How long it took U to lose 30-50lbs? Have you kept if off?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It took me 13 months to lose 50 lbs and keep it off. Trouble is, I got stuck there for another year and am now just getting my body back into fat burning mode fo the temporary trip to lose the balance of my excess.

-Debra
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Starting at around 220 lb, it took me 10 months from April 2011 to February 2012 to drop 50 lbs. Since then, I've dropped about 10 lbs and have been working at maintaining that since. Main thing is that I did take the slow and steady approach. I made adjustments to my diet and and made sure I felt good about and enjoyed the foods I ate. Don't feel like I did anything drastic - reduced portions, ate more home-cooked meals, minimized "junk" foods - as I kept in mind that this is a long-term lifestyle change.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of really inspiring stories on this thread. Amazing job guys.

I went gluten free about a year ago and I lost 30 lbs shortly after. It turns out I was gluten intolerant and my body was lacking nutrition even though I was over weight. Seeing the weight come off with the diet change made me start reading about the body and health, and I have kept it off. Now I am trying to lose 10 more lbs. I think just keeping up with yourself, not letting yourself go, is the only way to maintain
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Such fabulous and encouraging inspirational replies...you guys ROCK and thanks for posting EVERYONE of you:drinker:
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Jan 11 till today 40 lbs lost.
    me-on-dukan.blogspot.com
    Me too! Jan. 11th exactly! lol Congrats!

Hee hee- we're weight loss twins! Congrats!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I started July 1st 2011. I have logged every single day for 53 weeks! I've lost 53 lbs. My ticker shows a little more because I lost some weight before starting on MFP. I still have about 20 lbs to go.
  • JlSimon22
    JlSimon22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. But its recent so i cant answer the question of how long its been off.

How did you lose that in 3 months?
  • joeynigro1
    joeynigro1 Posts: 28
    Options
    It'll be 3 months on July 14, and I've lost 40.2 lbs.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    As of this morning I am down 53 and I started on January 19, 2012...so, it's been 8 1/2 months to get that off!
  • CarrieStL
    CarrieStL Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    3.5 months or so to lose 30lbs. It has been consistant but slowing down, for sure.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to drop 30 pounds into my over 100 pound loss. I'm approaching my two year MFP anniversary and I'm still over 100 pounds lost and maintaining beautifully.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I started back in Jan 2010 needing to lose 100 pounds - joined Weight Watchers. I'm not sure when I hit 30 lbs lost but I can tell you that I reached 25 lbs in 4 months because it was right before my birthday (4/25) that I reached this 10% goal. I was down 60 pounds by the end of that first year. Then I fell off the wagon for a few months and thankfully found MFP in March of 2011 and was able to restart my weight loss. Kept that weight off and lost even more as you can see by my ticker. :)
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!