Really? I can't believe he said that!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    God forbid someone stick up for a sibling LOL. My older sister is protective of me as well. Sometimes being a good friend, sister, relative, etc can mean sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. IMO you should not have in this situation, but speaking in general if folks just started minding their own business all the time this world may be a lot worse. That being said, do not speak to him from here on out. As you saw from your conversation with him, negativity breeds negativity. Just be there for your sister when she needs a shoulder to cry on..

Thanks. It's like if I saw a person beating up another person and no one steps up to help, I would be that person hands down!! I think we all need to feel that someone is in our corner fighting for us, especially family.
  • heduell
    heduell Posts: 13
    Options
    WOW! What a peice of work! One: anyone who verbally abuses someone is more then likely as worthless as the person they learned this bad mouthing from! (poor childhood) Two: your poor sister! I wish she could clear those tears and see him for the worthless douche he is! Charming is charming, not love! Three: You are a good sister for stepping in and trying to help and unwillingly taking this trash spewing from him. His worth shows by the harsh and unexceptable vulgarness falling from his face. Hopefully you and your sister can grab a broom and sweep the trash out the front door, cause if it is like this as a "boyfriend" then it will be like this as a "husband!" And what women would want that?
  • pkpkarting
    pkpkarting Posts: 3
    Options
    He wanted proof you guys were at the cabin? Wow !!

If someone is going to cheat, they will cheat nothing a text will solve. But more importantly maybe if this guy wasn't such a *kitten* he wouldn't fear for losing your sister.

Just saying
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Don't even give a thought to what he says. It sounds like he's threatened by you. Next time you confront him, you know what to expect. Don't give up standing up for your sister, especially since she's ok with it. She quite possibly puts up with much worse. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    WOW! What a peice of work! One: anyone who verbally abuses someone is more then likely as worthless as the person they learned this bad mouthing from! (poor childhood) Two: your poor sister! I wish she could clear those tears and see him for the worthless douche he is! Charming is charming, not love! Three: You are a good sister for stepping in and trying to help and unwillingly taking this trash spewing from him. His worth shows by the harsh and unexceptable vulgarness falling from his face. Hopefully you and your sister can grab a broom and sweep the trash out the front door, cause if it is like this as a "boyfriend" then it will be like this as a "husband!" And what women would want that?

He is already a distance memory. I have been talking her head off all week about how she deserves much better. I hope I get through to her that this is no way how a person is to be treated. Thank you for understanding. Have a great day.
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    Don't even give a thought to what he says. It sounds like he's threatened by you. Next time you confront him, you know what to expect. Don't give up standing up for your sister, especially since she's ok with it. She quite possibly puts up with much worse. Good luck!! :flowerforyou:

I can tell that he has called and said worse to her. Why she puts up with it I do not know. Some of what I tx she told me to say. Somehow I caught up in the drama and didn't even realize it. (well not until now) Thank you.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the separation from him will help her to see some light on the subject and help her clear her head a little and realize maybe things don't have to be that way. I happen to be separated from one of those sorts of people and just reading your words brings it all back...and it's been 3 years. So glad he's outta my life, but I still think about him every day. It's harder to break away from those sorts of people then you would think. Praying that she gets him out of her and your life. ((hugs)) :flowerforyou:
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    The really awful thing about this is you can talk to your sister until your blue in the face, but she is the one that needs to come to the conclusion herself. When she has had enough she will dump him. The best you can do is just be there for her when that happens - and it probably will happen, maybe not soon, but it will happen and she will wonder why she stayed with the craziness for so long. You are a good sister and a very kind person :flowerforyou:
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I agree what he said was rude hurtful and mean.... but for your sister to put you up to it was not cool.. and now she has let her choice in a boyfriend effect your self esteem..

I think that people are forgetting.. you did this for your sister.. you did what you thought best to help her... but here is where i see the problem .. your sister made the choice to bring this douche into your life..she had no right to ask you to get into the middle of it knowing how rude he is,
    but because your sister has choosen to have him in her life.. dosnt mean you have to have him in yours. I know you have told your sister that she deserves better etc etc... but i think at this point for your mental well being you just have to say to her that if she choices to stay in a toxic and voitile relationship that is up to her.. but you can not be a part of it. as such you dont want to be involved in it. .you dont want to see him and you dont want to hear about him. You are more than willing to contiue being her sister and friend and you love her.. but if she wants to have him as part of her life.. you will not take part in that area of her life..

I think that is the best thing to do before it gets worse and you get hurt more for her choices....

ps.. i think you do need to have a talk with your sister... i would never stand for any one speaking this way about my family.. i would have killed my boyfriend if i were her
  • Yeti1083
    Yeti1083 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Words to live by:

People can call you anything and everything, it's what you reply to, that defines you

:drinker:

Great quote
  • Mgregory723
    Options
    I agree what he said was rude hurtful and mean.... but for your sister to put you up to it was not cool.. and now she has let her choice in a boyfriend effect your self esteem..

I think that people are forgetting.. you did this for your sister.. you did what you thought best to help her... but here is where i see the problem .. your sister made the choice to bring this douche into your life..she had no right to ask you to get into the middle of it knowing how rude he is,
    but because your sister has choosen to have him in her life.. dosnt mean you have to have him in yours. I know you have told your sister that she deserves better etc etc... but i think at this point for your mental well being you just have to say to her that if she choices to stay in a toxic and voitile relationship that is up to her.. but you can not be a part of it. as such you dont want to be involved in it. .you dont want to see him and you dont want to hear about him. You are more than willing to contiue being her sister and friend and you love her.. but if she wants to have him as part of her life.. you will not take part in that area of her life..

I think that is the best thing to do before it gets worse and you get hurt more for her choices....

ps.. i think you do need to have a talk with your sister... i would never stand for any one speaking this way about my family.. i would have killed my boyfriend if i were her

That is some great advise. Thank you.