What have u THROWN???

Options

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Never thrown anything directly AT him...that would be really mean...but in a fit of rage I did take his $400 remote control car and threw if off our deck (20 feet high). heheh
  • delco714
    delco714 Posts: 229
    Options
    i'm surprised no one said i've THROWN my "significant other".. lolll

and no i havent thrown anything at anyone in anger.. have i thrown things in anger in general? yes

oh and I threw coconuts in DR a few days ago.. that was fun.. *Sigh* i miss punta cana
    for sports, i have and can still throw a baseball about 325 ft and throw 90mph.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's me. I don't want to be a downer. I guess I should get in the spirit of things.

Next time the old lady is annoying me I'll give her a cross to the jaw. See if that doesn't straighten her out, right ladies?

Wow... somebody get the shoe! :wink: Try a pillow... start small. The spirit of MY thread was light hearted and fun. Not meant to be 'insulting, disgusting or offending':laugh:

Your original post wasn't that bad. You can't really be too surprised that it degraded, though... this is MFP. I just seriously :huh: at people bragging about violence against their husbands when, if the tables were turned, they would be reported and the thread shut down immediately.
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    My bf and I were wrestling around one night while drikning and as I took a drink, he shoved me and shoved the glass into my tooth, chipping the corner of it. I don't think I've ever seen his face go that white or have witnessed him go into 'super fixer' mode so fast.

I broke a beer bottle on an ex's face once. He cheated on me, brought the girl to MY party and then cornered me in the kitchen. by cornered, I mean that he had me by the wrists (tightly) and told me that I wasn't allowed to leave until he said we were done talking. Beer bottle + his forehead = not ever laying his hands on me again.

Weird..... both stories involved alcohol. Hmmm...

I hope you don't allow any man to ever treat you like that. Hell, I hope anyone never allows anyone to treat them like that, regardless of gender. We all deserve so much better. Love is not intimidation, manipulation, or violence. Those things have no place with love. They are reserved for bullies.

That was precisely my point. I do not believe in anyone EVER laying their hands on another person (girl to guy, guy to girl, guy to guy, girl, to girl, etc.); however, in the moment, that was all that I could think to do as self defense. I never saw him again and to this day, I actually still feel bad about my reaction because violence is not in my nature.

As far as the current bf goes, that was mere accident and could have just as easily happened with me bumping him and chipping his tooth... or being bumped by my sister. It was funny to me and really endearing to see how terrified he was that he may have actually hit me.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

That was precisely my point. I do not believe in anyone EVER laying their hands on another person (girl to guy, guy to girl, guy to guy, girl, to girl, etc.); however, in the moment, that was all that I could think to do as self defense. I never saw him again and to this day, I actually still feel bad about my reaction because violence is not in my nature.

As far as the current bf goes, that was mere accident and could have just as easily happened with me bumping him and chipping his tooth... or being bumped by my sister. It was funny to me and really endearing to see how terrified he was that he may have actually hit me.

In that particular instance, with him restraining you and being physical, I think you were completely validated. I may have done worse. I don't take kindly to being bullied. :flowerforyou:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Wow... somebody get the shoe! :wink: Try a pillow... start small. The spirit of MY thread was light hearted and fun. Not meant to be 'insulting, disgusting or offending'

I'm sorry do you want to throw something at me? I'm not your husband lady. I don't have to humor your childish tantrums.

Read YOUR thread. Replace female with male. Tell me how it sounds.

I have read it, and stand by what I said "MOST are light hearted and fun" responses. Again, I didn't specify WHO is doing the 'throwing'...female, male, I don't care. Yes there are people who apparently have more 'dramatic' stories than others... whatever. You always get a mix in the forums of different people. Seriously though, I have tried to have 'fun' with you... you apparently can't do that. I'm not your wife dude. I don't have to humor your complete lack of sense of humor. Move on. Find a thread that SUITS YOUR HUMOR. No one is making you read, comment, or stay.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I was looking at my list of random facts and found "40% of women have hurled footwear at a man."... I :heart: my hubby more than anything, but YES I have thrown a shoe at him once or twice in our 16 years. Another item commonly used against the significant other was pots and pans YIKES!

I've been hit by footwear another woman threw at a man....
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Maybe it's me. I don't want to be a downer. I guess I should get in the spirit of things.

Next time the old lady is annoying me I'll give her a cross to the jaw. See if that doesn't straighten her out, right ladies?

Wow... somebody get the shoe! :wink: Try a pillow... start small. The spirit of MY thread was light hearted and fun. Not meant to be 'insulting, disgusting or offending':laugh:

Your original post wasn't that bad. You can't really be too surprised that it degraded, though... this is MFP. I just seriously :huh: at people bragging about violence against their husbands when, if the tables were turned, they would be reported and the thread shut down immediately.

I agree with you... i do need to say again though... had NO intentions of making it about only wives at husbands. But if people don't like it, they really don't have to read it, or come back to it and read more once they decide they don't like it. No one is making them stay. :ohwell:
  • margaretreid
    Options
    :tongue: Hit him with a tickle-me-elmo....Elmo started laughing. Fight over because we did too!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I saw my sister throw a pack of Pampers at my bro in law when she thought I didn't see...lol...when I brought it up she told me all about the remote controls she went through....hmmm I think someone like to instigate rage, don't you think?

This thread also reminds me of the shoe monologue in Eddie Murphy's "Delirious"
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    i threw shot and disc in high school, and my mom used to hurl plates at me. When i get mad, i usually scream and cry, but when i do get angry to throw things, i throw a pillow!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I have read it, and stand by what I said "MOST are light hearted and fun" responses. Again, I didn't specify WHO is doing the 'throwing'...female, male, I don't care. Yes there are people who apparently have more 'dramatic' stories than others... whatever. You always get a mix in the forums of different people. Seriously though, I have tried to have 'fun' with you... you apparently can't do that. I'm not your wife dude. I don't have to humor your complete lack of sense of humor. Move on. Find a thread that SUITS YOUR HUMOR. No one is making you read, comment, or stay.

Ha! Someone brags about breaking their spouses nose with a tire iron and you call it a "dramatic story".

My sense of humor is just fine. Trust me I know what funny is so much more than you could ever hope to. And funny is not "What have you thrown at your significant other?" That's abuse from immature women who only do it because they know they can get away with it.

Violence against partners of either gender is wrong. Not funny.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree to an extent, BUT... when you are playing around, having a silly arguement or whatever... sometimes things happen that are sooo ridiculous like (love these ones!) throwing a pie in a truck, trying to smash a piece of crap mirror, etc. that you can laugh at down the road. Calling the police and saying something like "We were on our way to Thanksgiving dinner and I got mad at my girlfriend so she threw a pie at me" probably is going to sound...well a bit silly. These stories are not meant to promote actual acts of terror and such.

Have you actually read any of these responses???

"I smashed my ex's nose with a tire iron"

"I threw a lamp at my husband's head. Best day of my life"

"I throw punches. :laugh: "

Reverse the gender for 2 seconds and tell me how any of this is ok?

Most disgusting thread I've ever seen.

You are so right but it was supposed to be light-hearted. you just peed all over our fun! I've seen worse than that...like rape jokes and people using the word "gay" like "lame"....
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've thrown their really annoying alarm clock at them (it was a little army man that played reveille on a bugle)

but on the otherhand had a flick knife thrown at me (open) beware of asking for a knife when camping!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    another person.

im not married and Ive never thrown anything at a person out of anger other than the finger.

I threw a person at another person in a fun jump.

That is all.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    :tongue: Hit him with a tickle-me-elmo....Elmo started laughing. Fight over because we did too!
    great!!!
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i didn't throw it but my wonderful fiance threw a fork at me once that stuck in the couch right where my head was just laying.

i tell that story every so often, then let it stew a minute and then explain that i totally deserved something thrown at me, just glad that i didn't have a fork sticking out of my skull or eye.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have never thrown anything at anyone although I had a 'friend' throw MY GRILL (R.I.P. TAD) at her boyfriend and broke it. Who does that? Ugh, some people are just plain nuts!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    I have never thrown anything at anyone although I had a 'friend' throw MY GRILL (R.I.P. TAD) at her boyfriend and broke it. Who does that? Ugh, some people are just plain nuts!

She'd be buying me a new grill!!!:laugh:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    At an ex (after catching him in bed with someone) I went to hurl a candle (in a glass jar) at him but last minute threw it down on the ground. It popped up and hit him in the face and broke his nose. Guess god just wanted me to throw it at him.

This made me LOL. xD

I don't think I've thrown anything strange... I have done the typical wedding ring throw, a shoe once or twice, a lighter, idk I usually just grab something close by in that scenario. Thankfully I haven't done anything like that in a long time. lol