• kyrstin__1188
    kyrstin__1188 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    CW: 134 :)
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Check in time.
    Todays weight is 169.3. Down a bit, but not nearly what I would like. Only 3 1/2 weeks until my daughters wedding. It is time to get back on track. It may be difficult with so much going on though. Exercise and eating right will have to be a priority though.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    SW= 170 lbs
    Wi1= 168.6 lbs
    Wi2= 166 lbs
    Wi3= 164.6lbs
    Wi4= 163.5 lbs
    Wi5= 165 lbs
    Wi6= 163.2
    Wi7= 164.2

Wi8= 163lbs!!!

- Drink WATER! Make sure you're drinking at LEAST 8 cups of water a day. But add TWO MORE CUPS of water than you normally drink.
    this was hard for me this week, usually i drink so much water but I just wasnt drinking this week.
    - Cut back on SODIUM. Sodium makes us hold water weight, so watch your sodium intake and stay under MFP's recommended goals.
    under sodium 7/21, 7/22, 7/23
    - GET YOUR HEART RATE GOING! Try to burn 50 more calories a day than you normally would.
    I burn different amounts each time so idk how to track this. but when I worked out i burned a good amount!
    - What's been the biggest struggle in this challenge so far?
    The biggest struggle has been working around life and still trying to do the challenges.
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SW 214
    6/5 208
    6/12 207.9
    6/19 206.8
    6/26 205.9
    7/3 205.5
    7/10 203.9
    7/17 205

7/24 204.1

this week has been hard on me mentally.......i dropped down to 201 and blew it towards the end with eating out over the weekend and then again last night. My goal this week is to get motivated again..all i keep thinking about is the 19lbs i need to lose for this challenge. Everyone here is working so hard and i want to work just as hard too and i know right now im not. this heat is definitely getting to me but it shouldnt be a deal breaker.

My thing to get this week for a motivation factor is going to be the zumba wii game lol i know i'll do that @ home if i cant get myself to go to the gym every day and i hope thats the turn around that i need. theres only 5 WEEKS left of this challenge..its time to get SERIOUS!!!!!!!!
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    138 lbs
    I have hit a "bump" in the road. After vacation I haven't done so well. I feel gross now, and can see the weight already going back on. Yesterday was my turn around day--moving forward again. Hope to see reults next weigh in. I doubt at this point will make my goal, but will be happy with being under 130. I may change my goal to 128 instead of 125---seems so far away.
    Challenges: water, not bad, did not get 10 cups everyday, hard to do at work sometimes
    Sodium a breeze, I am always way under
    extra 50--not always easy, when I work 12 hours I don't exercise at all, so hard to get an extra 50, did some stuff like walk to places instead of drive
    This week is a new week and hoping for the better!
  • bobby172
    bobby172 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    163.6 CW
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My Summer Challenge week 8 results:

Challenge SW 5/29: 158
    Week 1 - 6/5: 157
    Week 2 - 6/12: 155.5
    Week 3 - 6/19: 153.5
    Week 4 - 6/26: 152.5
    Week 5 - 7/3: 151.5
    Week 6 - 7/10: 150.5
    Week 7 - 7/17: 149

Week 8 - 7/24: 148 (1 pound down from last week!)

Challenge GW:143 (total 10 lbs. lost toward goal since start of challenge, 5 lbs. to go!)

week 8 additional challenges:
    1) Drink at least 8 cups of water per day + 2 more than usual -- I always drink at least cups per day, drank 1 more than usual 2 days, more than 2 more than usual 4 days. Not bad, but I want to do better!

2) Cut back on sodium and stay under sodium goal -- it was difficult this week as we ended up going out to Uno Chicago Grill one night for a fundraiser and Subway at lunch on the same day. I never add salt to anything, unfortunately deli meats are loaded with sodium. I did manage to stay under on 5 of the days, one of which was half the goal sodium!

3) Burn 50 more calories per day than usual -- I was able to do that on 4 of the days, and one of the days I burned about 500 more calories than usual, so that kind of made up for the 3 days I burned my normal amount or less.

4) My biggest struggle in the challenge -- trying to stay under on sodium. I never salt anything, and when I cook from scratch I can keep the sodium down really well. However, during the summer when I don't want to use the oven because it makes the house too hot I tend to buy things that can be cooked easily on the stovetop, and that includes packaged foods which are super high in sodium, as are lunchmeats, ham, bacon, and unfortunately even some chicken. I never realized just how much sodium they pump into some so-called "fresh raw meats" like chicken and pork, even the ones that are not supposedly marinated. I pay a lot closer attention to labels now!
  • kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The plateau continues .... weigh in this week--- 211.8. Hopefully next week will be better!!!! =)
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 133.2 (1.3 loss)

I increased my water, and I think that helped my weight loss, because I fell of the excersice wagon over the weekend and haven't climbed back on! I read where you should be drinking half of your weight. So, I should be consuming about 67 oz. :drinker:

Sodium- that's generally not a problem.

Extra 50 calories- totally bombed as stated above.

Have a great week everyone!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    No biggest losers from last week?? That makes me sad :-( I think I might have been on that list for the first time of the challenge....

Weigh in day!! I stayed the same...I got down to 150 at some point in the week and been very good to watch my sodium and not gone over my calories so not sure whats going on. Maybe I'll get a double loss next week instead :-)

Weight this morning - 151

Good luck everyone!! xx

I was going to do it, but so many people gained weight that I felt like it needed a break!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds this week.
    I realized I wasn't being completely honest with myself and missed a few weigh-ins because I didn't want to accept how much I was gaining. But seriously, as soon as I became honest with myself I managed to take it off.

I'm hoping I can continue this honesty with myself and stay on track.

When I first started MFP I lost more than 50 pounds. And then with stress and health issues, I put more than half of it back on.

I am dedicated finally to getting it off and keeping it off.
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was a "like" button on here. There are so many posts I wish I could put it on. I see so many successes both weight and heath wise as well as emotionally. This is such a great group to be a part of!!!
  • vmilam03
    vmilam03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same weight as last week I believe 198.4.

:( It's been really rough for me to get back into the swing of things after our vacation. I am going to try a 3 day diet, probably beginning tomorrow, just to see if I can get some results. Two bad things about this 3Day Diet is that for lunch 2 of the days I will have to eat tuna (YUCK) and banana (which I have an oral allergy to). So, for the tuna, I may just have to swallow it down and push through, but I am looking into a substitution for the banana.

Anyhow, I have been doing okay drinking my water. Not so good with the exercising :(
    That is my biggest struggle--and late night eating.
    I think if I could just make myself exercise at least 30 minutes each night and go to bed earlier so that I don't stay up so late snacking, I could get some pounds off.

The neglected part of my body that I plan to work on this week is my whole body! I have been neglecting exercise completely, so my goal is to just get at least 30 minutes each day in. And as far as something to encourage my weight loss...I don't really have the funds to purchase anything, so I think I may pull out my favorite pair of jeans that I am about 2 sizes too big for, and hang them up where I can see them every day as motivation!

I am praying that we all have a much better week this week and that we all have a loss! :)
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    Options
    SW= 196 lbs

Wi1= 193.6 lbs
    Wi2= 192.6 lbs
    Wi3= 189.4 lbs
    Wi4= 190.4 lbs
    Wi5= 187.8 lbs
    Wi6= 187.8 lbs
    Wi7= 186.0 lbs
    Wi8= 187.4 lbs

Gain this week = 1.4 lbs

Total Loss so far = 8.6lbs
  • chichi128
    chichi128 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds this week.
    I realized I wasn't being completely honest with myself and missed a few weigh-ins because I didn't want to accept how much I was gaining. But seriously, as soon as I became honest with myself I managed to take it off.

I'm hoping I can continue this honesty with myself and stay on track.

When I first started MFP I lost more than 50 pounds. And then with stress and health issues, I put more than half of it back on.

I am dedicated finally to getting it off and keeping it off.

wtg!!! thats an awesome start and realization!!! stay positive!!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    CW 184.5 - a gain! :blushing: :grumble: :mad: :angry: :huh: :embarassed: :ohwell:
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SW:176.4
    W1:172.6
    W2:172.6
    W3:170.9
    W4:169.3
    W5:168.2
    W6:167.8
    W7:168.5
    W8:173
    GW:154

I gained 4,5 pounds this week... A lot of it is water retention, but the rest is fat (unfortunately) I fell off the wagon, and I haven't been ablo to get back on track yet. I'm hoping to change that tomorrow...

I have got to stop eating crisps and cookies, and drinking sugary drinks... I wans't doing it before, so it's weird that I'm eating and drinking so much of it now, but I just can't seem to stop myself...

Anyway, I'll be back on track tomorrow :D Let's hope for better results next week ;)
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    6/4/2012----SW
    6/5/2012----CW
    6/12/2012---CW
    6/19/2012---CW
    200 Yay didn't think I lost any but for me 1 pound is good.
    6/26/2012....CW........199 Happy dance. Under 200. Hope it stays there.
    7/03/2012....CW........199 No happy dance this week. Hope to catch up next week. Darn it's slow.
    7/11/2012.....CW.......Same as last week. Stressful week. Stress is a real killer. I have to stop WORRYING about losing. It is counter productive. I didn't see a new challenge for this week, however just keeping on is a real challenge for me right now.
    7/17/2012.....CW.......200.1 Ok, enough is enough. I gained this week. Not sure why. I need to reevaluate my menu's. Hopefully there will be a loss next week.
    7/242012.....CW.......200.00 Big deal. 1/16 of a pound. Not giving up. Has to change soon.

Goal Weight 187.

My back has improved, somewhat. Now I'm able to start walking again. Slow but I'll try to increase it each day. If it gets to me again I'll stay where it's comfortable for awhile then increase again. Something has to work.

Increasing my water. Watching my sodium. Trying not to stress over the no loss. Stress doesn't help.

Everyone is working so hard. I love this thread. Everyone is so dedicated.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 181.6. Only a loss of .2 pounds.I guess even the tiniest loss is better than a gain.