5'1" need to lose 20 lbs...Short ladies???

Options

Replies

• mamaslitpath
    mamaslitpath Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm short too! 5'1 and right weighing 152 lbs. I've gone as low as 110 and as high as the 160s. Up and down since my early 20th and I'm currently 40. I too eat when stressed but mostly at night when everyone's asleep to "enjoy me time". Very frustrating! Please friend me, I'm new here! Have a great day
  • sarahoc261996
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm 5'3'' so not as short as you but wanted to welcome you to MFP. I am in exactly the same boat as you! I want to lose just over 20lbs. It would be great if we could motivate and encourage each other to lose the weight.

Best of luck and hope you make lots of friends on this that can give you the support you need,

Sarah x
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you use natural peanut butter, it's better, just watch your sugars. We use as a snack Kink Pops with peanut butter or almond butter and 1/2 a banana. Soooo yummy
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    5'1, 152lbs at the moment. My ideal weight is about 130-135 so I'm looking to lose 20lbs.... kinda funny that that's the starting weight for some of you guys but I'm more of a hobbit than a pixie ^_^ Thinner than that doesn't look good on me.

It's kind of annoying trying to deal with larger portion sizes and such in relation to your own size... I hate to waste food!
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'1", 134 and looking to lose 24 pounds (25 when I started) - have some physical challenges that - well - challenge me! :) - but am in a better place at the moment and making progress. Support is a good thing - feel free to add me!
  • Crystal4cats
    Options
    Hi there! I'm another short lady - 5'2" - and I need to get down to about 120-ish from 150. I started at 165. I never had trouble with my weight until my mid-40's (I'm 50 now). Low carb, watching my portions, and being religious about tracking my food here on MFP helps.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • dutchi2010
    dutchi2010 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1.5. I joined MFP in March.I have loss 14lbs so far. I think I could have lost more by now but I travel with my job and lets just say I have to many cheat days. My goal was to lose 20lbs. Now I would like to lose 25-30 lbs. All in all I am very happy with the loss. Sorry my start weight was 163 now I am 149.
  • kay8577
    kay8577 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 4'11 so I am in the short boat to. I currently weigh 170.1 lb. I am looking to get down to 100 lb. by my birthday in April which is in 10 months. in 2013 I lost 40 lb. I was 168 when I started and lost down to 127. then had a big summer with my youth group traveling and gained it all back and know I am just getting higher. I am going to Disney in 3 weeks and would love to lose 20 pounds by then. I can only have 800 calories a day, so if any of all have some tips on how I can enjoy food and still stay under 800 cal. I would really appreciate it.
  • tinks_13
    tinks_13 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm 5' and need to lose about 30lbs. I know the struggle being short! It shows a lot more and the slightest weight can make a big difference. Feel free to add me :)
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 5'3 on a good day 5'5. I would like to lose about 50 pounds. Being short and overweight is difficult...I hate shopping, I always end up buying a pair of shoes and a bag. I think the only good thing about me is that my weight is evenly proportional all over my body..lol
    Feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • lilmisskaty89
    lilmisskaty89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and weigh 149.5lbs
    Good things come in small packages (or so i'm told)

Being short means we have the constant worry of our BMI being too high when we put on a few pounds. In the last 4 years I've jumped up and down with my weight. I put 14lbs on holiday in May so I am slowly getting back down to pre holiday weight (2lbs to go) and want to lose another 14lbs.

A tip is to do your measurements aswel as weigh ins I have lost 12lbs in just under 9weeks which doesn't sound a lot to me but I've lost 9inches off my hips, 4off my waist and 3.5 off my arms and thighs.

It's not always about the number on the scales and setting target dates can only disappoint. Losing weight is a marathon not a sprint and rushing to lose a drastic amount usually means you end up putting more back on. This is all from my past experiences anyway. I'm on juice plus and love it I've tried slimming world, weight watchers, calorie counting and I never stick to things so wanted to give something new a try. Day 63 and I'm still going strong!

Katy
  • imcrafty2
    imcrafty2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm another short lady - 5'2" - and I need to get down to about 120-ish from 150. I started at 165. I never had trouble with my weight until my mid-40's (I'm 50 now). Low carb, watching my portions, and being religious about tracking my food here on MFP helps.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
    I would love to get down to 120-130 but I haven't been there in a very long time.. I too am an emotional eater but am loving MFP along with my fitbit...
  • august21143
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 205 lbs. I really lack self-motivation. I'm a procrastinator and could probably think of every excuse to not get out & exercise. I really need some inspiration, support, & motivation - I know this because it's about the only thing I haven't tried. I've got a short term weight loss goal of 25 lbs. (although I really want to lose more). I live in SC but haven't seen anyone from my state on here. So I'm looking for friends to help in this one endeavor I have yet to succeed in....
  • katiethedetermined1
    katiethedetermined1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" and 146lbs. Trying to get to 125! Add me, I can use all the motivation in the world and ready to dish it out also!!!
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I'm 5'1" with about 10 pounds to lose. I'm married with 3 children and one step son. Work behind a desk. Want to be healthier by my 40th birthday which is next February. Been on mfp for over a year but have down times like alot of people. Anyone with similar stats is welcome to add. I do have an open diary and I truly do my best to support my friends.
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'1" and 126 lbs, just started on MFP. With 2 young boys, desk job and a husband who travels a lot, it has been very hard. Would like to lose 10-15 lbs, i'm a stress eater:)

MFP put me on about 1200 calories, anyone else at same level? I'm finding it hard to get by on 1200, esp at the end of the day.
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same spot! Request Sent
  • Lisa_Dubh
    Lisa_Dubh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hiiii!
    I'm 5ft 3/4" and I need to lose about 14lbs or so :)
    Welcome to MFP, I find that if you're really honest with yourself with adding your food to your fodo diary and keep it public that it will encourage your choices and make them better ones :)
    Feel free to add me
    Lisa :)
  • bryben2014
    bryben2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for posting this topic! I'm 5ft 2" and also want to loose around 20lb. I'm 32 yrs old and live in London in the UK. I'm new to MFP. Anyone women in a similar position (whether in the UK or not) please do add me as a friend if you like.
  • Jojosdiet1963
    Jojosdiet1963 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I joined over two weeks ago and am learning a lot about my eating habits and when I am stressed I eat more. I weigh 227.4 lbs and want to weigh 140 lbs because I am 5'1". I recently quit smoking 33 days ago and it was very very hard because I was very much addicted to cigarettes and was overweight and out of breath all the time. I haven't lost any weight yet because I keep going over my caloric intake, I must try to be stronger it is so difficult but I am determined because I want to get into my nice smaller clothes.