How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options

Replies

• PDLUCKY
    PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started back up January 1st weighing in at roughly 270 and on Saturday 6/16 I weighed 201. Hopefully I will be under 200 when I weigh in this Saturday!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I took 70lbs off in 1987 and kept it off till 1996 when I had a pregnancy, which ended in miscarriage but in the 3 months I was pregnant I shot up to 170. When I started working out consistently after that it took me about 6 months to lose the 40 lbs to get down to 130ish (I'm 5'7") and I've kept it off ever since because I haven't stopped working out since then!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I lost 44 pounds from January 1 to today. But, 42 pounds of it came off by beginning of June. I still want to lose 16 more pounds to make a total of 60 pounds. I have decided to do maintenance right now with just trying to eat as healthy as possible and exercise for at least 1/2 hour every day through the summer because my summer is way to busy. I think it will also give me confidence that I can keep it off once I hit my goal weight. In the fall, I am going to kick it back into high gear with a lot of exercise to lose remaining weight. I am very happy with where I am at, I just want to lose more of my stomach and tone my legs up more.
    Mostly, I have done it with eating things in moderation and when I want ice cream, I eat a healthier version of it and instead of chips and dip, I have tortilla chips.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have lost 250 pound and it has taken me 18 months. I ate a low sodium diet,completed my food diary everyday, exercise 7 days a week, drink lots of water. Everyday i told my self i can do this. Yes so far, but i still stay discpline. Once you lose the weight you can't get lax you have to work harder to keep it off. Besides all my size 30 clothers i gotten rid of, i have to keep the weight off in order to have something to wear. lol
    Ps No weight loss surgery and no diet plan , just counting my calories.:smile:
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of march. Have lost 47 so far and still working on it. Have been averaging 10 lbs a month so far. Still have a lot to go in the grand scheme of things, but just taking it one week at a time!
  • czenny
    czenny Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of march. Have lost 47 so far and still working on it. Have been averaging 10 lbs a month so far. Still have a lot to go in the grand scheme of things, but just taking it one week at a time!

Wow, that's pretty fast! Nice!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I feel a little embarassed at how everyone is logging in pound after pound they lose each week and I remain the same for 2 months. Effin' irritating, but I'm just going to keep doing what I do and working out and enjoying life. I can't do much more than that.

Don't get discouraged. Keep working hard.

Quick Story. My wife is still 15 pounds from her goal weight and complaining every single day. Yet, all of her clothes that fit her when she was 15 pounds lighter are all TOOO BIG on her.
    So, it is NOT always about the scale.
  • czenny
    czenny Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lost 250 pound and it has taken me 18 months. I ate a low sodium diet,completed my food diary everyday, exercise 7 days a week, drink lots of water. Everyday i told my self i can do this. Yes so far, but i still stay discpline. Once you lose the weight you can't get lax you have to work harder to keep it off. Besides all my size 30 clothers i gotten rid of, i have to keep the weight off in order to have something to wear. lol

Wooooooooow! I must say, hard work really pays off. :) You're inspiring.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year...I still have 8 pounds til goal, but have been maintaining my 50 pound loss since January!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

You should be the poster child for all of these people that think they are going to go to bed and wake up 50-60 pounds lighter.

You are living proof that hard work and dedication pays off.

Excellent job.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Uhhhhhhhhh...WHAT???!!!?????

You are my :heart: SHERO :love: I'm so proud of you and THANK YOU so much for replying. I LOVE what you've done and even more important, I LOVE what you wrote here, especially telling yourself everyday you can do this. YOU ROCK MISS MISSY, PERIOD. :flowerforyou:
  • InkedBeauty89
    InkedBeauty89 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 8-9 months to lose 50 lbs.
  • scarlize
    scarlize Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss back in mid October and reached my goal of 54 lbs in mid June. Considering it has only been a couple weeks since my goal, I have kept it off. I have to say, I really never dieted before, uses you consider the Adkins diet which, I think it's unrealistic because you can't live like that. I like this app because I eat everything in moderation. I junk food is extremely limited to a few times a month if not less,only because that is my down fall and if I quit cold turkey, I was afraid I would binge and revert. It worked for me and I slowly ate less and less junk food. Now sometimes I reach for baby carrots instead of Cheetos, nuts instead of chocolate. I drank LOTS and LOTS of water and if I wanted some flavor to the water I would add MIO that comes in several flavors, I even take it out to dinner with me. NO SODA! I decided one day that soda looked good and had a diet coke, (after not having one for 7 months)....3 days I suffered, felt like the carbonation sat in my belly! Ugggg
  • scarlize
    scarlize Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! A friend of mine lost 17lbs, then gave up...she says she needs the surgery! It's hard work either way. My husband friend had the surgery and lost the weight and still regained it back! It's a mental weight game, she would vomit then, continue to eat.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Jan 11 till today 40 lbs lost.
    me-on-dukan.blogspot.com
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today, July 8th is my 85th day, and I'm down 34 pounds.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    From April 2012 to July 2012 I have lost 33 pounds. fluctuating between 180- 185 for the past month or so. :)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs since January 11th, 2012. I feel like I have a completely different lifestyle and I will continue to reach my goals and stay healthy. I will keep it, and more, off!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Jan 11 till today 40 lbs lost.
    me-on-dukan.blogspot.com
    Me too! Jan. 11th exactly! lol Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!