Black Team Week 11

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    I was very proud of myself today when I went shopping and had stuff in my hand and then told myself I didn't need any of it, put it down and left. I went looking for one thing, they didn't have it, which always leads to buying stuff I really don't need. I did good.

I finally got up the balls to call about the job. I didn't get it. :happy: :drinker: There was a brief moment where I was a little ticked, more of the 'what the hell is wrong with me' thing, but I'm over it. I'm not applying anymore unless a certain school has an opening- not the one I interviewed for, I had told myself that from the start, not sure why I caved. I'm weak, what can I say?

Anyway, it's a relief and now my brain can get back on track. All it's thought for a week was 'oh crap, oh boy, oh no, what have I done?'
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway: Poor Marla......but I get him, sorry. I have a really good friend who BATHES in her sent. NO seriously........she uses shower gel, then shampoo and condition, then the after body splash, then the body lotion, then the spritz of smell..............I can see the cloud as she walks from her house. I have learned to take my own car to whereever we are going.

I just dont enjoy dinner with hives, no oxygen and snot running down my face:laugh: :laugh:

Lori-I avoid all those too! My husband had 6, count em SIX air fresheners in his truck. I hop in and hop right back out. He was mad:angry: . get your butt back in here he says............no WAY I tell him.

I asked him about the AF he tells me it is 1........I am exaggerating as usual. So I get a towel and cover my face, and pull out 6 fresheners from the AC vents, the damn tree hanging on his mirror, behind the sun visors.

He apologized and we took my car:glasses:
  • 72lori
    Options
    :noway: Poor Marla......but I get him, sorry. I have a really good friend who BATHES in her sent. NO seriously........she uses shower gel, then shampoo and condition, then the after body splash, then the body lotion, then the spritz of smell..............I can see the cloud as she walks from her house. I have learned to take my own car to whereever we are going.

I just dont enjoy dinner with hives, no oxygen and snot running down my face:laugh: :laugh:

Lori-I avoid all those too! My husband had 6, count em SIX air fresheners in his truck. I hop in and hop right back out. He was mad:angry: . get your butt back in here he says............no WAY I tell him.

I asked him about the AF he tells me it is 1........I am exaggerating as usual. So I get a towel and cover my face, and pull out 6 fresheners from the AC vents, the damn tree hanging on his mirror, behind the sun visors.

I get it! My husband always thought it was in my head, so he would try and hide the air fresheners in the car. I always knew they were there. My nose knows! I started throwing them out the window into the driveway when I would detect one.

I also had a coworker that used to have them in her car, I always offered to drive to lunch! I get almost panicky when I'm in a new situation and I might be faced with closed up cars and air fresheners. It sounds so silly to most people, but it's really a big deal if you are bothered by that stuff.

When we went to the Poconos, we ran out to this little grocery store for food. My hubs rounds the corner with a pack of air fresheners. I just look at him, he sheepishly says "I thought it would be good for the musty smell in the house." I glared. He put them back. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I get it! My husband always thought it was in my head, so he would try and hide the air fresheners in the car. I always knew they were there. My nose knows! I started throwing them out the window into the driveway when I would detect one.

I also had a coworker that used to have them in her car, I always offered to drive to lunch! I get almost panicky when I'm in a new situation and I might be faced with closed up cars and air fresheners. It sounds so silly to most people, but it's really a big deal if you are bothered by that stuff.

When we went to the Poconos, we ran out to this little grocery store for food. My hubs rounds the corner with a pack of air fresheners. I just look at him, he sheepishly says "I thought it would be good for the musty smell in the house." I glared. He put them back. :laugh:

It is funny. I can go to a claimants home with dog poop or cat poop in the living room, walk right in and sit down to talk business.............but have some insence burning:noway: I make them sit out front:laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So what am I proud of today? Hmmm???? I haven't really done anything, kind of a lazy day for me just ran some errands. I guess I'm proud that my girls were good for me while we were out. I got stopped about 4 times at the store because A was smiling at everyone and making them laugh.

Oh I know what I am proud of I made marshmallow fondant and didn't try any of it. made hubs do it.

I have to make A's cake for her family party here and then some time next week I have to make and freeze fondant and chocolate buttercream frosting for their party in NY. Wish me luck on a loss next wednesday.

Lori- I know how you feel I have been trying to find new bottoms for my bathing suit and every time I go into the dressing room I come out and go why do I even bother. I still see the fat girl in the mirror. When my belly is covered I say hey that girl in the mirror kind of looks skinny but the minute the belly is out I am like what am I thinking. I too am obsessed with my calories. The other day I was talking to my mom about the new dark chocolate reeses cups and told her that each one has 46 calories. I also told her that was a lot for 1 piece of candy. She told me that I shouldn't worry about a meesily 46 calories just to not over do it.

Jeannie- I love my smells. I never do strong ones though. just light and barely there.

annaliza- I bet that guy deserved it.

Tamara- you have more will power then I do. All that candy and you haven't touched it. WOW!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great!!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Black Team!! :heart: My positive - for yesterday I got squarely back on track again. In a big way!! I got totally p*ssed because I'm up about 7 or 8 lbs of water weight and wasn't even doing anything about it. So there sodium! Anyhow - for today, even though I took the day off I still got up at 7 and hauled my 13 year old daughter out of bed and we went and walked around the lake. Only 1.4 miles, but I haven't done even that much for a month! So yay! Had to take 5 year old for her kindergarten check up and shots. She is cranky, tired and sore now!! Off to the store for some Tylenol chewables.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My positive today: I was nice to my hubby when he came home from PT and made him a nice piece of swordfish and salad.

:tongue:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    My positive for today is I worked very hard today to make some good money and I have had junk food around me all day and haven't even craved any of it! Major plus for me!!

Hope everyone is doing good.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    My positive for the day is that I got to work early :bigsmile: It was only by 10 minutes, but early is early,
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my positive for the day is that i felt thin. i know i'm a way off from that, but i didn't feel fat and bloated :drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    My positive for the days is that I pushed ten minuetes longer than I felt like going at the gym today.
    :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    my positive is I'm spending time with Caleb and Joshua, and making frozen pizza for the family rather than running-- without grumbling about it--

Go figure-- :noway:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    My positive for the day is that I only ate half of the brownie and ice cream. I'm also proud that we took a nice long walk tonight as a family.
  • 72lori
    Options
    This is 100% positive. Last year on my anniversary:
    ann08-1-1.jpg?t=1248492032

Today for my anniversary:
    IMG_4195.jpg?t=1248491598

Pictures where I see the difference make me happy!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    wow, lori!

congrats, there definitely is a big difference! :drinker:

and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    You look great, Lori--

Happy Anniversary!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hey team, been thinking about Lori's comments about still seeing herself as fat and Sam's comments about being looking good in clothes, but not without. I completely relate to both. I think as women more of us than not have distorted self images of our bodies. We need to somehow learn to listen to what others tell us. Our friends and family and even strangers view our bodies much differently than we do. We are our worst critics, we are hard on ourselves, we don't cut ourselves one ounce of slack. We need to stop.

I do understand, I too look in the mirror (when I allow myself) and see the saggy skin, the stretch marks, the cellulite, the wrinkles, the grey hair... need I continue? You know what ladies, it is what it is. When I start to get down on myself about it that's what I have to keep reminding myself. I try not to dwell on it. I'm trying to like me for me, how I am now, because by far it's way better than before.

As far as the 'look good in clothes but not naked' thing. If we can rock it in clothes, who cares how we look naked? After all, how many people see us naked? Our men. They loved us before, it's not our bodies that they fell in love with so they are just as happy now as they were when we had the extra weight. Our doctors. If my doctor thinks I look hot naked, I need a new one. Our pets. My dog doesn't care what I have where, he just loves me. Our kids. Mine are too old to be seeing mom naked, but you guys with little ones, they sort of fall into the loyal pet category, they don't care either!

We have all come a long way, we have all worked hard. We deserve to feel good about ourselves. We should feel good about ourselves. We should feel proud. Take time today to feel positive and proud about how you look right now! I'm going to.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm with you, Lori, 'cept for the doctor part--

I had me a cute as a button surgeon-- I'm not so much minding if he thinks I'm hot. :wink:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey team, been thinking about Lori's comments about still seeing herself as fat and Sam's comments about being looking good in clothes, but not without. I completely relate to both. I think as women more of us than not have distorted self images of our bodies. We need to somehow learn to listen to what others tell us. Our friends and family and even strangers view our bodies much differently than we do. We are our worst critics, we are hard on ourselves, we don't cut ourselves one ounce of slack. We need to stop.

I do understand, I too look in the mirror (when I allow myself) and see the saggy skin, the stretch marks, the cellulite, the wrinkles, the grey hair... need I continue? You know what ladies, it is what it is. When I start to get down on myself about it that's what I have to keep reminding myself. I try not to dwell on it. I'm trying to like me for me, how I am now, because by far it's way better than before.

As far as the 'look good in clothes but not naked' thing. If we can rock it in clothes, who cares how we look naked? After all, how many people see us naked? Our men. They loved us before, it's not our bodies that they fell in love with so they are just as happy now as they were when we had the extra weight. Our doctors. If my doctor thinks I look hot naked, I need a new one. Our pets. My dog doesn't care what I have where, he just loves me. Our kids. Mine are too old to be seeing mom naked, but you guys with little ones, they sort of fall into the loyal pet category, they don't care either!

We have all come a long way, we have all worked hard. We deserve to feel good about ourselves. We should feel good about ourselves. We should feel proud. Take time today to feel positive and proud about how you look right now! I'm going to.

Cheers to that Lori :drinker: Definately wise words from a wise woman. I definately do not envy the gals. Society is alot harder on woman than men when it comes to the weight thing. You gals spend your whole life being hammered with unrealistic and downright unhealthy examples of being "Skinny" and it has to be tough to figure out where you should be. A fat man is often considered Funny or Jolly while a fat woman is considered a shame and can be made to feel like some sort of food criminal.

I think the transition from losing weight to maintaining weight can be alot harder than many folks think. We have formed the weight loss habits and I used to think of the day when I would to to maintenance calories as a bit a relief but now that I have been at this for a while I am realizing that it might be more of a pain in the *kitten* to make the adjustment. Lori (leckel) is right about your men. We loved you before you lost weight and we will always love you no matter what. (Yes bethany, I am talking to you.:love::love: )

Now Lori (loreeb), "As a friend" <
    Important married man disclaimer, You are a beautiful girl, you look wonderful and are and amazing wife and mom. Your current weight does not in any way have a negative impact on your health and your husband is crazy for you. So your wise husband is correct. The time has come for you to take that step back. You have deifnately learned the difference between good eating habits and bad. You know how to live a healthy and active life. So, take some time to try to get more comfortable in your own skin. Try your best to see yourself through dave's eyes each and every day. If you can do that then you will definatley find a way to love yourself with all your heart. And never forget that this team loves you. I know it's in that "creepy, never really met you internet sort of way" but, we do none the less. lol

:drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Here is my proud for the day so far.
    Image145.jpg

there could be more through out the day it is after all only 9am.