CW: 167
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    all updated from the new thread and the old
  • abby1176
    abby1176 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time posting yesterday on the thread...glad it worked.

no change for me.....
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    July:

SW: 200lbs
    7/03/2012: 200
    7/10/2012: 198
    7/17/2012: 196
    7/24/2012: 196 (AGAIN !!) That mini vacay messed up my progress!!.lol
    7/31/2012:

GW:194lbs (July)
    Summer goal 189 by 8/31.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Try to get your weights in tomorrow and the spreadsheet will go up!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Here's your next bout of challenges:
    - Make sure you get fruits and/or vegetables with each meal you eat
    - Pick a neglected part of you body and work on it - for me, I'm going to focus on my arms
    - Get yourself something that's going to encourage more of your weight loss (I need to get a battery for my HRM)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    1 MONTH LEFT!! It is go time! We can do this!!!! But I have to say...

1342559941802_3327386.png
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    InSkyDiamonds - I know all the weights aren't officially tallied but I'm a numbers nerd & get motivated by them!
    I needed to see my ranking out of all 39 of us to know how I'm doing and I am NOT even in the top 50%!
    So I'm posting our top 20 according to WEIGHT LOSS (not distance from goal) to help motivate ME and CHALLENGE everyone to raise their rank:

20. knh1188
    19. mando456 *
    18. branohockey *
    17. abby1176
    16. cherriewilliams
    15. bobby172
    14. twistybee
    13. NYAngel1089
    12. gmarrier *
    11. livextoxrun
    10. zerbe6982
    8. curvimami (tie)
    8. dajackson81 (tie)
    7. chichi128
    6. devonette
    5. ingalynn
    4. brinasacat
    3. cateyes0831
    #2. andreamkelly - KICKING SOME BUTT!!!
    #1. kateva143 - KICKING SOME BUTT!!!

(* = means latest weigh-in is not calculated)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    InSkyDiamonds - I know all the weights aren't officially tallied but I'm a numbers nerd & get motivated by them!
    I needed to see my ranking out of all 39 of us to know how I'm doing and I am NOT even in the top 50%!
    So I'm posting our top 20 according to WEIGHT LOSS (not distance from goal) to help motivate ME and CHALLENGE everyone to raise their rank:

20. knh1188
    19. mando456 *
    18. branohockey *
    17. abby1176
    16. cherriewilliams
    15. bobby172
    14. twistybee
    13. NYAngel1089
    12. gmarrier *
    11. livextoxrun
    10. zerbe6982
    8. curvimami (tie)
    8. dajackson81 (tie)
    7. chichi128
    6. devonette
    5. ingalynn
    4. brinasacat
    3. cateyes0831
    #2. andreamkelly - KICKING SOME BUTT!!!
    #1. kateva143 - KICKING SOME BUTT!!!

(* = means latest weigh-in is not calculated)

Love it!
  • bunjijk
    bunjijk Posts: 44
    Options
    Wow, new to this site with this challenge. Panicked when I couldn't figure out how to post yesterday. Here is my current weight for the week: 213.6 pounds. Most of it water loss from my vacation the previous week. It's still weight though and my cankles are back! They were just an extension of my knee caps last week. :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Wow, new to this site with this challenge. Panicked when I couldn't figure out how to post yesterday. Here is my current weight for the week: 213.6 pounds. Most of it water loss from my vacation the previous week. It's still weight though and my cankles are back! They were just an extension of my knee caps last week. :)

I'm glad you figured it out and found us!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I tried to post yesterday, but I don't think it took. Sorry if it's a repeat.

Weekly loss...2.6
    CW 180.6 (looking soooo forward to being in the 170's. It's been about 10 years)

I have lost a total of 30 lbs since i started MFP...That's about half of my overall goal, so I am pretty excited! As for the week's challenges, I bought myself a new pair of running shoes this week. And I really need to work on my arms. Thanks for all you do!
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    To those people who have managed to lose weight during this challenge, congratulations! Summer is a tough time to do it!

It makes me sad to see how many of the people who started the challenge have given up along the way and dropped out, but I'm glad to see that so many have continued on, even when they've had a bad couple of weeks.

I can't even begin to count the number of times over the last 30 years I've started on a diet with a set weight goal and goal date in mind and made it through a few days or weeks and then give up when I've had a bad weigh in, or a day (or week) of not eating right (or not exercising because of feeling poorly or not having the opportunity) and did so badly that I didn't record what I DID eat and do, and then just gave up completely.

This time around I have finally realized that being honest with myself and keeping track of the food and exercise transgressions, correcting or making up for those things I can and accepting and learning from those things I can't have actually helped me get right back on track and stick with this challenge and others.

Right now I'm hosting a cousin from the UK for 3 weeks. We have done a lot of all day sightseeing, and as a result have been eating out more in the past 2 weeks than I have done all year. I've also not been able to do my usual exercise routine while he's here. Now, in the past this would have totally been a deal breaker for my diet, and I probably would have put off getting back on the diet and exercise routine until the first week of January (you know the drill -- too many summer picnics to diet, beginning of school functions with PTA supplied goodies left over that we can't bear to throw away, Halloween goodies, Thanksgiving, Christmas cookies -- all those excuses why not to get back to eating right, too hot out to walk or exercise, no time to do it, no facilities to exercise while on vacation etc.). But this time around I am recording everything, being aware of everything, and not letting the meals out or missed exercises derail things!

For this challenge I am still on track, which I'm thrilled about. For another challenge I'm on, I know I won't make my goal, but I will still have lost weight and for me that's the important thing.

I guess what I'm saying is that for those people who are thinking about dropping out of this challenge because they might not make their goal, haven't been losing as quickly as they'd like, have hit a plateau, have gained, have been eating things they shouldn't or not exercising like they should, or just haven't felt motivated: pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and just get back to it! Record everything, the good and the bad, as best you can. Be honest with yourself and recognize where you fell short and why, and where you were strong and why. There is still a month left of the challenge -- even if you have gained since the beginning you still have a month left to lose at least something, and that's a win in my book! Don't give up on yourself! You can do this!!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I found you again!! I am still trying to figure out parts of the site and had a difficult time figuring out where to find everyone.
    :smile:
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I think my weight may have been put in the wrong spot on the chart. My weight for last Tuesday was 169.3. Hope that helps.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I'll get it fixed :)

The sheet will either be up tonight or tomorrow.
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was so sick yesterday. barely ate anything. im not sure what to get to motivate myself tho.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Top 5 Losers for the Week:
    1. inskydiamonds - 4
    2. ingalynn - 2.8
    3. kateva143 - 2
    4. bobby172 - 1.6
    5. cherriewilliams - 1.5

Top 10 Losers for the Challenge:
    1. kateva143 - 22.6
    2. andreamkelly - 22.4
    3. ingalynn - 14.1
    4. cateyes0831 - 13
    5. brianascat - 11.8
    6. devonette - 10
    7. chichi128 - 9.9
    8. curvimami & dajackson81 - 9
    9. zerbe6982 - 8.6

Good job! Keep it up!
  • araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have been having a hard time getting back on track since vacation, and have put on some. trying to turn things around, but I love sweets and chocolate sooooo much. I need to take a break and be strict, but easier said than done. One month left and 10 pounds to go, not sure if I can pull it off, but will be with all of you as I try. hope this continues as a fall challenge??? for those that don't make our goal weight!
  • garbor16
    garbor16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Top 5 Losers for the Week:
    1. inskydiamonds - 4
    2. ingalynn - 2.8
    3. kateva143 - 2
    4. bobby172 - 1.6
    5. cherriewilliams - 1.5

Top 10 Losers for the Challenge:
    1. kateva143 - 22.6
    2. andreamkelly - 22.4
    3. ingalynn - 14.1
    4. cateyes0831 - 13
    5. brianascat - 11.8
    6. devonette - 10
    7. chichi128 - 9.9
    8. curvimami & dajackson81 - 9
    9. zerbe6982 - 8.6

Good job! Keep it up!

Congratulations inskydiamonds & thank you! Great job to all!