Offensive? Speed dating - women under sz 8 labels checked

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I really think about this. I definitely have a personal asthetic, but I would have missed out on a couple of fun boyfriends over the years if I stuck strictly to it. At the same time, how many times do we hear about someone's online dating disaster "so I drove up and they were [shorter, taller, older, heavier] than their online picture and profile said so I just drove away.

As far as the comparison to women who want sugar daddies, honestly that argument doesn't hold water in this scenario because there are niche-y websites based strictly on women and men looking for that relationship.

I don't know, we're all looking for something, so why not make it easier to find it?
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The irony here is that a woman can wear a variety of sizes, depending on who made the clothing, because there is no "standard" sizing.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Who would this motivate?

The jeans I'm wearing today are 6s but the work trousers I wore yesterday were 10s. Am I in or not?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think it's great!

Get all the shallow d-bags together with people who like being judged for their clothing size, and let them make each other miserable.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I think it's great!

Get all the shallow d-bags together with people who like being judged for their clothing size, and let them make each other miserable.

^^^^awesome response!!!:laugh:
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    omg, would skip on principle...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    funny thing is i lived in NYC for a long time and went to a few speed dating events with friends. one had a height requirement for guys and they also checked at the door. i thought it was hilarious because my friend who's 5'9 likes taller men and what she was running to online was a bunch of guys who would say they were 5'11 and when she'd meet them they'd be more like 5'7 :laugh:

and yeah guys who didnt meet the height requirement went allowed in
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I hope they're checking his bank account and job at the door too.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I skimmed this. Are fat dudes admitted?
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I hope they're checking his bank account and job at the door too.

Yes!
  • saintsfanatik
    saintsfanatik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Isn't this the kind of behavior that make young girls do ANYTHING just to be skinny....anything, to the point of hurting themselves to be "accepted"?

Will society ever place such demands on a man to have washboard abs, a 10inch pen!$, and a head full of hair..............to be considered "attractive"?

Men need money. Women need tiny waists and big tits.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

I like the cut of your jib, ma'am!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Who cares? If you don't agree, don't go.

I know what I want, and I'll stop when I find it.

Under a size 10 isn't skinny. It's fit and healthy.
  • Bizeebec150
    Bizeebec150 Posts: 88
    Options
    It is no different to a BBW meet is it. Is that OK because it is "big" women only?

Agreed - anything related to dating is always going to be preference / I just find it sad to limit yourself one way or the other.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm a size four...and anyone who would only consider dating me because of my size is too much of a douche for me.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I skimmed this. Are fat dudes admitted?

Only the rich fat dudes so it could be fair
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I think its great. They let me know right up front that no matter what size I am, I am not interested in the people that are going to be there!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Proud + size 10 girl here.
    Everyone is entitled to thier opinion and preference.

With that being said....
    <
    Too bad they would miss out on all this :laugh: :tongue:
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    takingnameskickingbutt Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think it's just stupid! I understand preferences and television, but it's just not very smart.

Obviously a woman who is a size 10 and is 5'11 looks quite a bit different from a woman who is the same size whom is eleven inches shorter.

Either way, who cares!
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fat women* are pretty rare in NYC from my observation (other than tourists I suppose). This is meant to be controversial and garner attention as opposed to truly weeding out a large segment of the population. I think they should have a "buff guys only" speed dating event. I volunteer to do "buffness checking" at the door.

*not implying that size 8 is fat - on some people it might be and others it surely would not be

Do you live in NYC? Because I do, and I know, see, and socialize with tons of people who are bigger than a size 8. So many people.
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    sounds like just another cop out for guys who don't have the nards to go up to a woman and talk to her.