Who all females carry most their weight in their stomach?

Options

Replies

• amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Dear-extra-fat.jpg
  • mopoll
    mopoll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One thing I have noticed is that women who have weight in their stomach usually have a great butt and legs. Those with flatter stomachs have a bigger butt and thighs. I'm a stomach/great leg type. Personally, I think you look great. I am 53 and the slower metabolism of menopause does a real number on the scale. If I had to do over again, I'd be A LOT easier on myself when I was 40 years old, 5'9 and 142 lbs and when I look at those pictures I think I look great and wonder what I was fussing about! I'm trying to get back there again.....'cause I'm 162 now and need to lose 20 lbs! Just adding 1 1/2 lbs a year over 13 years gets you 20 lbs over! That is only 10 more calories a day over a year and add in the slower metabolism and it is an uphill battle!

So, relax and enjoy and keep working out. You look great!
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 137.4lbs and aaaaaall of my weight is on my belly. I'd be happy with my weight now if not for the damn pooch I have from having kids.
  • jessymilian
    Options
    im on p90x right now how do u like turbo fire? i did turbo jam n it helped me lose 30 lbs i started p90x a week ago cuz my hubby had it already n im always hearing abot it but i love chaalean!!
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

Edit: I wrote something mean and thought better of it. I'm sorry.

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
    Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..

Sorry you are not in the 100's. But for those of us that are and have worked really jar to get where we are it's frustrating to not be getting the results you want.

OP - I hear ya. I'm 5'4" and am at 129-131 now and still have more belly than I am happy with. If my stomach was flat I would be happy at this weight. I plan to lose 5-8 more and think that will finally get rid of it. But I know what you mean, I am happy with my arms and legs and if my stomach was flat this would be my goal weight. Lose more and lift heavy is my only advice!
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    Can I ask something? WHY do people complain when they are in there 100's??? HAve you ever thought of people in there 300's that have MORE FAT than you!! Just be thankful that you are not big as me!!!!!

THIS!

I won't even get down below 160.

Get off the treadmill and lift heavy ladies!
  • eal12_00
    eal12_00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i carry mine in the stomach and as much i lose weight i cannot lose it there...so i feel fat and look like a skeleton lol, how do i get rid of it...
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

We realise you are more overweight and unhealthy than we are (we being people in their hundreds, as you put it), but that doesn't stop us from being unhappy and insecure with the rest of you. Being skinny doesn't automatically make you happy and self-confident (of course, it helps, but that's not all there is to it).
    Yah but to be honest i wouldn't be insecure about myself being in the 100's because I honestly have no idea when the last time I was in the 100's. I would be very happy about my weight.. I am finally gonna be hitting the 200's soon and I haven't seen that in 4-6 years..

You say that but I said the same thing when I was at my heaviest of 205 pounds. Its a constant battle for women of all shapes and sizes. Just because you are bigger doesn't mean we have to pity you and cant have an opinion about our unwanted fat.
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    Options
    YES. Totally hear you, and it SUCKS!! I'm 5'11" 230 pounds and my waist is like 38". I hate it so much that words cannot express how much I hate it. I only hope that as I lose fat and tone up I can start to focus on my midriff. I was blessed with what my sister calls the "genetic roll" (lower abdominal fat pouch). She thinks she has it too but she totally doesn't...somehow she ended up with her fat in her butt and thighs, which I would prefer over my waist. Even when I weighed 160 I would still have muffin-top when I bought jeans that fit my legs because my waist is disproportionately large. But I guess everyone always has some bodily woe they are unhappy about.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ok most of my fat is in my belly. I've been lifting weights for almost 2 years. I bench press 135 lbs. I can bicep curl 25-30 lbs. I'm saying this to give an idea of what I can do and it's done NOTHING for my belly fat. It's going take more than just lifting weights. It takes weight training, cardio and healthy eating.

My stats:
    I weight 175. I am 5'5". I wear a size 12 jeans. My waist is 35 inches.

Have you taken a look at your diet?? Great abs come from the kitchen. However, a lot of it does have to do with genetics. I have had a c-section and I know my belly will never be the same but I can finally see my abs.. Everyday my body and abs get better and better.
  • mrsmorgan805
    mrsmorgan805 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Look up plank variations. I haven't don't them YET but I hear they are AMAZING for your core.
  • Kathleen_Hays
    Options
    I've found that Core strengthening exercises really help in the waist area. I'm battling fat in that area as well - but I'm over 50 and post-menopausal, so it's a lot harder for me to lose any weight, much less all the fat that's settled in the middle! But it's slowly coming off as I do my P90X and really toning up my muscles as well as losing weight. So, I'd suggest some sort of Core workout. Hope it goes well!
  • healthieryou
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my stomach too, its one of the worse places to carry it. When I look in the mirror all I can see is my fat stomach, very frustrating.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, let's just say I can't eat anything without my gut expanding. Let's just say I'm absolutely disgusted with my body because I can't afford a gym membership to do any weight training, so I too am cursed. I just keep hoping that my running and my attempts at doing Ripped in 30 as regularly as possible will help.
    Although, anybody else have an issue with your belly hurt during some of those jumping exercises in RI30?
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I did, obviously by the name I picked on here. NoIJustLookPregnant.. because I did look pregnant, about 6-7 months along! Ugh! :) It's the first place I started losing at, and I think it's going to be the last too! Luckily I've lost enough that now the biggest part of my belly is FINALLY smaller than my *kitten*!! lol

I'm sure that as long as I keep on track, my belly will go away and with exercise it'll tone up once I bring more of those abs back to life!

There is hope, just keep working at it. You'll get there. <hugs>
  • Anilos81
    Anilos81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Congratulations on losing 34 pounds, that is awesome, and it takes A LOT of work!

I have never posted anything in the forums here, and I am hesitant to do so now, but your comment really struck me.

I feel self conscious when I talk about eating healthier, exercising, and making better lifestyle choices, because I know that I am not perceived as 'overweight'. I feel guilty because I am aware of how fortunate I am to still be in my '100s' as you put it, and I know that my weight loss may not be as urgent or obvious as that of a heavier person.

I was always the 'skinny' girl growing up because that was just my natural build, I ate like a horse, never exercised, and I smoked all through my 20s without gaining a pound. Gradually this changed of course, and now at 30, I am about 30 pounds above what I consider to be my healthy weight. I don't want to lose it because I think I am 'so fat', or anything like that, I just want to be where I am comfortable and feel energetic again, and proud of my body. I don't ever want to be a bean pole, I just know that as I put on weight I feel less and less comfortable in my body, and most importantly - I wanted to change my habits before I they could progress. It is sad, but at 30 I am finally learning what it means to eat well, and exercise, and I definitely wish I had started earlier!

I guess my only point here s that it really comes down to what is comfortable and healthy for each individual, and everything is relative. It may be just as difficult for someone needing to lose 50 pounds, as it is for someone to lose 200, in some cases I think it can be more difficult because it seems like the closer you get to your goal the more difficult it becomes. (I wish there was a reality show about losing the final 20!). I heard a quote on the radio a while ago (either Rosie or Oprah) that really stuck with me, and I try to keep it in mind so I don't lose perspective, "You already are somebody's goal weight".
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have the dreaded post baby/c-section belly and it seems as I am losing weight everywhere, this looks BIGGER. :grumble: In reality, I know it isn't bigger, but I'm not losing as fast in the mid-section....it will be the last to go for me. Got to power through!!! :bigsmile:

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I have started using weights too. I blame it on my mom and grandmother. I am built exactly like them! That is part of the problem. I have lost almost all of the weight I want to lose, just not my stomach.
  • JessicaDigby
    JessicaDigby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    oops didn't quote
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options

You say that but I said the same thing when I was at my heaviest of 205 pounds. Its a constant battle for women of all shapes and sizes. Just because you are bigger doesn't mean we have to pity you and cant have an opinion about our unwanted fat.
    Wow! Don't people realize that we can be in the obese category in the '100's'?? I was there (SW 179) until I got down to the 150's. I'm still considered overweight until I get down to 141. No need to get angry. Keep working on it and you'll get down to the 100's too.