Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm a word nerd, love the Dune and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, and would watch Merlin and Stargate repeatedly if it weren't for the dang kids.:bigsmile:

Happy towel day tomorrow!

Remember the answer is 42

and remember, don't panic.

Oh, another reason to vote for me: I snort laugh. Chronically.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    _christine_ definitely.

The glasses only make me look smart. I can neither spell nor do that there grammar thing right.

But thank ya! ;)

You like comic books, superheroes and other geeky things........you win

I got that beat. I write fantasy novels and not only do I collect comics but I also wrote one. Oh yea that's right. I'm a big geek! *does dorky geek dance* :bigsmile:
    I have a cryptex on my desk that I won from Google Da Vinici code Quest ... 24 puzzles one of a few thousand who finished
    I got one of those too! hehehe
  • glonigan
    glonigan Posts: 82
    Options
    <
    working on 3 hours of sleep after pc gaming session last night. Does that count?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I can speak Excel and VBA and read technical manuals for fun. That's gotta qualify...

I love visual basic

excel is my mistress

personally I speak PERL and SQL.. Teaching myself VB

Write once, read never.

(VB.net right, not...the old vb?)

When BrettPGH gets in here I'm pretty sure he'll give thatdude a run for his money on the arms.

Wait, I think *I* can win that with my shoulder pic. Lets see...where'd I put that...
  • rosesedge
    rosesedge Posts: 36
    Options
    Do I get a shot? I'm wearing a cyberman mask - and it was (one of) my 21st present(s) from my flatmate! This is a decent indication of the level of geek I qualify for.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Orson Scott Card anyone ?

Meee! I actually dig The Tales of Alvin Maker. Oh, yeah. Hardcore nerd.
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love large brains :love:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I circle typos in books and have an Excel spreadsheet outlining my budget - by week - for the next five years.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    So Diablo III. What the heck happened.
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    I gotta win this one.

I come with Pi...

Phi is one 'H' of a lot cooler than Pi...
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Fit_Canuck

his eyes are totally dreamy....

Yay! I have a vote! :)

And yeah...42 is where it's at! Plus I know what G.N.D.N means in the original Star Trek series...bam! Max Geek cred!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You know what, I nominate me... because I think I'm pretty damn attractive and I spent six hours raiding today on my druid and priest and paladin... and because I just spent 40.00 on eBay to finish up my modern Bant exalted deck. :( I can write you up an old-school website with HTML and CSS if you'd like.

I'm the wrong kind of nerd.
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    This has to be a carryover from the Weeping Angels Thread.
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does having The Robot from Lost in Space on a keychain count? When you push down on it's head it's says things like "That does not compute" and "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!"

I have a cryptex on my desk that I won from Google Da Vinici code Quest ... 24 puzzles one of a few thousand who finished

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I does not has the brain power to suffice such a feat. I know there was a lot of negativity towards it, I think it was the normies causing an uproar!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Can we self-nominate? I have serious geek credentials.
    For instance, right now, I'm working on solving a problem using a zero inflated negative binomial regression using Stata.

I win.:wink:

oh yeah!!!
    Im (seriously BTW):
    MS Certified Professional
    MS Certified System Admin
    A+
    Network +
    Security+
    Citrix Certified Admin
    MS office Certified
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Orson Scott Card anyone ?

Boom - just got you nominated
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I circle typos in books and have an Excel spreadsheet outlining my budget - by week - for the next five years.

Oh man I do too! I drive my friends crazy pointing out grammar errors, even on menus in restaurants!
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    ohhh snap. this is my type of competition!! :-P
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Can I self nominate?

I'm doing a double graduate degree in two different science fields at the same time? I also really love RPG's. I study roman history in my free time (which is nonexistent in the last 6 months) specializing in the rise of the Julio-Claudians. I understand the theory of relativity, and have a subscription to Science.