How great is your husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend?

Options

Replies

• k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    My Hubby served 13 months in Afghanistan! And is still serving National Guard! He just got a 2 week paycheck with 121 hours on it! He never complains about working so much either and he is home every single night right after work!!! I love love loves him! :) Thanks for the topic!

P.S. He is very supportive of my weight loss but says he is happy with the woman he fell in love with either way! :)
  • AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is pretty freaking awesome. We have been together for 1 year and 8 and a half months:heart: . Very much in love with this man. He is supportive even though at times I am difficult, :blushing: he cares even at times he cares about things more then me, he keeps up with all important dates and times(never tell him about the doc apt) he will text or call until he know about the whole:grumble: visit. If I am having a bad day, good day, okay day it dont matter he listens.:heart: Lol, you know how guys say they dont care about ; your cycle, or you dont know what to wear out, or what you ate for the day or what girl hating on you? Lol SOOOOOOOOOO, not true, he cares about all that. I have a boyfriend, bestfriend, partner in crime, and lover. Lucky girl I am. Hopefully oneday we get married and have two awesome kids. I been doing my fitness pal for about 2 months now and it has been a change. He work out with me, he pushes me when I am weak, and tired, he makes each workout fun, and most important even when I bummed out that day on any workout he still tell me I did good.:noway: I often tell him how lucky I am and how the exs missed out an awesome guy. He is loving, kind, sweet, funny, and most of all he loves me. Even though our families cant seem to get it together he and I are making it. Thats all that matters. I appreciate all he does and then some. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My husband is wonderful. I fell off the healthy diet and exercise wagon just after we got married and went on our mini honeymoon. I ripped the only pair of jeans that fit me earlier this week and I cried. I went and told him how I was feeling and that I needed to be as strict with myself as I was before and he told me I was beautiful and I don't need to be that strict. He just told me to make little changes, like moving the candy dish at work out of arms reach. He always puts me above himself, even when I try to push him to do the opposite.

Now I can't wait to see him tonight after work :smooched:
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My husband is amazing! never once has looked down on me or made me feel fat, he loves me as I am and that is part of the reason why I am doing this. he deserves me at my best!!!! :)
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    She's the best thing that ever happened to me. Wish I had met here in the 1970s! Been together going on 12 years.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My hubby is the best! He started this journey with me and has already reached his goal weight. I am so proud of him, and I know he is proud of me too. He is so supportive and says nothing if I indulge myself occassionally. We went shopping this past weekend (we were both starting to look a little shabby..GOOD THING) and kept telling me how happy he is to see me so excited to buy clothes. It's been years since I actually WANTED to try on outfits.

We have been married for almost 13 years (on June 19th), and he has never once told me that I wasn't what he wanted or that I was fat. He is my world! :heart:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My Hubby served 13 months in Afghanistan! And is still serving National Guard! He just got a 2 week paycheck with 121 hours on it! He never complains about working so much either and he is home every single night right after work!!! I love love loves him! :) Thanks for the topic!

P.S. He is very supportive of my weight loss but says he is happy with the woman he fell in love with either way! :)

Tell your husband I said "Thank you for being a hero!"
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    My bf sucks. Why? I think he is trying to sabotage me. Hes always telling me he is craving foods, telling me he could get me off my diet. I am starting to really hate this guy. His sister tells she thinks he is scared, scared if I look good I may not want him or I may change, well sorry honey but thats the whole point.

Aw bless ya! Ignore him, he's just jealous he hasn't got the self control you have! His sister is probably right! :flowerforyou:
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My BF is amazing. We've been together for 9 years but I've known him for 12. He's very supportive and loves me no matter what. Fat or thin. He's smart and funny and knows how to cheer me up. He's very fit and works out hard but he's never mean to me about my weight and just encouraging.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options

Tell your husband I said "Thank you for being a hero!"

Sure will!!! :) Thanks! :) He will definitely appreciate it.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    He is so awesome, he never has mentioned my weight, even when the pudge was apparent or even when I was so thin my spine was sticking out.

He started out by buying me a treadmill but never said a word about me not using it for 2 months. He then sacrificed our time so I could work out, once I started and never said a word. He allows me to cook healthy and eats what he likes but tries everything, even if he never liked it before (brussel sprouts even), he bought the Fitbit ultra when it came out so we could trade and he could track his sleep while I track steps and floors. He gets up early on a day off, after staying up late and drinkng to drive me to a race and take pics for me. He enters the Color Me Rad and The Color Run races with me. He is my rock and he makes my life complete.

He plays Hockey to stay fit and I support that fully as well.

Hahaha he tried my brussel sprouts the other night and with a smile on his face, he chewed and finally swallowed, looked at me with a smile and said, "That is absolutely horrible!"

I love him so much!
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awww, I love this thread! And I love my fiance! He is always attracted to me no matter what weight I'm at or what kind of shape I'm in. He listens to me talk endlessly about the details of my workouts and he has been a really good sport about eating things for dinner that aren't exactly his favorite foods! Thanks for starting such a positive thread, I love hearing about other happy, healthy, supportive couples!
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    :sad: I was thin when my husband and I got married, but I had loose skin from losing 130 pounds... our wedding night was the first time we had sex, so he'd never seen me naked. He wouldn't touch me at all to get me "warmed-up"... he just did what he needed to do, and told me I was repulsive. Even though I warned him before we got married, he said he never could have imagined how gross I really looked naked, and he felt deceived. So, needless to say, I got depressed- after my daughter was born, I just couldn't get the weight off and wound up even adding a few pounds. My husband told me on our 1 year wedding anniversary that I disgust him, and he never in a million years would've ever dated a fat girl, let alone marry one.

We've been married for almost 4 years now- 4 years next month actually. And while he's gotten better (we went through some counseling) about the way he communicates his frustration, he still won't touch my body when we have sex. A lot of his issues have their roots in his family and in the way he was raised to value appearance over everything else- they told him not to marry me because I used to be fat, and might have fat children (I don't by the way- my daughter is a bean pole!), and they didn't want fat grandchildren. They're truly awful people- example: my MIL refuses to quit smoking even though she gave herself throat cancer; she said she'd rather die thin from cancer than live to be old and fat (fine by me!!). But at least my husband has begun to recognize that and is trying to overcome that pitfall in himself. And no, I didn't know they had said that until after we were married. They're very deceitful people. And I didn't know my husband was going to be like that until after we said "I do." But we're getting better every day- and while many people would say he should be able to love me and accept me the way I am even if I don't lose this weight... at least he's honest with me. So many husbands would just say "it doesn't matter" and then ogle other women and cheat. And when the weight is gone this time, I'm getting the skin removed- for both of us. I hated looking like a deflated balloon too.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My husband is THE BEST. Bottom line.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    :sad: I was thin when my husband and I got married, but I had loose skin from losing 130 pounds... our wedding night was the first time we had sex, so he'd never seen me naked. He wouldn't touch me at all to get me "warmed-up"... he just did what he needed to do, and told me I was repulsive. Even though I warned him before we got married, he said he never could have imagined how gross I really looked naked, and he felt deceived. So, needless to say, I got depressed- after my daughter was born, I just couldn't get the weight off and wound up even adding a few pounds. My husband told me on our 1 year wedding anniversary that I disgust him, and he never in a million years would've ever dated a fat girl, let alone marry one.

We've been married for almost 4 years now- 4 years next month actually. And while he's gotten better (we went through some counseling) about the way he communicates his frustration, he still won't touch my body when we have sex. A lot of his issues have their roots in his family and in the way he was raised to value appearance over everything else- they told him not to marry me because I used to be fat, and might have fat children (I don't by the way- my daughter is a bean pole!), and they didn't want fat grandchildren. They're truly awful people- example: my MIL refuses to quit smoking even though she gave herself throat cancer; she said she'd rather die thin from cancer than live to be old and fat (fine by me!!). But at least my husband has begun to recognize that and is trying to overcome that pitfall in himself. And no, I didn't know they had said that until after we were married. They're very deceitful people. And I didn't know my husband was going to be like that until after we said "I do." But we're getting better every day- and while many people would say he should be able to love me and accept me the way I am even if I don't lose this weight... at least he's honest with me. So many husbands would just say "it doesn't matter" and then ogle other women and cheat. And when the weight is gone this time, I'm getting the skin removed- for both of us. I hated looking like a deflated balloon too.

This makes me really sad. Nobody deserves to feel like this, ESPECIALLY by the hand of their partner. Please tell me you are working on getting healthy for you, not him.

Edited for spelling.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    My mom taught me if I had nothing nice to say to keep my mouth shut, so I think I will stick to that philosphy on this one. Not much nice to say right now. I am thinking no so great at this point.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My husband is awesome. Ok he annoys me because his eating habits are soooo perfect but he is supportive & always cheering me on regardless of how bad I'm doing.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Supportive, wonderful and caring. Been married for 8 eight years and together for almost 10. Probably going to celebrate ten years with a sprint duathlon and triathlon.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    She's is the best, just great. I won't complain. Sure there are ups and downs, but who doesn't have those? It has been 21 years (since high school) She supports my journey to lose weight and also supported me through the other 2344251 other weight loss things I tried that did NOT work.

I have been doing this for 40 days now and she is always finding low cal stuff at the store and keeping the bar codes out for me so I can scan stuff in to my phone / iPad from dinner etc.

There is probably a bunch more sh** I can say! ..but yea. It's all good!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Its nice to hear that there are still happy marriages out there.