong or as weak as you choose to be. It's for this reason that the morning sessions will work perfectly for you and it is for this same reason that I will stand on the shore in a wet suit surrounded by hardcore triathalon jocks. And when I do I will not doubt myself.. Because our lives.... Miss Jeannie, Samantha, Marla, Roni, Shuntae, Renae, Lori. Sara, Tamara and all my teamates, are too full of Hope and possibility to have any more room for fear and doubt.

:drinker:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Evening black team-

Jeannie-I have to agree with the rest of the team. And at the risk of pushing the issue....One thing about your post stuck with me. You said "I iz skeered". And I thought about my triathalon and how truth be told, when it came to whether or not I was going to be ready in 6 weeks I thought...."I iz skeered". But why? What is it that I'm afraid of? and on the same token what is it that YOUR afraid of? Are you afraid that you wont get up early enough to go? Am I afraid that I won't be able to finish? Are you afraid that if it's early in the morning you'll be too tired? Am I afraid that I'll look silly in front of all the tri jocks?
    My dear friend, the truth is that fear is a big part of what got us into this mess. I know that if I gave into my fear of going to the gym, or my fear of failure I would probably still be 319lbs and on my way to an early grave. You have nothing to fear my friend because you not only continue to amaze yourself, but you amaze us all. So here is the deal, If you do the morning sessions, You will attend them all and you will work your *kitten* off. Your going to do it without fear because that is who you are now. You are a person who does not let your fear hold you back. You are a person who knows your own worth and that you are only as strong or as weak as you choose to be. It's for this reason that the morning sessions will work perfectly for you and it is for this same reason that I will stand on the shore in a wet suit surrounded by hardcore triathalon jocks. And when I do I will not doubt myself.. Because our lives.... Miss Jeannie, Samantha, Marla, Roni, Shuntae, Renae, Lori. Sara, Tamara and all my teamates, are too full of Hope and possibility to have any more room for fear and doubt.

:drinker:

clapping.gif
  • Marla64
    Options
    okay, either I'm a hormonal old bat, or y'all are just awesome people--

Or a little bit of both-- :wink:

Andrew, stop making me cry-- :cry:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Andrew, you should be a writer, you missed your calling. You have a way with words.

Jeannie- can't say it anywhere near like Andrew, but mornings it is! You can do it and we'll be here to support you.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Just got out of the shower, do good thinking in there. lol

Today is July 22nd, my birthday is exactly 2 months from today- 9/22. I weighed 148 at the age of 16. In 2 months I will be 37...... so I have 2 months time to weigh what I did 20 years ago. It would be fun to say at 36 I weighed what I did at 16. (ok, not sure why it would be less fun to say it at 37, but it is!)

Since my vacation I have 6 pounds to hit that, 3 of which are courtesy of my 'don't care right now' attitude that I stupidly picked up at some point in the trip. It seems feasible enough... but the scale hasn't moved in the last 2 months and stayed there. Hmmmm, what do I need to do differently? Mabye I need another shower to think about it.

Night all!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    :sad:

Andrew, you never include me in any of your lists :tongue: I never never never see my name :ohwell:

Good morning team!

Raining here but that's ok. Still plan on running tonight unless it turns to a down pour.

I would do mornings, too, Jeannie, if I were you. I am always stressing throughout the day wondering/hoping that by the end of the day I will have time to get my workout in. Sometimes the stress has affected my workouts and my performance goes way down.

When I workout in the morning (which I have not been able to do in a long time) I always feel so good throughout the day....especially knowing that my body will continue to burn cals all day long.

Not to mention the little mishaps I have where "whoops, I burned too many calories so let me scramble to eat some more before the end of the day or just forget about it".

Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,934 Member
    Options
    Andrew - I have goosebumps.
  • Marla64
    Options
    is there a new week up yet?
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Andrew, you never include me in any of your lists :tongue: I never never never see my name :ohwell:

Good morning team!

Raining here but that's ok. Still plan on running tonight unless it turns to a down pour.

I would do mornings, too, Jeannie, if I were you. I am always stressing throughout the day wondering/hoping that by the end of the day I will have time to get my workout in. Sometimes the stress has affected my workouts and my performance goes way down.

When I workout in the morning (which I have not been able to do in a long time) I always feel so good throughout the day....especially knowing that my body will continue to burn cals all day long.

Not to mention the little mishaps I have where "whoops, I burned too many calories so let me scramble to eat some more before the end of the day or just forget about it".

he never includes me in his lists either...and i'm his flippin' wife :grumble:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    LOL Beth that was pretty funny, my husband would be the same way..LOL

Walked 7.5 miles this morning gonna walk 3.25 miles this afternoon,

I made my dad and husband homemade chocolate chip cookies and for dinner I am making them homemade egg rolls, why I am making things I cant have? Because why should they be punished, I like my stuff, and anyways I am celebrating next wednesday my anniversary my bithday and goal weight...I can have what I want then...

Have a great day everyone

I had to change my goal weight so my ticker would show up, So i plan on stopping HOPEFULLY, I thinks its gonna be harder then I think it is.
  • annaliza
    Options

Good morning team!

LOL

Thanks for the great laugh today :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

Good morning team!

Your by far my favorite member of the black team. I love you sweetums.
  • annaliza
    Options
    LOL Beth that was pretty funny, my husband would be the same way..LOL

Walked 7.5 miles this morning gonna walk 3.25 miles this afternoon,

I made my dad and husband homemade chocolate chip cookies and for dinner I am making them homemade egg rolls, why I am making things I cant have? Because why should they be punished, I like my stuff, and anyways I am celebrating next wednesday my anniversary my bithday and goal weight...I can have what I want then...

Have a great day everyone

I had to change my goal weight so my ticker would show up, So i plan on stopping HOPEFULLY, I thinks its gonna be harder then I think it is.

I LOVE homemade eggrolls!!! The ones that you buy at the resturant are CRAP! I am Philippino and grew up with all kinds of homemade ethnic foods from all around the world. My mother would invite all her friends (who were all from different countries) over and they would all bring their classic home cooked dishes. Because of that, I have learned to make all kinds of ethnic (mostly asian) foods.

I do not put much cabbage in mine....I put in a lot more meat and rice noodles. Ahhhh, so sad....too bad they are off my list of foods to eat (except for a treat here and there).

I hope they enjoy them and all your hard work!