Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Options

Replies

• kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You know what, I nominate me... because I think I'm pretty damn attractive and I spent six hours raiding today on my druid and priest and paladin... and because I just spent 40.00 on eBay to finish up my modern Bant exalted deck. :( I can write you up an old-school website with HTML and CSS if you'd like.

I'm the wrong kind of nerd.

Sounds like you may have survived Diablo III , or my friend just chose a horrible server. The raid finder is overrated :(

I have yet to buy DIII because I can't justify the money right now (I played the beta to death...), but WoW raidfinder is HAWFUL. The people are terrible. I was regular-raiding with my guild, thankfully, and then I did raidfinder, which is immediate grounds for "kill me now."
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'm a sci fi/fantasy geek. GRRM, Orson Scott Card, Terry Pratchett, Niels Gaiman and Stephenson.... There's a lot of good books out there, and good television.
  • carrieebg
    carrieebg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll cast my nominations for:

_Christine_
    msf74
    and weightloss123

Good looking group!! :)
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Orson Scott Card anyone ?

Boom - just got you nominated

Please. OSC's only decent work was Ender's Game. The rest of his shiznit was virtually unreadable. Take it up a notch with some Gravity's Rainbow: "A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now."

Agreed Ender's Game was awesome - got lame for a bit, but then bounced back - did you hear they might be making a movie?
  • mathgirl
    mathgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bumped for nerd candy
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    Can we self-nominate? I have serious geek credentials.
    For instance, right now, I'm working on solving a problem using a zero inflated negative binomial regression using Stata.

I win.:wink:

oh yeah!!!
    Im (seriously BTW):
    MS Certified Professional
    MS Certified System Admin
    A+
    Network +
    Security+
    Citrix Certified Admin
    MS office Certified

Real l33t techs like me don't need "certificates" ;) I use em' to wrap birthday presents!

Oh and I'm a Cisco CCNA ...BAM!

Nominated not only are you a nerd but you're funny too....extra hot!!
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love a guy with a big, huge, gigantic brain! :love:

oh no is this going to lapse into a "mines bigger than yours" argument :laugh:
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You know what, I nominate me... because I think I'm pretty damn attractive and I spent six hours raiding today on my druid and priest and paladin... and because I just spent 40.00 on eBay to finish up my modern Bant exalted deck. :( I can write you up an old-school website with HTML and CSS if you'd like.

I'm the wrong kind of nerd.

I think you're the RIGHT kind of nerd. I bet you made all your friends cool myspace pages back in the day!
  • MicheleVer2
    MicheleVer2 Posts: 76
    Options
    I am definitely a lover of geeks and pretty geeky myself. ^_^
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Muuuuuuuch better thread over here! Love a man in specs!
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options

Please. OSC's only decent work was Ender's Game. The rest of his shiznit was virtually unreadable. Take it up a notch with some Gravity's Rainbow: "A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now."

It's been optioned for a while. But I predict a flop bc the reveal is too weak to bolster more than 60 min

Agreed Ender's Game was awesome - got lame for a bit, but then bounced back - did you hear they might be making a movie?
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i think definitions of "nerd" and "geek" need to be laid out here. Because I would not have even thought of "gamers"...I think who's got the most books and knows the quadratic equation by heart, understands Einstein's theory of relatively, uses the word "mesopotamia" on the regular, and would rather study the latin names of plants than watch TV.

^^^ the math and science parts are in my court lol

I just immediately identified as a gamer, but my nerdiness spreads through all fields: mostly my love of genetics and linguistics to the point where I plan on studying something completely useless like human acquisition of speech and language.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I'm a sci fi/fantasy geek. GRRM, Orson Scott Card, Terry Pratchett, Niels Gaiman and Stephenson.... There's a lot of good books out there, and good television.

You should be my friend. Please don't forget Peter S. Beagle...
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, gotta love the geeks. I'm a techie myself and own way too many sci fi books.
  • LoveAustralia
    LoveAustralia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A noble gas walks into a bar. The bartender says "sorry, we don't serve noble gases in here." The noble gas did not react.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm a network administrator by trade, and programmer for fun. I play games (when I can) as well - and have been tearing up D3 co-op with friends. Loving Sci-Fi and watch documentaries about the universe nearly every night before bed. Bonus points: This is my bedroom... Anyone recognize? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/CqlIF.jpg

... Aww, forums only show half the image. Link is above!

CqlIF.jpg
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options

Ahh.. Cryptonomicon
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

It's been optioned for a while. But I predict a flop bc the reveal is too weak to bolster more than 60 min

It depends on the angle they will go for, if they are going to segway to Bean, they can probably get a good momentum/ending, or if they are going speaker for the dead, then it will probably not work.
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    I love a guy with a big, huge, gigantic brain! :love:

oh no is this going to lapse into a "mines bigger than yours" argument :laugh:

Hot damn, pick a topic and let me know the time and place so I could watch that argument. Fingers crossed that it's classic literature. SEXY!
  • nikkolec
    nikkolec Posts: 204
    Options
    A noble gas walks into a bar. The bartender says "sorry, we don't serve noble gases in here." The noble gas did not react.

:laugh: