OVER 200 CLUB PUMP IT UP (OPEN GROUP) WEEK 12

Options

Replies

• lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    ready2BFF: It seems like just adding a little exercise to your days will help with staying under your calorie goals ... you are so close. It's so much easier if you have those exercise calories to subtract off. I really struggle with the days I don't get any exercise.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Same here, I usually go for a walk on my off days, just so I can eat a little more.
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Hey there everyone. I'm new to this group, but am interested in joining you guys. I currently weigh 218.0 lbs and have lost 4.5 lbs so far. It would be nice to talk to people on here who weigh over 200 like I do.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Welcome laurajoyw :flowerforyou:
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    I would like to join you all. I just got out of a really negative, nasty relationship and the break-up was horrible... I gained back 10 pounds from all the stress and pressure his lying and cheating put me through. :/ But I'm here to get those 10 back off and then some. :brokenheart:

My eating has been great today.
    I'm only at 2 glasses of water for the day, though. :/ I am so bad about drinking my water.
    Going to start Shaun T's Rockin' Body tonight for my cardio.
    My current weight is 223.

I keep a hand-written food diary, so in case they block this website at work, I will still be able to log my food intake.

I'll try to remember to weigh in on Fridays. :happy:

Pleasure to meet you all, and keep up the great work guys!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Nice to meet you trikstar! Congrats on getting rid of the loser.
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    Welcome ladies!
  • traleen
    traleen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi can i join ?
    just lemme know what to do :drinker:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hi can i join ?
    just lemme know what to do :drinker:

Sure you can join, we weigh in on Fridays. Right now our challenge is to set a cardio goal and add minutes to that goal each week. We also check in periodically and encourage each other. I read some where the people who have the most "posts" are averaging more weight loss. So there is something to this whole encouragement part of it all.

I was also hoping we could have another challenge, just waiting on some of the ladies to make some suggestions. Last week we were answering 3 questions. If you have any suggestions please feel free.
  • Momma2four
    Options

Your welcome, we would love any input and encouragement you may have. Feel free to share ideas about challenges that we could do. As I mentioned above we weigh in on friday's and we are setting cardio goals and adding minutes each week to that. That is what my little train is all about. On mondays I put it back to 0 and add a couple of mins to my total. It is kind of a fun way to make sure I am reaching my goals.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    LOL, no secret here. I mix up my exercises (don't do the same stuff every week, I do walking/running, exercise videos, Wii Active, Wii Fit), I use a heartrate monitor so I am confident I am not over-eating my exercise cals, drink my water everyday, I am still tackling the eating right part. I stay within my calories, but I don't always eat the best foods, but I am trying.

I have been over-weight my whole life, and I am tired of it. I have 2 little girls that are my motivation. I don't want them to grow up thinking that being unhealthy is ok. If I lose the weight in the next few years, they wont even remember me this way. I want them to be healthy, and I have to set the example for them.

what Heart rate monitor do you use, haven't looked into these yet, do you suggest it?
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Trickstar Laurajoyw and Traleen, thx for joining!

Andrea
  • jennbarrette
    Options
    I have a Polar F7, I believe it has the same features as an F6, but this one was pretty LOL, and since I wear the watch part all the time, I wanted one I would like. I think as long as you get one with the chest band there is not a big difference, but a lot of people seem to like the Polar brand. You can get them for a good price on e-bay.
  • lstpaul
    Options
    I have a Polar F7, I believe it has the same features as an F6, but this one was pretty LOL, and since I wear the watch part all the time, I wanted one I would like. I think as long as you get one with the chest band there is not a big difference, but a lot of people seem to like the Polar brand. You can get them for a good price on e-bay.

I have the Polar F11 - which I really like, I don't know that there is all that much difference from the F7 - but there are some extra features, but it also costs quite a bit more unless you find a good sale.
    I would definitely recommend getting a heart rate monitor. It has really jump started my exercise. I like knowing how many calories I've burned. I like that mine sets a weekly goal and I get a 'trophy' on the watch if I meet the goal ... I haven't missed the goal since I got the monitor in March. I found out that when I was walking (treadmill or outside) I was never pushing myself enough to get my heartrate up into the 'fat burning zone', so that has been a motivator to push myself. You can set it up so it beeps at you if you go under or over your fat burning zone range (in step class I have to turn the beeping off because I go over the range a lot).
  • Shuutnstar
    Shuutnstar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Great thread! So... I'm Jenifer. I'm new to MFP. Have been doing it for about 2 weeks now and I am down 5 pounds! Yay me! But I am struggling with the things you address here, so I think this will be a nice fit!

I weigh in on Mondays... so my last weigh in was 214.

So... Yesterday...

Did I drink my water? No... grrr... I am so BAD about water, comes from being raised on really sulphuric well water that smelled and tasted like rotten eggs. I have to FORCE it down my throat. But that being said, I drank 6 oz... maybe a bit more. Cuz I had 2 cups of water at Duffy's.

Did I stay within my calories? No... BUT I came very close. I splurged a bit on a publix sub, and FORCED myself not to eat the whole, and only ate half! But that only left me with 248 cals and we were going OUT for dinner at Duffy's. So I had the grilled salmon and grilled zucchini.

What am I proud of? I did the smart thing and ordered fish even though I wanted chicken tenders and even though I ordered the fries, I didn't even TOUCH one fry. I gave them all away!

exercise.png
  • lstpaul
    Options
    Welcome Shuutnstar! Good job on your dinner decisions last night ... I think making those decisions consistently is half the battle ... I'm still working on it!
    I have trouble with water too, but I know it's really important for weight loss. There has been some discussion about how much more water you need to drink if you also drink pop or coffee ... so today I'm trying to be double fisted - I've got both a water bottle and diet pepsi bottle at my desk and if I take a sip of one - I try to take a sip of the other too. I bet I spend the day in the bathroom! :laugh:
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    Was short on my water yesterday - only had 6 glasses. I'll do better today.
    My eating was right on target.
    And I did my first exercise. It was a little messy - since I didn't really know the moves. I tried... but sometimes I have two left feet. :laugh:

Hope everyone's having a great day so far. :D
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Hey everyone, and welcome to the new faces. Glad to see everyone is trying to drink their water today.

C'mon ladies lets think of a new challenge for this week. Of course we need to keep drinking our water, and of course stay within our calories and add minutes to our cardio but let us try something new. any suggestions???????????????????????????????/// I have to take one of my little ones to the dentist so I will check back later and see if anyone has any ideas
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day, I was about 150 or so under my calories for the day, and didn't really work out, but I helped clean a bunch at my family's house so I did get some exercise there LOL

I started counting calories on August 1st and so far I have already lost 5lbs :smile: YAY. I always lose weight really quickly in the beginning though. So it won't last forever :wink: Soon I'll be back to losing 1 or 2 pounds a week.

Well I hope everyone's day is going well.