Faking Stats? I wonder....

Options

Replies

• jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I guess they are out there, but I just wonder why you would do that. You're only cheating yourself!

I just think some really over exaggerate the "calories burned" like who burns 300 cals cooking supper for an hour? Are you working in a restaurant? Or are they just grossly misinformed? Or am I the one that's wrong?

If so then direct me to the kitchen :noway:
  • tomakehermine
    Options
    i am sure they do - people create fake profiles on every internet site - use other peoples photos & false information *shrugs* there is a great movie called catfish about this - i honestly don't know where people find the time.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Those people couldn't possibly be serious about their journey. I think you'd notice other things, like not logging or other inconsistencies, to go along with the suspected fakery. It's hard for me to imagine many people would do that.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    ive seen b*tches photoshop their own pictures...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I wonder about that too about ppl on MFP. Some of the pictures look like the 'after' pictures were really taking before....years before.... They are dated by the clothes they are wearing, or the quality of the picture....lol
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't see how they'd be helping anyone by faking stats... this site is supposed to keep track of diet and fitness so you can get a feeling of what works and what doesn't!
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I want to change mine to 110 pounds and have people think, "Hmm...is that biologically and logically possible?"

But yeah, why would you fake your stats? What a waste of time.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yep and when they eventually get found out it's never pretty. They even added rules to prevent people from faking results pics.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Try confronting someone you suspect of this... If you're right, they flip out... I didn't accuse anyone, but I mentioned that adding things like 5 minutes walking your kid to the bus stop isn't really helping cuz it's part of your TDEE, and she went bonkers. She never posted actual workouts, just justified eating more by adding things she did throughout the day.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I know a girl that claims she has 20% bf but is actually at 23%. She just lies about it for some reason. Meh.

I don't fake my stats simply because I never thought about it... Thinking about it, I don't care to show my progress to people. I put it here for me. Lies aren't reality... Losing 3lbs on this site and not in real life doesn't get you anywhere... just makes you a little more insane.
  • sofakingawesome69
    Options
    I fake lost 20 pounds, but then gained it back overnight just sleeping. Guess i will just say the truth. Seriously though, I am doing things here so that I can have accountability to myself. I see just what I eat and it amazes me that i can sure eat a lot of the "good" stuff. Sucks passing up some of the goodies I am used to, but I know in the end I will be PHAT in stead of FAT...
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    That would be their loss!

Their gain you mean :laugh: :laugh:
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about people faking stats. It never crossed my mind until I saw this post. I joined MFP for me and was logging just for myself for awhile before I added friends.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Some people will always fake on the internet..... or in bed.

Love it. I dont fake anything.

No matter wether its weight loss, exercise or in bed. It will only leave an empty feeling. Why bother.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Never even thought about it! I removed my "automatic posts" on newsfeed about when I complete my diary, how many days I've logged in, and finally I even removed my daily exercise posts. Because really, I don't need people to say "WTG!" or "Happy 250!" to help improve my life. But I also recognize that there are many, many mentally unstable people out there--- and for today at least, I hope I'm not one of 'em!
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    Try to think the best of people. Don't whittle on God's end of the stick!! Goodness knows life is stressful enough for us as it is :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm sure people do. But it doesn't bother me as much as when people take "progress photos" or "before and afters" and the newer photo is them sucking their stomachs in. Makes me laugh.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I don't. It kinda defeats the purpose of the website lol
  • Stringy1121
    Stringy1121 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    They are only cheating themselves if so!
    "Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down"
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I purposefully only post half my workouts.