Low Carb-ers Challenge to Choose Change!

Options

Replies

• SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    CLASSICC.....Did I miss your weigh in somewhere?? LOL I'm totally lost! Got your goal for this week, but don't see your today's weigh in. Also....do you have a goal for August? Thanks, and sorry if I've missed sometihng. Monday's are HARD for me!! :bigsmile:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    CLASSICC.....Did I miss your weigh in somewhere?? LOL I'm totally lost! Got your goal for this week, but don't see your today's weigh in. Also....do you have a goal for August? Thanks, and sorry if I've missed sometihng. Monday's are HARD for me!! :bigsmile:

thats ok:flowerforyou:

goal: 2lbs
    August goal: 8lbs (or anywhere remotely near that!)
    I weighed and measured just now actually: 181lbs my measurements show a 1.5 inch loss in all the right places and 1 inch gain in some rather odd ones lol....cant win for losing:grumble:

hoping TOM is the culprit and not so much the naughty weekend behavior:explode:

thanks!!:flowerforyou:
  • scrunchkins
    Options
    Jeepers Joy..........what a pain you are...............:grumble: ...............lol

Weigh in: 313.2
    Goal for week: -2
    Goal for August: To reach Twoderville.

Happy now ???? :devil:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    anyone have any tips on getting calories in without taking in a lot of carbs?? i can never seem to meet my daily goal of cals and i think its hurting my efforts:sad: i need to get past these silly 180's:noway:

help!!!:brokenheart:

sorry for raining on an otherwise sunny parade guys, having a sick, bloated and depressed feeling day....... sigh* its taking everything in me not to eat another piece of chocolate.............:noway:
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Had a coupla NSVs the last four days:

1. Got hit on and asked out by a really cute guy - a vendor who comes in to my work all the time. He was flirty and then made a point to find me when he was done w/ his business and asked me out to lunch. I blushed and said I couldn't - that my husband probably wouldn't appreciate it. The cute guy said "aw, but you don't wear a ring..." I said it just doesn't fit right now, sorry..... He asked again if I was sure I didn't want to go.........and I declined very politely... Then he grinned and said he'd see me next week, and maybe I'd be intereted in going then.

2. Got hit on by a DIFFERENT cute guy at the drive-in - was standing in line at concessions to get a soda, cute guy #2 proceeds to flirt, asks who I"m there with, etc. (I was there with my best friend, her family, and my daughter) - and asks if I would want to come over and hang with him and his friends during the movie - and I blushed and declined..... Cute guy #2 was not wanting to take no for an answer - so explained that I"m married and my husband probably wouldn't appreciate it if I was off hanging out w/ some guy I just met at the drive-in. He finally got the hint!

3. Hubby, daughter, and I went hiking/caving at a local state park. Six miles of hiking trails and 14 caves to explore - and we hit them all, and hiked ALL six miles of trails - a lot of it climbing etc.... and I was able to do it all! The only thing I refused to do wasn't cuz of my weight or being tired - daughter likes to really explore the caves - and there are some there that are so tight you have to crawl through them on your belly - she came out a muddy mess, but she had a blast! I personally don't like such tight spaces, ugh!

4. So I told hubby about getting hit on, TWICE - and he got a kick out of it, teased me unmercifully all weekend - but then Sunday said maybe I should try on my wedding ring set again - I haven't worn it since last year cuz it was too tight. Guess what! It fits now! WOO HOO! I just didn't want to pay to have it sized up AGAIN! Now I don't have to!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    anyone have any tips on getting calories in without taking in a lot of carbs?? i can never seem to meet my daily goal of cals and i think its hurting my efforts:sad: i need to get past these silly 180's:noway:

help!!!:brokenheart:

sorry for raining on an otherwise sunny parade guys, having a sick, bloated and depressed feeling day....... sigh* its taking everything in me not to eat another piece of chocolate.............:noway:

I don't count calories, only carbs...............

So, I don't pay attention if I am high or low on the calorie chart. Even though I did blow it out the water on Saturday. :bigsmile:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Had a coupla NSVs the last four days:

1. Got hit on and asked out by a really cute guy - a vendor who comes in to my work all the time. He was flirty and then made a point to find me when he was done w/ his business and asked me out to lunch. I blushed and said I couldn't - that my husband probably wouldn't appreciate it. The cute guy said "aw, but you don't wear a ring..." I said it just doesn't fit right now, sorry..... He asked again if I was sure I didn't want to go.........and I declined very politely... Then he grinned and said he'd see me next week, and maybe I'd be intereted in going then.

2. Got hit on by a DIFFERENT cute guy at the drive-in - was standing in line at concessions to get a soda, cute guy #2 proceeds to flirt, asks who I"m there with, etc. (I was there with my best friend, her family, and my daughter) - and asks if I would want to come over and hang with him and his friends during the movie - and I blushed and declined..... Cute guy #2 was not wanting to take no for an answer - so explained that I"m married and my husband probably wouldn't appreciate it if I was off hanging out w/ some guy I just met at the drive-in. He finally got the hint!

3. Hubby, daughter, and I went hiking/caving at a local state park. Six miles of hiking trails and 14 caves to explore - and we hit them all, and hiked ALL six miles of trails - a lot of it climbing etc.... and I was able to do it all! The only thing I refused to do wasn't cuz of my weight or being tired - daughter likes to really explore the caves - and there are some there that are so tight you have to crawl through them on your belly - she came out a muddy mess, but she had a blast! I personally don't like such tight spaces, ugh!

4. So I told hubby about getting hit on, TWICE - and he got a kick out of it, teased me unmercifully all weekend - but then Sunday said maybe I should try on my wedding ring set again - I haven't worn it since last year cuz it was too tight. Guess what! It fits now! WOO HOO! I just didn't want to pay to have it sized up AGAIN! Now I don't have to!

That is all fantastic!!!

Doesn't it feel good?!?!?!
  • slimisgd
    slimisgd Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi all!!!

Quick check in. Today's weight 163.6
    Weekly goal 3 lbs.
    August goal 10 lbs putting me at 153.6 by the end of August (fingers crossed...novenas being said.....anything that can make it happen!) :wink:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Sassy -

Are you getting in on this challenge??? At Mark's Daily Apple?

I just ordered the whole primal blue print book so I can study it too.

I am so ready to do this!!!

I entered the 30 day challenge over there on the site too.
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Jeepers Joy..........what a pain you are...............:grumble: ...............lol

Weigh in: 313.2
    Goal for week: -2
    Goal for August: To reach Twoderville.

Happy now ???? :devil:

YES INDEED I AM A PAIN!!! WOO HOOOO!!! So happy to see you here finally!!!! And, I had to be a pain to get you here! Ok...working on my chart....got so happy when I saw SCRUNCH, I lost my place, now I gotta back and read more postings!! :bigsmile:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    RES: That's awesome!!! you must be on cloud nine with all those NSV's!!! I put on some way smaller jeans on Saturday night and pranced around the house...LOL. I dug them out of my son's closet where most of my smaller clothes are. Didn't even have to lay on bed to zip 'em up!! :bigsmile: That being said....I have a LONG way to go....but I'm headed in right direction and feelin' good!! These NSV's will keep us going!!

Lioness: Yeah, I joined up the other day on that challenge for Primal....need to get over there and check in since it starts today. Monday's are too busy for me!! :grumble:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    RES: That's awesome!!! you must be on cloud nine with all those NSV's!!! I put on some way smaller jeans on Saturday night and pranced around the house...LOL. I dug them out of my son's closet where most of my smaller clothes are. Didn't even have to lay on bed to zip 'em up!! :bigsmile: That being said....I have a LONG way to go....but I'm headed in right direction and feelin' good!! These NSV's will keep us going!!

Lioness: Yeah, I joined up the other day on that challenge for Primal....need to get over there and check in since it starts today. Monday's are too busy for me!! :grumble:
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Great!! I just signed up and I ordered the book today. Hope it comes quick. I did the free shipping, I was so excited I hit the button too fast and it went through with the confirmation.
  • shagybear33
    Options
    Cmstief: I was there this weekend too!! Dang take out last nite after a long day of renos!! Back on track today!!

LEO: I have some questions, can I start a thread somewhere and get your opionions?? Thanks!!

Hambone: I hear ya!! Round 3000 for me too!! HAHAHAH!!!

Stormie: Yah, most likely water weight!! It'll come off I'm sure!!

RES: How goes the C5K? I haven't run for a week or so, thinking I might sneak out tonite when it cools down!!

Ok, I'm down to 162 for the week.
    Next week Goal: 160
    End of August Goal 155

Have a great day all!!

PS I might not be able to weigh in next week, my scale died and I can't find a battery for it anywhere in town..

TTYL!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Cmstief: I was there this weekend too!! Dang take out last nite after a long day of renos!! Back on track today!!

LEO: I have some questions, can I start a thread somewhere and get your opionions?? Thanks!!

RES: How goes the C5K? I haven't run for a week or so, thinking I might sneak out tonite when it cools down!!

End of August Goal 155

Have a great day all!!

PS I might not be able to weigh in next week, my scale died and I can't find a battery for it anywhere in town..

TTYL!!

Yes, fire away with the questions............

We can link it back here for everyone to see.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Couple people asked how my couch to 5K is goin - I'm starting back on it tomorrow. I decided to do T-Th-Sa instead of M-W-F. Monday mornings are the pits - so I figured that wasn't a good day to do my exercise, at least not right now!

I'm still doing only the walk/powerwalk instead of the run, but I"m burning calories, and that's what's important, right? I burned my whole week's goal of calories yesterday on that hike, so I should REALLY be burning calories the rest of the week!

Man, I'm tired today. I couldn't get to sleep last night and now I"m just wearing down..... Only 1 hr 45 mins til I can head out home......:yawn:
  • SassySouthernGirl
    Options
    Lioness: I just created my journal over there for the primal challenge, but haven’t had the time to read all the posts yet. Will get to it while I wait up tonight for my kids to get home. I paid extra for fast shipping and got the book in one week exactly. It’s a really good book – very informative. I took my time reading it – studied it – made notes, etc. I loved Chapter 2, which gives a good comparison to caveman days/health and life NOW. Though provoking!

Shagy: Got your update – thanks!

Res: YES, you are burning up those calories!! Speaking of which, I need to get off this laptop …. It’s not doing a thing for me except making pretty charts…LOL!
  • shagybear33
    Options

End of August Goal 155

Have a great day all!!

TTYL!!

Yes, fire away with the questions............

We can link it back here for everyone to see.

Hi Leo!!

Okay here goes!!!

1. My normal RHR before atkins was about 47. Since being back on it, my RHR has increased to about 65. What's up with that???? My activity level is still high, but I also noticed that I get into a higher zone now while exercising.

2. I exercise at least 5 days a week for no less than 40 mins. And not just light activity, I usually run, rollerblade, pedal my butt off on my bike. What do you think a good CCLL would be?

3. If I totally blow my carb levels one day then go back to my normal levels, will i still get that crappy feeling for the first few days being back on??

4. What would be a good number for fat grams per day?

Thanks bunches!!! :D
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    1. I am not sure as to why your RHR would be higher after starting Atkins. Mine lowered a bit, but not much.

2. Each person's CCLL is different. After you decide you are done with induction and want to move into OWL (on-going weight loss), you will have to start moving up the carb ladder and add in 5 grams of carbs extra per week. So if today you decided you want to move into Phase 2, you will need to go to 25 grams of carbs per day for this week. 30 next week and so on. With that, you can start adding in more foods according to the carb ladder:

This is the order of preference which Atkins recommends for adding carbohydrate food back into the diet during the Ongoing Weight Loss Phase (OWL). They are roughly ordered as to how glycemic they are:
    1. More salad and other vegetables
    2. Fresh cheeses (as well as more aged cheese)
    3. Nuts and Seeds
    4. Berries, then melons
    5. Dry wine (and other spirits low in carbs)
    6. Legumes
    7. Other Fruits
    8. Starchy vegetables
    9. Whole grains

When you start adding in carbs on the carb ladder and you notice that you have stopped losing weight, then you will subtract 5 grams of carbs and that is your CCLL.

3. I think this question is a YMMV (your mileage may vary) too. For me, if I have one day that I eat off plan and then jump back on the next day, I usually don't suffer consequences. If it turns into an all out binge, then I go back to induction and yes I will get that fluish detox feeling again.............

4. With Atkins, don't necessary think in terms of solid numbers.............Think more in terms of percentages.

I try to keep my ratios something like this:

Fat 60-70%
    Protein: 20-30%
    Carbs 10%

Hope this helps. Let me know if my explanations are as clear as mud. :laugh:
  • jeni26
    jeni26 Posts: 383
    Options
    RES:

That is so great! Made me think of my first NSV, what a wonderful feeling, Congrats!