Who all females carry most their weight in their stomach?

Options

Replies

• EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Im the same as you almost!! I dont often find people with a similar shape to me at all
    If I lost on my belly- id be happy! but its coming off everywhere else!

you can see in these pics: my back has smoothed, my bums lifted, my belly has flattened a little but from the front, there is no difference!

sideprog.jpg?w=560
    backprog.jpg?w=560
    frontprog.jpg?w=560
    '

BEAUTIFUL TATTOO

Nice ink!

Also, when the fat comes off your back/arms/etc the only place left will be your belly and then it will come from there too. Just patience. Don't give up!

p.s. you belly does look smaller to me. Its just coming off the other places faster....
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Have you cut out carbonated drinks? Soda, beer etc? That made a huge difference for me, and I have 5 kids!
  • westn
    westn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a stomach, but my daughter is always asking me, mommy where is your stomach...) I can't help it that my body is shaped funny...
  • WeekendDM52
    WeekendDM52 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Shorty,

Your picture reminds me of me! You are not alone and I am exactly the same. To look at me you might think I am about 18% body fat UNTIL YOU SEE MY BELLY!

I think it's partly genetic because my mum is the same, but I also think it's partly bloating and partly sugar/carbs.

As a child I was very underweight and had to have extra high calorie food supplements but I STILL had a belly so I think that's just me- no matter how much weight I lose (and I would never, ever want to be underweight again-horrible) it will still be there.

I'm learning to accept mine, and I personally think you look fantastic in your picture; you've done fab and you deserve to be happy with your body. xx
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

But wait, then if we set this as a standard, people in their 400's will say people in their 300's shouldn't complain???

I see what you are saying. that those of use who are in a healhty BMI range should be happy with our healthy bodies. You will get here too, hon! And when you do, you will find things you still want to change. It's the pursuit of self-betterment that its about. I was obese, now i'm not. But i am so stoked on the changes I have made, I know that I can keep going and become even more of what I want to be.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Ok most of my fat is in my belly. I've been lifting weights for almost 2 years. I bench press 135 lbs. I can bicep curl 25-30 lbs. I'm saying this to give an idea of what I can do and it's done NOTHING for my belly fat. It's going take more than just lifting weights. It takes weight training, cardio and healthy eating.

My stats:
    I weight 175. I am 5'5". I wear a size 12 jeans. My waist is 35 inches.
  • MikkiMcCoy
    MikkiMcCoy Posts: 45
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

because if we dont take action while we are still in the 100's we will be in the 200's and 300's. its called catching a problem before it becomes a disaster.

:drinker:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

Like someone previously said, everyone has their struggles.

When you get to 190 pounds you will understand as I'm sure you will wish you were 180 pounds and then so on. I am 5'6 and my highest weight was 156 pounds, while that is a weight you may like to be since it is much lower than your current weight, it is still over weight and not healthy. Everyone wants to be the best they can be, everyone wants to love their bodies.

And believe me, I am thankful that I'm not as big as you and I do not mean that in a rude way.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options
    I did carry most of my fat in my belly before I lost it. Belly and face are always my first places to gain.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

When I was at 190 or even 185, I was still considered "obese" by my BMI, so I don't see why anyone would be "thankful" to be obese. At 178, I'm still in the upper range for "overweight" according to my BMI. So, I don't know why I should be happy with that either.

I think the OP wasn't hating on her weight as much as being frustrated that even though she was dropping weight in other places, she couldn't see it in her midsection. She was upset with her body type, not her weight.

Just because you fall within the "100's" doesn't mean you are healthy.. my body is far from as healthy as it could (and will!) be.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Want to say sorry. Maybe its my jealousy kicking in?? i don't know :-(

Took some balls to say sorry, heart must be as big as most people on these boards feel =)

I'm not overweight, my highest was 148, i lost 8 and then a friend introduced me to MFP and I lost 10 more. I'm now sitting solid at 130 and would like to lose a few more but it's rough. I haven't come near as far as some of the people here,I do notice a difference but what I really wanted to do was tone up, and even with the weight I've lost I still cant wear a size lower than what I was Without having a muffin top hanging over because since I had my kid ALL of my weight is carried in my stomach/hips. If you saw my legs/face/arms you'd never guess It but I'm miserable in my own skin still at 130. I feel like if I wanted to be honestly SATISFIED I would have to get al the way down to 114 and at my age that's not healthy even for 5"3. We're all unhappy no matter what size we are or started at otherwise we would't be seeking out the support of others on MFP right!? You're all awesome for bettering yourself no matter how far you've gotten!!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I did carry most of my fat in my belly before I lost it. Belly and face are always my first places to gain.
    me too...why cant it be boobs and butt?
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

^ lolz for realllll. boobs all the way hahaha.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Options

LOL.. if only!!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my excess weight in my belly too. I started at ~180lbs and one of my goals was to NOT look pregnant anymore. I've lost over 40 lbs and unfortunately I still look pregnant. The rest of me has slimmed down a lot---except for my stomach.

I'm 5'4" and currently 138. My mom and her mom had the same shape too. Skinny arms and legs and big ole' belly.

eta:

I have already completed one round of p90X and I just started a 2nd round. According to fat2fit's military body fat calculator my bf% is around 32%. I have some extra skin in my mid section b/c I had three very large babies but a lot of it is just fat.

I think I was eating too much when I did my first round of p90x though b/c I gained a few pounds and gained an inch in my stomach. I'm trying it again but reducing my calories.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Options

Since when is this site only for people who are extremely overweight? Many people use it to maintain, to gain muscle, to gain overall fitness. Who are you to judge how a person feels and what they should feel based on what their number is? It's all relative. Stick to your own experience.

To the OP- Cutting carbs might help? Can't see your diary so it's hard to say, really, if that's an issue or not. Like a lot of other people said though, start weights and lifting, it'll definitely help a lot. Good luck
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Me too! 5'2 here and I have a short waist. My ribs almost set on top of my hip bones. So I'm cursed. .... Still I don't have a "true" waist. I never will.

This, this, this.. Except I'm 5'3". I wish I had a longer torso. :\

I have never really fit into those "shapes" before (apple, pear, etc). It divides itself up across my whole body. My fat face is the last thing to go. :(
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

My gut has always been the biggest part of me. :grumble: But it is a HECK of a lot smaller than it used to be. :drinker: And my boobs finally stick out farther. :tongue:
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

I totally understand where you are coming from and I empathize with how you feel.

However, trust me, being in the "100s" doesn't automatically make one feel good about themselves.
    I was 268lbs. and am now 168lbs. And I can tell you that most days, I still feel awful about my body.

For most people, the journey isn't just about what the scale says. It's about how we feel when we look at ourselves in the mirror. For me anyways.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I admit, I have always carried it around my belly....and even though I had a baby almost 4 months ago....its the biggest part of my body, and kinda why i feel like i will never have a flat tummy. Although i am down from 243 and dresses don't still hang on the tummy too much, they still do. I will probably be lifting starting next week (my college has a gym) so we shall see.