Who all females carry most their weight in their stomach?

Options
I feel like I am cursed. My fat is sort of spread out. I have have almost everywhere except my forearms & calves. You can see in my pic. But I carry a lot in my stomach. I weigh 137.2lbs(as of this morning) a 5'5 & I feel like I'm cursed, like most ppl this weight have stomachs that have already flattened out. Even ppl who are my height or shorter have flattened on b4 this weight. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Replies

• sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights girl... You'd be surprised at what it can do for your body. :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights girl... You'd be surprised at what it can do for your body. :)

In about a month, when I finish Turbo FIre, I'm goin to do Chalean Extreme. I hope that helps me.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, I'm 132 5'2, and all my weight is in my belly, it's ridiculous.
    Just starting a new exercise routine though and am trying to seriously cut down on sugar which I realized I eat a lot of, also drinking more water so hopefully I see a change soon. I really want to try heavy weights but have no gym membership yet, hopefully soon, in the meantime I'm doing body weight exercises. Good luck!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I also carry fat in my stomach! Ewww. I'm going to do something this summer.. insanity or p90x or something :) And I've already started lifting weights twice a week (with help). hopefully this will help me as I don't need to lose weight as much as I need to muscle up.
  • queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Me too! 5'2 here and I have a short waist. My ribs almost set on top of my hip bones. So I'm cursed. However I've started yoga, I'm going to do weights as well. The most trim my belly has been is when I did interval running. Still I don't have a "true" waist. I never will.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!
  • jadeb94
    jadeb94 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much exactly the same as brandibangs.

I'm 5'2", 130lbs and have a short torso, so most of my fat is bang on my belly, drives me crazy!
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    YUPPPP! I hear you! 5foot 1 and absolutely HATE my stomach...I haven't had kids but look like I have! it really gets me down....I've been on this journey for 18months, I exercise like crazy (all combinations) and eat clean most of the time, I don't eat junk or processed foods if so very rarely, and I have been on a 6 month plateau.....its really disheartening...so know you are NOT alone!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

Edit: I wrote something mean and thought better of it. I'm sorry.

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
  • pumpkinoodle
    pumpkinoodle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    "Weight loss is a struggle for all sizes." - AmberBoobar's Blog post "Fat People vs Skinny People"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AmberBoobar/view/-fat-people-vs-skinny-people-263761
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    Do yoga! I do a lot of power and bikram yoga and poses that work my core. I am noticing a huge difference. (Like you, I carry most of my weight around my stomach).
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
    Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I also carry fat in my stomach! Ewww. I'm going to do something this summer.. insanity or p90x or something :) And I've already started lifting weights twice a week (with help). hopefully this will help me as I don't need to lose weight as much as I need to muscle up.

It really sucks. I'm doing Turbo Fire right now. I have a month left, then I'm gonna try chalean extreme. p90x & insanity is a bit 2 extreme for me right now lol U look great in ur picture!! U dont look like u have a belly at all!
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..

I'm right there with ya! But...everyone has their own struggles. It's like saying rich people shouldn't complain about money because they have so much. Mo' money mo' problems, ya know?

I just recently got out of the 300's myself, so feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my stomach area...I hate it. Not for long though......give me 11 months, I'll be sexy as hell ;)
  • shorty35565
    Options
    YUPPPP! I hear you! 5foot 1 and absolutely HATE my stomach...I haven't had kids but look like I have! it really gets me down....I've been on this journey for 18months, I exercise like crazy (all combinations) and eat clean most of the time, I don't eat junk or processed foods if so very rarely, and I have been on a 6 month plateau.....its really disheartening...so know you are NOT alone!

I haven't had a kid either! & i look pregnant, cuz my waist is like over 10 in smaller than my gut! It gets me down too, so much. I been doin this since last Sept & i really thought I would look better by now, u know? But until ab Feb I didn't exercise so consistently & only started eating cleaner 5 1/2 wks ago. I do Turbo Fire, have been for almost 2 mos & mayb I've lost 5lbs. I was eatin enough 4 tht program, mayb 12-1400 cals so I didn't lose. Then I zig zagged, lost 1.6lbs. the nxt week I averaged ab 1490 cals & i gained .8 -_- so tryin to eat close 2 1600 this week, hopin something will happen. I've lost a couple inches, but not satisfyin enough. Have u tried uppin ur cals to bust thru the plateau?
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options

Being in the 100's isn't the automatic be all and end all of insecurity. I've never been in the 200's, but that doesn't stop me from being considered slightly overweight. That doesn't stop me from having jiggle in places I don't want. It doesn't automatically make me look good in clothes or have a fitness level up to the standard I want it to be.
    People need to stop comparing their problems to others. Yes, you might have it worse because you have a lot more to lose, but that doesn't detract from the struggles other people. This is a journey that we're all on to better ourselves, whether it's 10lbs or 300lbs someone has to lose.
    Shouldn't people in the 100's be congratulated for changing their ways before ever getting any higher anyway? That's a good thing too. Well done for making the changes you need to to better yourself, just don't try and detract from someone else's good choices because you're bigger. That's not fair.
  • shorty35565
    Options

That doesn't mean that we don't have the right to be unhappy with ourselves tho. I am anything but skinny. u can easily see that in my picture. I realize that they're ppl who are heavier than I am, but that's not my fault. So I think we're allowed to b self conscious too. You don't kno how ur gonna feel when u get in the 100s. I thought when I started I wouldn't feel self conscious where I am now, but I am. U never kno til u get there.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Do yoga! I do a lot of power and bikram yoga and poses that work my core. I am noticing a huge difference. (Like you, I carry most of my weight around my stomach).

I totally suck at yoga! LOL i'm not flexible at all! I know it does help ur flexibility, but I'm not so patient. My ADHD wants me to b jumpin around all the time. I think I'm kinda funny when I try yoga lol
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my stomach area...I hate it. Not for long though......give me 11 months, I'll be sexy as hell ;)

U go girl!!