Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Its been said that people say that intelligence is sexy and with the hottest gal/guy threads going on strong ..thought it would be fun to see who the MFP community thinks is the hottest geek/nerd .. Nominees can be either male or female

ME ME ME on the guy side. I'm so nerdy that I don't even bother with pics. I've got more computing equipment in my house and office than NASA. And my stuff WORKS, unlike NASA.....

I mean, you measure Geek hottness based on quality and quantity of technology devices, right?
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Ive read the entire A Song of Ice & Fire saga......and I have a printed out map of Westeros

magical nerdiness, even. well done!

oh please, Ice and Fire? Such a mainstream fad. I've read ALL of L Ron Hubbard's scifi books before he became a god and founded Scientology.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I circle typos in books and have an Excel spreadsheet outlining my budget - by week - for the next five years.

Oh man I do too! I drive my friends crazy pointing out grammar errors, even on menus in restaurants!

I underline typos in books and notice them (with annoyance) in online news articles. After my 2nd interview for my current job (legal researcher/technical writer) I pointed out a typo on the company's website to my future supervisor...I got the job...and now everyone comes to me for "typo checks" haha.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I put Super Mario Brothers on my brand new laptop last week. I even played it with a USB controller in the airport.

I still have my Amiga500 from the 1980s and have even written a couple programs for it.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    If it's Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, or anything in league with those, I've read it.

If it's a video game, online or offline, I'm probably better than you.

And yes, I'll probably kick your butt at the gym as well!

Is that the kind of nerdy we're talking about?

to quote a great tv show. "Marry me!"
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Ive read the entire A Song of Ice & Fire saga......and I have a printed out map of Westeros

Shut your whole entire face...and I added you without even KNOWING that. ^This guy
    There's people that haven't read that? I mean, I know one, maybe two, but really?

I could list the geek books I've read, but there is a character limit on posts. But I do build my own computers :smile:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Auticus. That is a sexy sexy man.

Ditto that, and he's not even on my friends list.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Auticus. That is a sexy sexy man.

Ditto that, and he's not even on my friends list.

He's seriously the total package. Hot, hot hot and extremely intelligent.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I already know who is the hottest 'nerd' on MFP (though I don't actually think he's a nerd at all)

I won't say his name though... he already knows. I tell him all the time he's a hot nerd and that I dig his nerd speak.
  • catshark209
    Options
    I've read the Dark Tower series, dunno if that qualifies as "nerdy".
    I'm also all about the NCR, 100000 XP points if you know what that is.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    I already know who is the hottest 'nerd' on MFP (though I don't actually think he's a nerd at all)

I won't say his name though... he already knows. I tell him all the time he's a hot nerd and that I dig his nerd speak.

Fredward Benson is on MFP??
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I'm hoping you are talking Fallout. I always preferred the Brotherhood. They made me feel like a paladin, old school.
  • rjt1000
    Options

I spent years working in bars and nightclubs. to me, NCR is and will always be National Cash Register company, the makers of many cash register and now Point of Sale systems.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    My nominee for female is Codergal. Woot!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm a systems administrator who loves Doctor Who. I've read tons of science fiction, Neal Stephenson, William Gibson and Dan Simmons are my favorite authors. I am also a semi-professional singer, mostly Baroque music (Bach, Handel, Telemann). Does that make me MORE or LESS geeky??

I'm on my linux box at the moment, Windows 7 is running as a virtual machine right now but I only use it for work so it's minimized... :)
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    All the people on my friends list may not be nerds or geeks but they definitely are d8a63eb8.gifHOT!
    2a67ee80-1.gif
    2a67ee80-1.gif
    2a67ee80-1.gif
  • catshark209
    Options
    I'm hoping you are talking Fallout. I always preferred the Brotherhood. They made me feel like a paladin, old school.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!! Say thankya! (DT reference).
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I gotta get in on this one! I totally embrace my geekdom by working with computers, electronics, programming code and gadgets. Our house if full of Star Wars movies, books, costumes, toys and action figures... but I'll always be a Trekkie at heart. :) I draw the line at comic books though. LOL!

Edit to add: I just spent the afternoon putting out fires with crashed servers and configuring routers. :)
  • frodolives19
    Options
    Nerdy guys are pretty attractive to me. lol

Idk if I'm considered a nerd haha. I'm a school fanatic; I love learning, going to college and I cry when the semester ends. Does that count as nerdy? haha
  • Sunscreenandsweat
    Sunscreenandsweat Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. =]