Replies

• iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Ive written fan fiction about Firefly/Serenity
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I'm a word nerd, love the Dune and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, and would watch Merlin and Stargate repeatedly if it weren't for the dang kids.:bigsmile:

Happy towel day tomorrow!

Remember the answer is 42

Don't Panic
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i think definitions of "nerd" and "geek" need to be laid out here. Because I would not have even thought of "gamers"...I think who's got the most books and knows the quadratic equation by heart, understands Einstein's theory of relatively, uses the word "mesopotamia" on the regular, and would rather study the latin names of plants than watch TV.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Can we self-nominate? I have serious geek credentials.
    For instance, right now, I'm working on solving a problem using a zero inflated negative binomial regression using Stata.

I win.:wink:

oh yeah!!!
    Im (seriously BTW):
    MS Certified Professional
    MS Certified System Admin
    A+
    Network +
    Security+
    Citrix Certified Admin
    MS office Certified

Real l33t techs like me don't need "certificates" ;) I use em' to wrap birthday presents!

Oh and I'm a Cisco CCNA ...BAM!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    oh yeah!!!
    Im (seriously BTW):
    MS Certified Professional
    MS Certified System Admin
    A+
    Network +
    Security+
    Citrix Certified Admin
    MS office Certified

Okay, I find those qualifications acceptable and completely sexy! That makes me even nerdier, right?
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Orson Scott Card anyone ?

Boom - just got you nominated

Please. OSC's only decent work was Ender's Game. The rest of his shiznit was virtually unreadable. Take it up a notch with some Gravity's Rainbow: "A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now."
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ive written fan fiction about Firefly/Serenity

I. LOVE. FIREFLY.

I want to read your stuff now. :bigsmile:
  • Motivation
    Motivation Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You know what, I nominate me... because I think I'm pretty damn attractive and I spent six hours raiding today on my druid and priest and paladin... and because I just spent 40.00 on eBay to finish up my modern Bant exalted deck. :( I can write you up an old-school website with HTML and CSS if you'd like.

I'm the wrong kind of nerd.

Sounds like you may have survived Diablo III , or my friend just chose a horrible server. The raid finder is overrated :(
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    i think definitions of "nerd" and "geek" need to be laid out here. Because I would not have even thought of "gamers"...I think who's got the most books and knows the quadratic equation by heart, understands Einstein's theory of relatively, uses the word "mesopotamia" on the regular, and would rather study the latin names of plants than watch TV.

Yey by that definition I qualify! Whooo!! :-D

I'd generally consider a nerd as a "gamer" and a geek as a "intelectual" if that makes sense....
    Could differ by country/region though. xxx
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    ohhh snap. this is my type of competition!! :-P

ok you are nominated :bigsmile: lol
  • camilopayan
    Options
    Ive read the entire A Song of Ice & Fire saga......and I have a printed out map of Westeros
    Pff, you had to print it out? I've got it memorized. Now to figure out Essos...
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    I can actually enter this one. My claim to fame: I have two daughters (16 and 13) and all of their friends have my cell # on speed dial so they can quickly get hold of me to help with their math homework. I'm helping around a dozen girls get through school.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I have already married _Christine_ on here and requested GRRM as the officiant.

My kids listen to Rachmaninoff and watch Into the Universe. They are 3 and 5.

I answered Dude's equation for FL sexytime thread WITH ANOTHER EQUATION.

And my mom is STILL the hottest woman on MFP. I don't need your nomination.

It is known.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I can speak Excel and VBA and read technical manuals for fun. That's gotta qualify...

sweet you fall into the 10 types of people out there.. those who understand binary and those who dont

Haha...the irony of this comment made me chuckle.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I can actually enter this one. My claim to fame: I have two daughters (16 and 13) and all of their friends have my cell # on speed dial so they can quickly get hold of me to help with their math homework. I'm helping around a dozen girls get through school.

Oh aye :bigsmile:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Orson Scott Card anyone ?

Boom - just got you nominated

Please. OSC's only decent work was Ender's Game. The rest of his shiznit was virtually unreadable. Take it up a notch with some Gravity's Rainbow: "A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now."

NOOOO! Only if you're a preteen. Alvin Maker was the ****.
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

^^^ the math and science parts are in my court lol
  • numberscolors
    numberscolors Posts: 254
    Options
    I can speak Excel and VBA and read technical manuals for fun. That's gotta qualify...

sweet you fall into the 10 types of people out there.. those who understand binary and those who dont

ha!
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    I love a guy with a big, huge, gigantic brain! :love:
  • franklyskarlett
    Options
    Also taking names for friending.