Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• nessvsgiygas
    nessvsgiygas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not even trying to enter the realm of Blowing Hot Air, here. My nerdiness is not meant to appeal to the eyes, and if it does--I still won't fall for it unless it can be matched with a strikingly similar personality...not a cute, fashion-foward, hipster-wannabe.

Some of these posts......................./facepalm

Ooohhh how I miss the days of the true, unpopular, overly-excited nerd...that's the kind I'm into. None of that faux "Because I'm popular, I can turn cliches I used to take a royal dump on into trends!" bs.

Sounds very "hipster" to me :ohwell: :ohwell:

Pretentious is the word you're looking for.

But nah. You don't know me, bro. Relying solely on stereotypes, I'm uninteresting, unfashionable, too quiet, don't own an iPhone or iPod or i...anything other than a Mac. I hate social gatherings, therefore, I can't even attempt to seem cool and hip and "with it" to anyone. Which.......well, is why I said I wasn't attempting to blow hot air.

Oh wait. Let me add a smiley so others won't think I'm being a ****. :bigsmile:
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Not even trying to enter the realm of Blowing Hot Air, here. My nerdiness is not meant to appeal to the eyes, and if it does--I still won't fall for it unless it can be matched with a strikingly similar personality...not a cute, fashion-foward, hipster-wannabe.

Some of these posts......................./facepalm

Ooohhh how I miss the days of the true, unpopular, overly-excited nerd...that's the kind I'm into. None of that faux "Because I'm popular, I can turn cliches I used to take a royal dump on into trends!" bs.

Sounds very "hipster" to me :ohwell: :ohwell:

Pretentious is the word you're looking for.

LOL, I thought they were one and the same.

I don't own an iThing either LOL

Thanks for the smiley, if that wasn't added.....woo....written off completely because I would have NO IDEA what you were talking about ;)
  • Littlemisssunshine79
    Options
    Sigh.... Geeks..... :blushing:
  • nessvsgiygas
    Options

Haha and even though Maladroit was indeed a Weezer album (and I love them), that's not the meaning behind the name.

I am the clumsiest person you'll ever meet........simply...maladroit.

Lol - I had kind of guessed that you were using maladroit in a different context but was trying to be a smartass. Which is better than being a dumbass I guess. Which I am known to be on occasion....

I have a theory that clumsiness is actually a reliable indicator of nerdiness. Our minds are concentrated on processing more complex information, constructs and ideas that they leave inconsequential details, like not walking into doors...or putting your hand in the toaster...as minor, trivial concerns.

HAHAAA, I'm quite the dumbass myself. I know that feel, bro.

......and now...I am adapting your view on clumsiness. Almost humbles it a bit.

It's definitely not as endearing as some people think it is though... o.o I trip going up the stairs...and shut my head in car doors if that gives you a clue...I also look like I've been beaten by Mike Tyson with all the bruises and battle scars I've received.

u___u Le sigh.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

It's definitely not as endearing as some people think it is though... o.o I trip going up the stairs...and shut my head in car doors if that gives you a clue...I also look like I've been beaten by Mike Tyson with all the bruises and battle scars I've received.

u___u Le sigh.

Good lord, you make clumsiness sound like an extreme sport. Hmmmm, you could make a fortune on pay per view. Just rig up a webcam on a helmet and indulge the general public's love of Schadenfreude.

I am asserting my intellectual property rights over the idea and we can split the royalties!

I love it when a plan comes together. You see? I quote "The A Team". What a dork. I mean geek. No, I mean nerd.

Nuts.
  • nessvsgiygas
    Options

Good lord, you make clumsiness sound like an extreme sport. Hmmmm, you could make a fortune on pay per view. Just rig up a webcam on a helmet and indulge the general public's love of Schadenfreude.

I am everyone's Schadenfreude...
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    I'm not competing at all, but I just wanted to say that a family that plays table-top D & D together stays together. Also, if Felicia Day was on here, she'd have my vote hands down. Love that chick! :D

Family D&D is cool and definitely up there for nerdiness qualification - how's it work with sibling rivalry or is that not an issue for your family?

Oh, it's an issue! Me (32) and my older brother (36) compete to see who's the better dungeon master. That would be me. Although, he does draw better looking maps. He does graphic design for a living where as I draw stick figures. xD The family only gets to see each other once a year so we always look forward to playing the new campaigns we make then. My nephew (12) is hilarious.He always rolls a strength check to see if he can rip apart his downed enemies and use their limbs as swords. A severed arm-bone has +2 to piercing. ;)
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Excellent - lol. I've always liked to use a severed limb as a sword, I tend to find the other parents allow me to park where I like on the school run!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

I am everyone's Schadenfreude...

You should audition for Takeshi's Castle. You would be a superstar!

Ok, now I must depart to bring balance to the force...
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I too should probably resign from this thread, I had to google Schadenfreude, I'm obviously not well read or intellectual enough!!!! But on the other hand it's an expression that does fit me too!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've run a weekly D&D game since I was 12. I paint miniatures, play warhammer, 40k, write my own video games, and model little terrain for my litlte miniatures to kill themselves on. My latest project is to finish my tomb kings army up for our warhammer league and get a blood bowl pitch complete (fantasy football with orcs, skeletons, elves, where they try to kill each other) for a tournament in June.

Epic levels of my geek can be found:

http://bloodbowl.chrisnye.net
    http://40k.chrisnye.net
    http://warhammer.chrisnye.net

Youtube auticusx and you will find a bunch of warhammer videos I did as well as old bands of mine playing ;)

If you haven't guessed... LOTR is my favorite set of books and movies, I prefer Star Wars over Star Trek, and I hated the D&D movies.

I'm also big into power metal and metal opera and that's the kind of music I prefer playing as well (drums, vocals, guitar, piano). The picture is of me at a band p hoto shoot (we wore armor). I also fight in the SCA so I'm an armor nerd.

If you'll excuse me I have a mummy lineman I need to finish painting and I need to roll some stats up for my next character. *snort*
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Fit_Canuck

his eyes are totally dreamy....

Seconded!!!
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    I gotta agree :) Love nerds :)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd because I would rather read books than put on make up and make myself look pretty.
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I'm completely and thoroughly entertained by this thread. Jus' sayin'.

I think I might have to nominate pinup if no one has yet :bigsmile:
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Umm, your not wearing glasses...
    _christine_ definitely.

The glasses only make me look smart. I can neither spell nor do that there grammar thing right.

But thank ya! ;)
  • jedibunny
    Options

Agreed Ender's Game was awesome - got lame for a bit, but then bounced back - did you hear they might be making a movie?

What about Bender's Game?? >.>
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Well okay, I'll play :)

Let's see: I'm a bit of a music nerd, love me some '80's rock. I love Start Wars AND Star Trek (yes, even Enterprise has it's loveable moments). I love all things zombie, I even have a Zombie board game! I'm also a huge Joss Whedon fan, love Firefly, Dr. Horrible's singalong blog, and The Avengers (Saw it twice, so far).

I'm a gamer at heart though, started with Super Mario 1 (hence the *****in shoes), and am now getting into Star Wars online and DIII. I have played all sorts of RPG's, but my faves include NWN, BG, BG SOA and HOMM3.

I'm currently reading The Dark Tower series, and I'm loving it!

I am also the unnofficial IT guru of the Human Resources Dept... I swear I should have gone into IT years ago!

Oh, and I think I'm sorta pretty lol: 14576491_7613.jpg
  • jedibunny
    Options
    I play Diablo 3.

There is no cow level.

There is a rainbow level, though.

p.s. Zombie - ok, you and pinup and geekly can fight it out. lol
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    Nerdy? I might have a chance. Hottest, probley not, but i'm a solid 5.5 maybe a 9 if your drunk. :)

Nerd Resume:

- I attempted to teach my kid magic the gathering before she learned to walk.
    - I once put a condom on before sex and was like "sweet!!!! +5 to love making"
    - I wear socks with sandles
    - I speak Elvish, Fluently
    - I was named MVP in my Belegarth guild with the assistance of my trustworth Masamune skills, 3 times.
    - I earned my Level 3 Judge Card for magic the gathering before my associates degree.
    - My computer monitor is bigger than my TV
    - My GPA (3.97) is higher than the number of girls i've slept with (1)

Do I win yet? :drinker: