Replies

• WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Huh. How 'bout that.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    She is a size 8-10 US (12 UK). Id have relations with her... hell id have relations with her if she was 20 pounds more....
    69dzk5.jpg

Beautiful and sexy size 14:
    k1583o.jpg

I dont find her, size 22, unattractive.
    2w7n1ur.png

These types of articles is why we feel so pressured to lose weight. >:(
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It is a MEAT MARKET! When you go buy meat for all the meat eaters, do you get the leanest meat you can find? LOL now if I am going to bbq some meat I need SOME FAT for FLAVOR!~ Flavor is what is going to be missing at that event LMAO
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    No it is not offensive because it's just personal preference. Some people like skinny, average, chubby and fat.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I think it's just stupid! I understand preferences and television, but it's just not very smart.

Obviously a woman who is a size 10 and is 5'11 looks quite a bit different from a woman who is the same size whom is eleven inches shorter.

Either way, who cares!

So the sites that are for BBW only are ok?

What she is saying is that basing it on a size is stupid because a 8 is going to look different on everyone. BBW is pretty much the same. You can be BBW at 5'2 or 6'4...but a size 8 is going to look different on those same height measurements. 5'2 can be a size 8 and overweight. Are they going to turn her away? Why? She fits the criteria. Size 8 doesn't mean skinny across the board.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. Those guys will be missing out on a LOT of really hot girls... but I guess that'll just save those girls for guys who really deserve them.
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would automatically not be interested in the sort of man that would deliberately attend an event like this. Whatever size I might be, that would prevent me from attending regardless.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a size 14. Those guys will be missing out on a LOT of really hot girls... but I guess that'll just save those girls for guys who really deserve them.

She was also a 1950's size 14, just sayin'
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    uh

size 10 when you're 6 ft tall is like being size 5 @ 5'6" just saying
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    Ahhh, one of my favorite lines: "I have a PREFERENCE, that doesn't mean I'm SHALLOW." Ummmm....sorry to burst your self-righteous bubble, but if you are going to only allow in women of a certain size (whether that is skinny or fat) and make that one of the sole requirements of your dating pool, then yes, you are being shallow. People don't like to be called that, but it's the truth. Much like fat chicks usually don't really like to be called fat, but it's the truth. The truth hurts. I'm fat, but at least I'm not shallow.

With that being said, at least they're being honest? I guess???? What a bunch of flaming *kitten*! Have fun!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Fat women* are pretty rare in NYC from my observation (other than tourists I suppose). This is meant to be controversial and garner attention as opposed to truly weeding out a large segment of the population. I think they should have a "buff guys only" speed dating event. I volunteer to do "buffness checking" at the door.

*not implying that size 8 is fat - on some people it might be and others it surely would not be

Do you live in NYC? Because I do, and I know, see, and socialize with tons of people who are bigger than a size 8. So many people.

exactly. there are mamny many overweight an obese people in nyc, same as anywhere else.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Even if I was a size zero, I wouldn't subject myself to meet men that are specifically searching for a clothing size. The whole concept seems bizarre. It is speed dating right? If you aren't attracted to someone does it really matter if you only have to spend a few minutes talking to them? I mean, are you really that shallow that you couldn't even speak to a size ten? Besides, I have met size 10's that look smaller and healthier than size 2's.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Fat women* are pretty rare in NYC from my observation (other than tourists I suppose). This is meant to be controversial and garner attention as opposed to truly weeding out a large segment of the population. I think they should have a "buff guys only" speed dating event. I volunteer to do "buffness checking" at the door.

*not implying that size 8 is fat - on some people it might be and others it surely would not be

Do you live in NYC? Because I do, and I know, see, and socialize with tons of people who are bigger than a size 8. So many people.

exactly. there are mamny many overweight an obese people in nyc, same as anywhere else.

there are also tons and tons and tons of sexy healthy people here too. We're Gotham. We rule all. (mostly because almost all of us have feet for cars and our fast food is super healthy and we hae that badass obesity tax :D)
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

This urban legend again? Not with a 23" waist. (For the record, my 5-year old daughter's waist is 22"). No way in hell she's a modern 14.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/mmdress.asp

FWIW, those plus-size models upthread are undeniably attractive.
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I get that everyone has their preference. I have mine too. But I also think about how your weight and size fluctuate over the years and where you're at in your life. How awful to worry about "if I go up a clothing size is he still going to find me attractive? Or have I crossed the line?" That would be an awful way to live.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Plus, your size 8 is more like a size 14 in this day and ages clothing companies.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    I get that everyone has their preference. I have mine too. But I also think about how your weight and size fluctuate over the years and where you're at in your life. How awful to worry about "if I go up a clothing size is he still going to find me attractive? Or have I crossed the line?" That would be an awful way to live.

If you go to a 6, you can afford to go up 1.

I kid.
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Well if that is the case, I hope they only let guys through the door with 6+ inches of steel....

Seems fair to me.

Start a group and no one will complain. If that's what you want, so be it.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    They have sites where only plus sizes can apply, so why not this?
  • mrmanmeat
    Options
    Extremely offensive.

I'd love to see my mom walk in with not one tag on her clothing for them to check to verify her dress size. She makes a lot of her own clothes.

How is it offensive?

As said, it's all about preference. Just accept it as this, you know you wouldn't want to date someone like that. So you have no reason to go. It's not offensive, America is just obsessed with the word offensive lately if it's something someone doesn't agree with (not saying you only, generally speaking).