The "Dieting" dilema; bad food, worse ideas.

Options

Replies

• TXRangerFan
    Options
    Great post! Bumping for the occasional needed reminder!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    Thanks Banks you rock!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

and can I just say that if I have to read another post talking about how hard it is to eat all 1000/1200 whatever calories each day I'm going to scream. to heck with screaming I'll express my inner fat chick and sit on them!

I like food. food is good. I like real food. I have been slowly losing weight now for 6 months and today I was told I look sexy in this dress (which hey I have to admit I kinda do) and I got a double take from someone when I was walking across the parking lot. yay! I am an intelligent well educated woman but I too succumbed to some diet quickies in my lifetime (including a video where you were supposed to breathe a certain way to lose weight - lord help me) but never again. I like eating things that I feel good about afterwards not guilty for. I LOVE feeling healthy and having stamina. I'm still a ways from my goal but eventually I know I'll make it. that's right...one day...my driver license weight won't be a lie.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I too succumbed to some diet quickies in my lifetime (including a video where you were supposed to breathe a certain way to lose weight - lord help me) but never again.

:laugh: I never heard of that technique!
  • moujie
    Options
    I too succumbed to some diet quickies in my lifetime (including a video where you were supposed to breathe a certain way to lose weight - lord help me) but never again.

:laugh: I never heard of that technique!

take the most ridiculous thing you can imagine and then multiply it by 100 and you still can't come close to how bad it was. I can't remember the name of it but I will NEVER forget the excersises.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    thanks shboss....".Banks",
    Your such an inspiration. I hope you never stop posting all your insite and advice. I have learned so much from you.
    You have a presence man. :glasses: your cool!!!

Keep up the great work your doing, there's a place in heaven for ppl like you.
    Thanks for all your help.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    thanks shboss....".Banks",
    Your such an inspiration. I hope you never stop posting all your insite and advice. I have learned so much from you.
    You have a presence man. :glasses: your cool!!!

Keep up the great work your doing, there's a place in heaven for ppl like you.
    Thanks for all your help.

Awww, thanks Kim! I don't know about heaven, but hopefully you guys can take this stuff and build on it, creating your own knowledge base and helping out newbies as I try to do.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

and can I just say that if I have to read another post talking about how hard it is to eat all 1000/1200 whatever calories each day I'm going to scream. to heck with screaming I'll express my inner fat chick and sit on them!

Sit on me if you must, yet it *is* hard for me to eat that much. Some of us are sick and may never be able to eat that much in a day. :smile:

I won't tell you how my stomach curdles when people talk about eating 2500 calories a day. :laugh:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    watch out with that "heaven" talk......Mike is on the warpath. Or someone who got their little feelings hurt. Pathetic.
  • moujie
    Options

Sit on me if you must, yet it *is* hard for me to eat that much. Some of us are sick and may never be able to eat that much in a day. :smile:

If you can't easily eat your calories due to medical reasons I wouldn't dare sit on you...unless of course it would help you feel better!:laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    watch out with that "heaven" talk......Mike is on the warpath. Or someone who got their little feelings hurt. Pathetic.

:laugh: Yeah - be careful there!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options

:laugh: Yeah - be careful there!

didn't say anything on the rules about discussion regarding disagreement with forum rules. So yeah,
    what a bunch of crap. :drinker:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Tagged for later reading.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that there's never been a Banks/SHBoss post that I haven't learned something from. :happy: This is another in a great line!

...and I wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting that you liked the magazine On Fitness. I absolutely LOVE that mag! Talk about learning the most you can about fitness! And not a single ad on how to attract a member of the opposite sex (or on how to lose 50 lbs in 2 weeks!). :laugh:

Cheers! :drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    I can honestly say that there's never been a Banks/SHBoss post that I haven't learned something from. :happy: This is another in a great line!

...and I wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting that you liked the magazine On Fitness. I absolutely LOVE that mag! Talk about learning the most you can about fitness! And not a single ad on how to attract a member of the opposite sex (or on how to lose 50 lbs in 2 weeks!). :laugh:

Cheers! :drinker:

It's awesome isn't it? Too bad it's bi-monthly. I finish it in like two days, then I'm depressed for like a week, then I go back and re-read every article, then I realize I missed like half the stuff in it the first time. :tongue:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's awesome isn't it? Too bad it's bi-monthly. I finish it in like two days, then I'm depressed for like a week, then I go back and re-read every article, then I realize I missed like half the stuff in it the first time. :tongue:

It's super-awesome. I bring it to work and I shamelessly read it out loud to people and insist that they check out this article or that article! But then, I have to stand right there because I'm afraid to let the magazine out of my sight for fear it will run away with the person who's looking at it! :laugh:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Bump!:smooched: :heart: I LOVE reading posts from Banks!
    THANKS!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Bump!:smooched: :heart: I LOVE reading posts from Banks!
    THANKS!!!

Why thank you Sara! :love:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Banks, thanks so much for a great read!! :flowerforyou: Your posts gives me an "ah ha" moment and are very thought provoking so thank you, thank you, thank you! :heart:

The only complaint I have is that....now I have to do more research because I'm thirsty for more :laugh: :tongue: so thanks for educating me and opening my eyes :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Banks, thanks so much for a great read!! :flowerforyou: Your posts gives me an "ah ha" moment and are very thought provoking so thank you, thank you, thank you! :heart:

The only complaint I have is that....now I have to do more research because I'm thirsty for more :laugh: :tongue: so thanks for educating me and opening my eyes :flowerforyou: :drinker:

you're very welcome my dear! Any time I get people to do research, I'm a very happy man!