Anyone else suffer from anxiety disorders/depression?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I do indeed, it's so difficult sometimes and mine is coupled with a lowered esteem from a very rough childhood ( common I know ) . Exercising helps with some of the psychological effects but this site has often brought up a lot of anxiety for me from time to time so it's a conundrum.

I personally feeling constantly bombarded by pictures of people who are much better than me physically and it raises my anxiety level, not to mention the sheer number of cliques on the site that pat each other on the back and boost themselves up often at the expense of others on the forums.
  • kolakross
    kolakross Posts: 39
    Options
    I have anxiety attacks. They are not as many as they once were, but I get them. And when I do I sometimes try to "eat it out". It does suck, but I know that instead of letting it make me feel sad I move on ahead, as I've read many do when they for some reason slip off the trail.
    But I have seen a difference in my well being since I took up exercising daily, and that motivates me to do it even if the whole eating thing is off track.
    To stop myself from eating I try to keep busy, hang out with friends mostly since being in a crowd makes me feel worse.

As most of these things, if your condition is bad, contact a doctor and get help. It is harder to do on your own. Otherwise you'll only have to try and see what works for you, be it exercise or whatnot.
  • WandaJean1564
    WandaJean1564 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use to have anxiety attacks not in years though but sometimes I feel anxious when I am out in public..it only lasts a few minutes..a couple deep breaths helps and positive thinking
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You know statistically that there are a lot of people who suffer from depression or other mental illnesses but you don't realise until you see something like this how much we really aren't alone!
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Again I want to thank everyone for the responses. :heart:
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I'm bipolar. I'm stable on meds, but I always have to be doing something.

I have a 8:30-5 job during the week and a weekend job I just do for fun. I also take music classes 2 nights a week in addition to going to the gym.

I'm having my gall bladder out on the 15th and I'm going to be miserable the 2 weeks I can't lift anything over 10 lbs