Low Carb-ers Challenge to Choose Change!

Options

Replies

• Beachcomer
    Beachcomer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Allen, "GOT MILK?"
    Go for it! I love milk also but don't crave it as much nowadays. Try drinking out of a small diameter straw. Sounds silly but may may the milk and the ecstacy last longer.
    Keep On Keepin On
    Beachcomer

To all you LoCarbers
    Let's go an extra mile this week, What positive change have we made for the week? Thanks all for being there.
    Beachcomer
  • mommyof2boys
    mommyof2boys Posts: 221
    Options
    :happy: Every one I invited my grammie to the group <3 She is my best friend<3 I was telling her about it and I asked her if she would join :flowerforyou:
  • Beachcomer
    Options
    Realyn,
    That drive-in menu is fantastic. You go girl. Plan your work and Work that plan. Baggy those healthy and have them ready. Don't only use those baggies for the drive-in though, use the same system all the time.
    Great Job!!!!!
    Beachcomer
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    JKLM- WOW cant wait till I am below 200 maybe this week I have 5 pounds to go but , messed up bad yesterday went on a spur of the moment trip to MAGIC MOUNTIAN walked like 10 miles (feels like) up hills and down but ate hamburger and fries I AM A FAILURE i probally gianed my 7 pounds back and 2 extra LOL well, you inspired me so I wanna get to 199 like you !!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! WAY TO GO
    I am so PROUND of you. Well, keep up the good work and keep inspiring me I need SUPPORT BADLY !!! :cry:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    RES --- Way to go on the weekend planning!! I’ll be doing the same type of planning! Are you excited about your couch to 5k for tomorrow?? I LOVE the park I found to go to do it, but can only hop jog – so I’m thinkin’ of just going there to walk the dogs and maybe an early morning walk alone! Peaceful.

Hannah – have a nice morning out to B’fast!

Beachcomer – I live your idea. Let’s all give it some thought and post what positive changes we’ve made this week.

MagnificentMama --- Do NOT refer to yourself as a failure. You made a choice and that’s what it’s all about. You are not a failure. We’re all here to support you…but stay positive with yourself….and just climb right back up on the wagon. :wink:

LEO – couple of questions for ya: (1) do you count the coconut oil in your food diary when cooking things like eggs or whatever, and if so…how? If you use 1 tbsp in pan is that what you count even though some is left in pan and not on eggs? (2) what do you think about frozen veggies (as it relates to the primal blueprint/marksdailyapple)? (3) what about ready-to-drink protein shakes such as EAS Low Carb or Atkins Advantage Low Carb drinks? THANKS!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beachcomer
    Options
    Sassy- I'm in with that idea of sharing positive change at weeks end

MagnificentMama- I'm with Sassy, I hope your LOL was in reference to your comment about beiing a failure. If your on this blog and have not decided to QUIT one will never be a failure. Anyone who has never had the same or more of a struggle that that is probably LYING, Can I get an Amen from anyone. Please don't get "Hung By The Tongue" and never let those kind of words leave your mouth or keyboard again. even in jest.
    I am proud of your decision to be a Winner and am glad to be on your team
    Beachcomer in Fl.
  • Mary4Jesus
    Mary4Jesus Posts: 219
    Options
    Hi my name on here is Mary4Jesus. Momma of 2 boys / Andrea is my granddaughter and she was telling me about your group and how awesome you all are. I would like to know if I could join your group?
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    MARY ---- Welcome! Glad to have you here with us. I will add you to our chart right now. Every Monday we weigh in and post the results, along with what our goal for the week is (example lose 3lbs, 2 lbs, 1 lbs...whatever you feel comfortable with), then I post a chart showing everybody's accomplishments for the week. So...for now....to add you to the chart....please give me your starting weight (can be today's if you don't know what Monday's was)...and your goal for this week. Post daily for motivation and support....and be here on Monday's to show us your accomplishments! I'll get you on the chart soon as I see you here with your start weight and goal for this week. Again...welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Beachcomer
    Options
    Welcome Mary- Glad to have you
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    Sassy an Beach thanks for being so encouraging and YES i am starting again from my day of Doom now all is well and I know I have you all for support!!! GOsh you all make me feel happy and worth it!! Thanks again!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    LEO – couple of questions for ya: (1) do you count the coconut oil in your food diary when cooking things like eggs or whatever, and if so…how? If you use 1 tbsp in pan is that what you count even though some is left in pan and not on eggs? (2) what do you think about frozen veggies (as it relates to the primal blueprint/marksdailyapple)? (3) what about ready-to-drink protein shakes such as EAS Low Carb or Atkins Advantage Low Carb drinks? THANKS!!! :flowerforyou:

1. I count it so I can track my ratios only, I don't pay attention to calories at all.

2. I eat frozen veggies. I know it is best to eat fresh, but everything is always in season and I don't have a deep freezer to be able to grow my own and freeze myself for winter months, so I do eat frozen veggies. I don't think there is anything wrong with frozen veggies, now canned is a totally different story unless you can your own veggies and fruits - then you know what is in them.

3. I used to do the RTD shakes, until I found Jay Robb protein powder. It is the best. You can buy some individual packets and try it out before purchasing a BIG container of it. It is all natural, sweetened with Stevia, no chemicals or preservatives.

I even buy diet pop for myself that is made with Stevia. It is called Zevia. I like the root beer and make root beer floats with the pop and organic heavy cream.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Sassy an Beach thanks for being so encouraging and YES i am starting again from my day of Doom now all is well and I know I have you all for support!!! GOsh you all make me feel happy and worth it!! Thanks again!

Girlie - you are always worth it!!!

I agree, the only failure is quitting and giving up. It reminds me of a lady I had an appointment with today. She told me it look her 8 years to get down from 175, down to the 115 she is at today. And guess what?!?!?! She cut out white potatos, sugar, bread, pasta, rice and limits fruit consumption!!!

I laughed because I call it Atkins and she calls it limiting starch and sugar. One and the same by different names...............
  • dmazza15
    dmazza15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in. My name is D and I have struggled with my weight for the last 8 years. I started the low carb diet 2 weeks ago. One of the girls I work with did this and she looks fabulous. She feels great. I looking forward to feeling good in my clothes and skin again
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I am in. My name is D and I have struggled with my weight for the last 8 years. I started the low carb diet 2 weeks ago. One of the girls I work with did this and she looks fabulous. She feels great. I looking forward to feeling good in my clothes and skin again

Welcome to the Group D.

Which low carb plan are you following or are you doing your own plan??

I, myself am doing Atkins but mixing in Primal Blue Print Philosophy with it (pretty much the same).

Chime in as we are always learning from each other!!!

:drinker: :drinker:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I think I have heard it all now!!!!

Someone in another forum told the original poster that clear soda would be fine for her upset stomach as she could really use the extra sugar right now.............

:explode: :explode: :explode:

If I drink a sugary soda, the HFCS gives me diahrrea...................... :explode: :explode:

I really have to stay out of the mainstream forums.
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    LEO --- thanks so much! I don’t eat canned anything because of the sodium levels. I usually don’t eat frozen veggies, but today had some frozen birds eye veggies in a shrimp stir fry and it was pretty good, so need to have more. I’ll check into the Jay Robb (I’m familiar with his site), and I just thoroughly enjoyed a slushy Atkins Mocha Latte Shake….hmmm good! :bigsmile: HCFS is the WORST thing for anybody!!! :noway:

Dmazza15 --- Welcome! Glad to have you here with us. I will add you to our chart right now. Every Monday we weigh in and post the results, along with what our goal for the week is (example lose 3lbs, 2 lbs, 1 lbs...whatever you feel comfortable with), then I post a chart showing everybody's accomplishments for the week. So...for now....to add you to the chart....please give me your starting weight (can be today's if you don't know what Monday's was)...and your goal for this week. Post daily for motivation and support....and be here on Monday's to show us your accomplishments! I'll get you on the chart soon as I see you here with your start weight and goal for this week. Again...welcome!
    :flowerforyou:

Just back from the "Y" where I did some treadmill and stationary bike (interval training). Use to do it daily for quite awhile and loved it. Never got back into the routine since returning from vacation, and went today because I missed it. STRANGE...ME? Missing exercise?? how's that possible? :bigsmile: Anyway...burned 392 of my daily goal of burning 400 calories (and those are strictly exercise calories NOT chores or housecleaning, etc.) So...off to down some icy water from the freezer! :drinker:
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    RESALYN: good idea!!! I am drinking way to much diet soda!! I do drink water but not nearly enough !!!
  • magnificentmama
    Options
    MARY AND DAMAZZA - Glad your here with us !!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Hey there! Almost finished with my Primal Blueprint book and SO excited! I am SO going to follow this way of life...including the exercise and EVERYTHING the book outlines and explains!! About to refigure my macronutrients based on the chapter I'm reading now. I've basically been doing this plan without realizing it, however I have not been adding in the fruits as I should. I can't wait to get HEALTHY and THIS is certainly going to do it for me!! Thanks, Hannah! :flowerforyou:

MARY AND DAMAZZA --- please don't forget to post your starting weight and this week's goal for me so I can get you on our chart!! We're happy to have you!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    TGIF!

I"m so glad it's Friday - I didn't think this week was ever going to end! Seriously! Got lots planned for the weekend, so I'll probably be MIA for most of it. Y'all have a wonderful weekend, and stay on track and on plan, ok? Weigh in is Monday!

That's why I love the Monday weigh ins - it makes me be conscious all weekend fo what I"m eating - and think twice before I go off plan.

I seriously could have gone off plan last night, was really really craving a DQ shake - but made my own protein shake instead - here's the recipe I used:

8 oz Blue Diamond Chocolate Almond Breeze, unsweetened (almond milk) (3 carbs)
    1 scoop EAS 100% Whey - chocolate (3 carbs)
    1 TBSP PB2 (powdered peanut butter) choc flavored (3 carbs)
    Dash Torani choc SF syrup
    Bunch of ice cubes
    Blended in the blender, served in my Rubbermaid glug bottle - it was almost 30 oz when it was all said and done! YUM!

So yeah, it was 9 carbs, but it was better than the 110 carbs that I would have had in the small DQ choc shake..... Guess I could count that as a NSV - nonscale victory, right?