Faking Stats? I wonder....

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I simply adore how you all assume that everyone that lies about their stats lies in their own favor.

If I workout for 108 minutes, I only log 100.
    If it says I burned 398 calories, I usually type in 350.
    If i ate a bagel and it says it was 172 calories, I put in 200.

I purposefully post my stats against myself, to keep myself pushing harder.

And I only log half my workouts cause I dont like the backlash from the lazies telling me Im obsessed.

lol or calling my workouts FAKE.
    I think you're just being realistic. MFP burns seem to be higher, and its better to estimate in a cautious manner. That's definitely not the kind of "faking" the OP seemed to be implying (she did say 'to get praise"...and clearly you aren't looking for that when you play down your stats)
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Faking or exaggerating? I'm sure everyone exaggerates to some extent. Who hasn't caught a fish 'THIS BIG!!'? If someone is actually faking losing weight just to be on here, then they should probably go out and try to make some friends in the really real world.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I haven't logged my 3 pound gain, but it's to motivate me so I won't have to.

And I have it set to not even tell people when I exercise.
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    well that woul just be like cheating on solitare really

the only person ur cheating is your self
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Some people will always fake on the internet..... or in bed.

Accept it as a fact of life.

LOL @ or in bed! So TRUE!
  • niightwind
    niightwind Posts: 81
    Options
    Does it matter? They're only cheating themselves. It's stupid.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    they can fake it all they want to & post whatever they want... results DON'T LIE!!!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Well, its not like their someone you should get upset over lieing. Just gives you more of a reason to push harder right?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    In fact my whole profile is fake, the exercise I log never even did it, the food yea I ate somethng totally different.
    I'm really 500 lbs sitting in a bean bag chair eating cheetos, joke is on you.
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    I don't log when I sleep eat...just sayin
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    Sure. I don't understand why anyone would do that, but I'm sure it happens. The only stats that are important are your own, anyway. Even the fakers know they're faking it. Puzzling, isn't it?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, I will be honest, I think that there are a lot of people posting losses like every single day which are probably just fluctuations because they are weighing themselves every day.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I log everything! I can't see the point in cheating yourself as well as others by misrepresenting here. I even use the lower calorie expenditures my FitBit account gives me for activities just to be on the safe side because MFPs calculations are much more generous.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    They have low self esteem and they need a fake identity to feel better.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I couldn't fake anything if I wanted to...my husband and two of my sisters and two of my nieces are my friends on here...so they would know if I was lying about the amount of weight I was recording, especially since I wouldn't look any different!! LOL

I'm sure there are those who do it but like everyone else said...they are only hurting themselves!
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    Well, I will be honest, I think that there are a lot of people posting losses like every single day which are probably just fluctuations because they are weighing themselves every day.

I used to do that, but then I was losing a whole pound every day, too.
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    They are only really hurting themselves in the long run if they are. I think that is sad!:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Never wondered... don't care what other people do. That would be their loss!

This. How does them faking effect you? Worry about yourself.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I lied about my name. I'm sorry. :sad:
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If you're on here to impress others than you've already failed in my opinion.