What are you drinking when everything is bad for you?

Options

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I usually drink like 100 oz of water and 10-20 oz of diet coke everyday ;)
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    water. coffee. tea. sailor jerrys.
  • ssanto
    ssanto Posts: 53
    Options
    mostly water with some fresh lemon or lime in it. but i also like to brew some flavored green tea (pomegranate green tea is my fav) and then put it with ice if i'm looking for something cold. i don,t add sugar bc it tastes good on its own, but you could
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like fresh lemon or lime squeezed into my water.
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    mostly orange and pineapple squash, a little water and sometimes coke or whatever i fancy
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    water, water with lemon, unsweet tea, herbal tea, coffee with skim milk and sometimes the flavor syrup they have. sometimes the 10 cal rockstar, rarely a real soda. I used to drink crystal light and diet soda and some of the flavored waters, however because of the rumors that may or may not be true about aspertame (especially how it breaks down) I've been a bit more weary about stuff with that has it as an ingrediant :)

But you should still drink whatever you like, just in moderation. I like to think if I'm thirsty enough for a soda refill @ the restuarant then I'm thirsty enough to drink water and I order water after my soda is gone.
  • Missypickles86
    Missypickles86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    one that I finds gets me through a lot of times is water with fresh squeezed lemon (or lime if you prefer). You can put the lemon wedge in your water for added flavor. I enjoy it... I would awesome you could do the same with oranges and grapefruit.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    jack daniels straight up when things are bad, and jack daniels straight up when things are good, too...
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    1% milk with my breakfast cereal, at least 10 cups of water/day, and green tea with or without raw sugar. That's it, told myself no more beer or alcohol until I meet my target.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Do you have a store called Teavanna around you (or some other really good tea store)? They have some awesome teas that have flavors such that you don't need any extra sweeteners. It might be worth trying if you have one around you.

Aside from that, I don't worry too much about it and will even drink chocolate milk sometimes. Just make sure you count the calories and you're still within your goals. I prefer to avoid the artificial sweeteners, but mostly because I don't like their taste.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Grab yourself some green tea.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i drink coffee with cream and raw sugar every morning
    i drink water all day. i love the flavor of water.
    sometimes i drink unsweetened ices tea.
    i also drink whiskey and beer with some regularity.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

:love:
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Water
    Hot tea (english breakfast tea, decafeinated, nothing added)
    black coffee
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Mostly, I drink water. I do have either coffee or a Monster in the mornings.. If I really have some kind of craving I go for the 'Clear Choice' drinks that Rite Aid has =) Very yummy and have 0 everything.. I've had no problems with them..
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    When I was converting to pure water I used to splash a little lemon juice or lime juice in my water to flavor it up. Worked for me.

I also drink coffee and wine and beer and other "bad-for-you" drinks, but primarily for money reasons most of my hydration is free WATER. :)
  • nnavarrete725
    Options
    Zevia (diet natural soda flavored with stevia) sold at Whole Foods....delicious
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    stevia!!! 0 cals, very sweet, easy to grow, dry and turn into powder or cheap to buy already made, plus there are some studies that it has some health benefits :)
    Say WHAAAT? You are my hero! PLEase do share how to grow and the whole process because my need for stevia is great but my pockets could use a little help!!!

Stevia grows crazy wild, buy a little plant from your local nursery or seeds from amazon for a buck, and you'll have natural sweetener for life! It grows as voraciously as mint plants do, I dug mine up and only keep it it pots now because it was overtaking my garden:tongue:

when the plants grow tall, cut the taller stalks off, rise, pull leaves off, dry like you would any fresh herb, I put them on a paper towel and just let them sit until dry, use a fine colander or mesh screen and a pestle to crumble/grind it up, stick in spice jar or ziploc, and voila!
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Tea - green, herbal and black (depending on the flavor sometimes with a little sugar and milk and sometimes with sugar and iced), milk, wine, and when I really want one, I have a coke. I log it, just as I would any other treat and move on with my life guilt free.

I mostly drink plain water because I know that I feel best when I do. I keep a small pitcher at my desk and just keep refilling my glass while I work.

A tip about tea - if you really want good tea, invest in a proper teapot with an infuse and find a tea house that sells a variety of flavors of loose leaf tea. The selection alone makes this worthwhile! One of my favorite hot day treats is an amazing green tea with peaches that I got form a local shop. Absolutely delicious iced and doesn't need any sugar at all. (If you're in Cincinnati go to Essencha in Oakley! :-) )
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options

:love:

I am so glad we are in concurrence. ;D