Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm a word nerd, love the Dune and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, and would watch Merlin and Stargate repeatedly if it weren't for the dang kids.:bigsmile:
    Untitled-1.jpg

Loves Merlin...Winner

YAY!!! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
    I'm loading up an episode right now. :bigsmile:

I never win anything. Well that's not true, I won one of those guess the # of jelly beans in a jar contests ten years ago. The prize was the jar of jellybeans, and I don't even like them. Not sure if that counts then...
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I've worked in IT for nearly 2 decades, designed websites when all that was available was HTML, and once helped Johnson Space Center select an IP network camera to attach to a rover that was training in the dessert. They were testing remote control for a possible space project. I love that I was a part of that... even if I'll never know if that project got scrapped or not. Things like this excite me... so yes, I'm a nerd. :D
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The nerdiest thing about me is knowing binary code. And if reading the Dark Tower series counts then add that too lol.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Nerd central = Ket_the_jet.
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    A noble gas walks into a bar. The bartender says "sorry, we don't serve noble gases in here." The noble gas did not react.

thanks for the chuckle!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    <~~~~

Seriously people, I write science fiction/fantasy, have a library of scifi/fantasy books that requires multiple trips to the moving truck to transport, forge knives and swords (yes, with a hammer, anvil, and fire), have had a max level end game raid geared toon in in four major MMORPG's pretty much continuously since 1999, in one of which I carried top ranger on the server title for four years.

I build my own computers, am a whiz at photoshop, poser, 3ds max, and know what to do to keep things running straight, even when Windows doesn't.

It doesn't get nerdier than that.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    <~~~~

Seriously people, I write science fiction/fantasy, have a library of scifi/fantasy books that requires multiple trips to the moving truck to transport, forge knives and swords (yes, with a hammer, anvil, and fire), have had a max level end game raid geared toon in in four major MMORPG's pretty much continuously since 1999, in one of which I carried top ranger on the server title for four years.

I build my own computers, am a whiz at photoshop, poser, 3ds max, and know what to do to keep things running straight, even when Windows doesn't.

Knives?!?! :love:
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    <~~~~

Knives?!?! :love:

Yes Miss.

EDC.jpg

This I've been carrying every day for years.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm a network administrator by trade, and programmer for fun. I play games (when I can) as well - and have been tearing up D3 co-op with friends. Loving Sci-Fi and watch documentaries about the universe nearly every night before bed. Bonus points: This is my bedroom... Anyone recognize? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/CqlIF.jpg

... Aww, forums only show half the image. Link is above!

CqlIF.jpg

Where or where can I buy these prints???
  • numberscolors
    numberscolors Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm the "Alpha Nerd" in my group of nerds... true story...

I used to think I was shy until I became a software developer...and met other developers...

Also, I'm game for more nerd friends... if you've every used a spreadsheet to calculate your calories in and out and had it mathematically match your overall weight loss trend over the course of several months, you know where I'm coming from.

Or played Chrono Trigger (and fracking loved it), that makes you a-okay in my book.

The fact that you use "frack" in conversation is awesome. I said something was "frackin amazing" once and people looked at me weird. lol

LOL yeah, finally got another of my buddies to watch bsg the other day... OH and both my girls LOVE doctor who :happy:
    Doctor Who is on my list of shows I really need to watch but my problem is that I've started too many new shows and I want to watch them all at once. lol
    Speaking of British shows.... Have you seen the IT Crowd? Funny as hell! :bigsmile:

I freakin' love The IT Crowd! So sad it's been cancelled! :sad:

VIVA IT CROWD! seriously. has anyone seen Garth Merenghi's Darkplace? or The Mighty Boosh? Snuff Box? Look Around You? i think Matt Berry is in every single one of those shows. he's a magical genius.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've read through the whole thread which is surely a sign of nerdiness. Whilst there are lots of people with IT nerdiness (which has to be admired), there are far too many of them for anyone to stand out as the hottest. I therefore feel I must qualify (at least for consideration) because I am English and what's more I am an accountant.

In nerd terms accountancy ranks alongside IT because:

* you never tell women you want to impress at parties what you do and.....
    * telling women (or anyone really) that you are an accountant makes them very thirsty, they have to go find a drink straight away. Alone

Oh and I love IT crowd and it still gets plenty of plays in the UK. I also love Hitchhikers and have an xbox

Do I qualify?
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I play Diablo 3.

There is no cow level.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I play Diablo 3.

There is no cow level.

Oh.

My.

In pure hotness...you've got me beat by ten miles.

I caught your reference though...so in nerdiness we're at least equal.

Which means you win...lol.
  • nevertoolate2
    Options
    I second that on nerd grounds and because Julie will look a hellovalot hotter in a bikini than you, sorry fella
  • JulieH3art
    Options
    I also used to play World of Warcraft, was in a guild and went to another country to party with my guild mates. I love to read, esp. fantasy and sci fi. I've been to the last four midnight sales of the Harry Potter books, and my favourite person is Douglas Adams. I played his game Starship Titanic alllll the way through to the end. I used to wear glasses that were -6.0 (now I wear contacts) and had acne so severe that I needed two types of medication for it.

I'm pretty nerdy.
  • nevertoolate2
    Options
    Ok so on the Douglas Adams front did you read the Dirk Gently books and the meaning of Liff? What about the audio series of HHGTG? Lets test your credentials?
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    Nerds are sexy :)
  • nevertoolate2
    Options
    I second that too, at least that is what I keep telling my wife!
  • JulieH3art
    Options
    Ok so on the Douglas Adams front did you read the Dirk Gently books and the meaning of Liff? What about the audio series of HHGTG? Lets test your credentials?

I read the Dirk Gently series, listened to the radio show of HHGTG, I read Salmon of Doubt and all the articles that were published on dna.com AND I read the book published post-humously and written by Eoin Colfer "And Another Thing...". I've seen the BBC Hitchhiker's TV show, and I've seen the movie (which I hate except for the part where Ford Prefect is black). I've also written and submitted an article for h2g2.com.

edit: and Meaning of Liff too, of course :)
  • nevertoolate2
    Options
    I LOVE YOU! ;-)